5.0 out of 5 stars Again, not for girly men

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But too Easy and too many gliches, October 13, 2004
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
The game was good, but like other reviewers said it freezes up way too much. But even with that set aside the game is way too easy even on Hard level. I think I beat the game in like 4-5 hours of gameplay. ... Also they should have a co-op play it would have been an improvement. They also need to make it more realistic, like for instance your squad when ever they die they come back to life, or the enemys take like 16 shots to die, and same for you. Need to make it more like Ghost Recon where 1 shot can kill you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont Waste Your Time Or Money, September 17, 2004
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
This game is really bad. The only new thing is the gore factor which at first is different but it gets old and unexciting real fast. Plays like [edited]. After the third mission I totally lost interest. .... I was really looking forward to this game and then I became disappointed real fast. Next time this company should spend their time in developing a more realistic type of game and get away from the hitman type feel. This is a renter and even then entertaining for only a few hours. Don't waste your time or $ on this one. ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Again, not for girly men, October 22, 2004
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
This game is diffrent than other games as it really tried to be dark. And what I mean is that though war is hell, and all FPS (first person shooters) games depict death and violence as in war, no other game so far as touched on what Shellshock tries to touch on. The brutallity of the NVA and VC. ... It's this detail to the nature of the enemy that is going to hit very close to home for some. Running through rice fields with mortars exploding all around, civilians turning on you. Everything is here. So be warned, as in real life, this war is hell

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Blood - Bordering on Gratuitous, December 19, 2004
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
If you're looking for a true immersive experience in combat-ridden Vietnam of the late 60s, this mature title might fit the bill.

You work your way through the conflicts in Vietnam, starting as a green rookie and learning skills and techniques as you go. There are squad blasting missions, sneaky missions, missions where you need to slay a certain person, and other missions where you just shoot everyone in sight.

The graphics are reasonably good - trees have individual leaves, the helmets have sayings scrawled on them, bursts of blood come out from shots. The weapons and outfits are well done.

The sound goes for realistic over arcady. You don't get fun bouncy soundtracks as you fight you rway through the jungle - instead you're surrounded by gunfire, the shouting of your commander's orders and the cries of the wounded. It does get a little repetitive, though, as you hear "destroy that tunnel!" for the 20th time in a row.

There are booby traps and tunnels, napalm and death. You shoot women in the head, see hands blown off. In general this game really earns its mature rating. Heads burst like a balloon, and some of the mission situations are questionable. If I was a Vietnam Vet (or a Vietnamese person for that matter) I'd be pretty annoyed at the portrayal of what an 'average soldier' was like.

If you're a shooter fan and are looking for lots of blood, and can disconnect the game with the history it's playing, then you might enjoy this. But if you're really a fan of the military and of realistic shooters, there are other games on the market that are better to spend your money on.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun game but mine feezed on 8th level, October 16, 2004
W. Newberry "agent_47" (st.simons.isl., GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
This game is a third person shooter.But you only control your own man. Its also not a very hard game . It did feel like I was in the jungles with intense firefights,with bullets flying by me. ... ... I had fun playing this game it made me feel like I was in the jungle .But the freezes and the glitches are a big problem. As far a graphics go,if you have a TV with an "S" cable input ,I strongly suggest you get a "S" cable for your XBOX. It improves graphics on all your games,as well as your dvd movies. If you have a "component input" even better its got a blue,red,yellow,white input. The "S" input is usually black in color and has a funky look to it. I only suggested this cause I see some complaints about graphics on alot of games ,but with an "S" cable they actually look pretty good . ... It was fun up until it froze ...

1.0 out of 5 stars Great title that is worth exactly what I paid for it, August 6, 2012
D. Knox "Podbodies Nerfect" (Glendale, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
It's a good thing that I only paid 1 cent ($4 after shipping) for this game because a penny is all it is worth. I realize this is an Xbox title, but compared to ALL of he Xbox games I own this is the worst. The graphics are horrible, it is rendered it what I can only describe as extra grainy. I think that the intro and opening of the could conceivably warrant the grainy look of the graphics, but the whole 'effin game looks like that. The game mechanics are poor. The contoller layout for the game are bad. Being able to cover so you don't get shot, aiming, ducking, all of these are difficult if not impossible to do effectively. If you are looking for a Vietnam conflict shooter to play, like I was, then for the love of God buy this used for a penny like I did or don't buy his game at all. Again I realize this is an Xbox title and it is old, but I play GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas, and they all equal if not excel over the PC versions of the game and put to shame the PS2 versions. And those aren't the only titles I own, of the 30+ Xbox games I play on my Xbox 360 this is the worst. There are many 3rd person shooters that were out when this was released (Max Payne 1 & 2 come to mind) that are very well executed. The makers of this game were lazy or didn't care. Pass on this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but fun, September 24, 2004
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
First of the game is fun, enjoyed from the moment I picked it up and started to play it. This comes from a person who plays [edited]. It like the other reveiwers are a bunch of nerds who probaly hated platoon and full metal jacket. The game does not have any gliches has opposed to what another reveiwer said. This is a must game for people who like Platoon or any other great Vietnam war movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, Price to High, November 10, 2004
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
I'm not a big gamer. I bought the game because I was in the mood. I normally don't like the shooter type games but this game brings an intensity that is better then just aim and shoot and kill. I liked the confussion during battle, the realism of and the horror. Shooting my way through the jungles as hand gernades and bullets were tearing my platoon apart. Watching as a mass of v-congs swarmed all around and taking cover not knowing where the enemy is located. I thought it was a good game. ...

5.0 out of 5 stars love this game, September 15, 2011
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
I used to play this game when it first came out and its one of my favorites so I just bought it again and now I play it on my 360

3.0 out of 5 stars A good strategy type game, February 22, 2011
David Hartman (Mooresville, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox (Video Game)
This game is ok, it is very complex around how to manipulate your teams and attack targets but it does have good strategy when playing it. If you are used to shoot up games like World at War and such, this is not it. However, if you like to act like coordinated teams in combat and control how to attack and outflank an enemy, then it is good. More strategy type then shoot them up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox
Shell Shock: NAM 67 - Xbox by Eidos Interactive (Xbox)
$29.99 $18.36