4.0 out of 5 stars Unique but Not Extraordinary
Published 16 months ago by Mike Del Modesto

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality tool, but........................
I already have a few of these multi-tools, several Leatherman, Gerber and the Classic Swiss Army knives etc.

But I have yet seen one with an axe and hammer function, so I ordered this.

I found it to be of excellent quality and workmanship, but limited in use. Functionally speaking, its not that useful at all.

Its too large and too limited...
Published on June 19, 2011 by Collectorque

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality tool, but........................, June 19, 2011
Collectorque (People's Republic of California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sheffield 12301 Camper 12-in-1 Multi Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)

But I have yet seen one with an axe and hammer function, so I ordered this.

Its too large and too limited in functions when compared to a decent Swiss Army Knives.

But its too small and light to be of any use in any chores that requires some chopping and pounding.

Its a "better than nothing" tool.

You can do so much better with a proper camping axe/hammer combo plus a nice little Swiss Army job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique but Not Extraordinary, May 4, 2013
I bought this gadget a few years ago for a camping trip and have used it sparingly since. The spike hammer worked "ok" , the few ounces the head weighs is ineffective for driving anything larger than a small nail. The hatchet side isn't very useful for any kind of real work except maybe butchering rabbit, lopping off fish tails or splitting a tiny log. The extra features like knife, saw etc. aren't bad in a pinch but w/o a locking mechanism they're not suitable in a self-defense scenario, (then again w/ a tiny hatchet in hand one still has an option). A serious woodsman or camper may find this indespensible but for a professonal handyman/ average joe like me, carrying this around serves little purpose. I'm happy w/ the tool because it appears & feels solid and hasn't rusted like other multi function tools I own and it's a neat tool. From a design/engineering standpoint (two things which I am not btw) the two riveted pins that hold the head to the body seem like a real weak point considering the twisting/shearing force they encounter w/ every blow of the ax, hammer or built in hex nut driver opening. An overall novelty that's unique and well made enough that I'm content.

5.0 out of 5 stars work of art and function, February 5, 2012
I purchase these multi tools as a collector, the prices charged barely cover the cost of the steel they are made from, the genius is in the design and construction.

3.0 out of 5 stars Deceitful, June 23, 2014
Gary Guddy (Los Angeles, Ca.) - See all my reviews
I ordered this model because out of all similarly constructed units this very specifically described itself as being 9.8 inches long. They also described a 6 inch dimension. I assumed the 9.8 was the unfolded length.., wrong. It is the length when utensils are extended. The 4 inch handle will barely fit my closed fist. The hammer or hatchet will come down and I'll crack my knuckles. I'm sending this back. Will purchase a regular hammer/hatchet combo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what was expected, May 26, 2012
It was everything that the details said it would be, which is exactly what I wanted! Got to me in less than 5 days so was very nice as it was a father's day gift. He loves it by the way if anyone wants an idea for next year. It is very sturdy and had pretty sharp blades right out of the package.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 15, 2014
Very we'll built

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, May 17, 2014
it is not high quality, but for the money my son used it camping. he did well. The safety cover for the hatchet is really not good, it will not stay on! That is why I gave a 3

5.0 out of 5 stars I reccomend it, March 8, 2014
I was very pleased with this product! One thing I noticed was that this is very small! But it still makes a great multi tool. Would definitely reccomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one Camping Tool, February 5, 2014
I collect vintage and unique pocket knives and this is truly unique. It is also surprisingly functional. You're not going to split any logs with the hatchet head, but it was useful for other functions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 13, 2014
A handy and compact camping tool, or just to have in your car.

Sheffield 12301 Camper 12-in-1 Multi Tool