5.0 out of 5 stars Great, and with a great price tag
Published on May 27, 2012 by JaredA

A very fragile cube, DO NOT CORNER CUT WITH THIS CUBE!

I was finishing my first solve on the cube and went to cut a corner a bit to fast and the cube shattered (didn't pop, completely shattered)

I figured it was simply adjusted to loosely until I fould that the core had split into 3 pieces

It turned smooth for the few minutes I did get to...
Published 26 days ago by america

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, and with a great price tag, May 27, 2012
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
I bought this cube a couple of weeks ago, and I gotta say, I am impressed. Out of the box it turns smoother than my fully lubricated 4x4, and has never popped. I've had a couple instances where I thought it was going to, but it never did. Overall, if your looking for your first 5x5, this should definitely be it. It's cheap, works great, and is very durable. Also, the stickers are decent quality, and I love the white plastic over black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 5x5x5 for the money, August 19, 2012
Aesculus (Richwood, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
Before I bought this cube I was using a Rubik's 5x5x5 and was very frustrated by how unwieldy it is and how perfectly you have to line up the cubies before making a turn. Not to mention it has a very unsatisfying sound. So I bought the ShengShou based on the reviews and the price and I am extremely happy with it. It turns smoothly, no binding, nice sound and decent speed.

Someone mentioned that it will jam occasionally, and that happened to me once. The only way to unjam it was to pop the offending piece and put it back in. Other than that I have no problems.

I wish the cube was a little bigger, but I think the V-cube 5x5x5 is the same size.

5.0 out of 5 stars shengshou 5x5 puzzle cube white review, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
The ShengShou 5x5 is a great speedcube, better than other brands and quality wise. It is quite small though, a little smaller then the LanLan 4x4, so it can be a problem with big hands, but you will get used to it. It turns very well, if you dont mind the noise, it is perfect. It has a no pop design that is quite helpful with speed runs but can be a nuisance sometimes because sometimes it wants to pop but cant so i creates a gigantic lockup that can only be fixed by taking a piece out and putting it back in. But that only happens if you try to make a gigantic corner cut, like two or three cubies, but it can only cut about 1/2 to 1 cubies. Over all this is a great cube and you should definitely get this over other brands. Also, its cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product of Shengshou, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
This is another great Shengshou product! I recieved mine the other day and am very pleased with it. In all honesty, if you are looking to speedcube the 5x5, I would not buy this. I am new to solving the 5x5 and for the purposes of learning it is great. I have had one pop which was a little disappointing as I've been using my Shengshou 4x4 daily and haven't had a single pop in over a month of use. The stickers feel a little more like tiles, they give you a better grip but aren't as sleek as standard stickers. The turning was decent out of the box, and I don't have lock ups.

Again, I'm not speedcubing my 5x5, I just bought it because I wanted to learn a higher order cube. If you are looking to speed solve 5x5s, I'd say look else where. But if you are a casual cuber and want a good looking, durable cube. This is for you!

(And the price is WAY more reasonable than V-Cubes)

EDIT: This cube has a disadvantage primarily being that when it does lock up, it locks SEVERELY. My tredges get caught on the center pieces and I had to put serious pressure on the cube to get it to pop back into place, but thankfully shengshou has a very durable product so despite the lock up, everything popped back into pack and works all the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars good cube, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
rather quick, easy to turn, im only able to solve the centers so far (3x3x3) but my husband was able to solve the whole thing first try

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
This cube is great. It is pretty fast and doesn't fall apart that easily. The only bad thing about it is that if you aren't carefully while you are solving it, the pieces can fall off, but that be a usual because of the way the pieces were put together. Overall agreat cube!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to turn, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
Pros:
speed
lightweight
price

Cons:
stickers are already starting to peel
turning when the cube is not set properly can lead to pieces popping out

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY BUY BUY!, July 27, 2014
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
This cube is absolutely wonderful. It takes a little while to get used to the turning, but that is to be expected. It is a little smaller than you might think, about as big as a 4x4x4, but I find it a little bit easier to turn like that. It cuts corners very well and the way it turns is just amazing. Buy this when you get the chance. It s a steal. If you still aren't convinced, then consider its very fast shipping (about 4 days for me.) and the hours of fun that it could provide you!

2.0 out of 5 stars thats why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 I will be looking elsewhere for a good 5x5, July 24, 2014
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
A very fragile cube, DO NOT CORNER CUT WITH THIS CUBE!

It turned smooth for the few minutes I did get to use it, thats why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1

I will be looking elsewhere for a good 5x5 cube

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably not for speedcubers., August 8, 2014
This review is from: Shengshou® 5x5x5 6.5cm V III Speed Cube Puzzle White (Toy)
Feels just like my Rubik's cube brand 3x3x3, which I like. It is almost the same exact size as the Shengshou 4x4x4, so if you're looking for a larger cube, this probably isn't it. It doesn't really corner at all either, and I managed to lock one up once. It's good for casual solving, but if you're looking for hardcore speedcubing, this probably won't work for you, at least not stock.

Rate and Discover Movies