Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

71%
29%

on January 16, 2010
Take the phone off the hook and get lost for a few hours in the small town of Destiny, Wyoming - home to newlyweds, Sheriff Gage Steele, and bartender, Racy Dillon. Thrown together in Vegas, they get hitched on a drunken whim, and in the cold light of day scatter to get an annulment.
But family dramas, troublesome locals and a golden retriever puppy - who seems hell bent on matchmaking - conspire against them.
Christyne Butler's bestseller, THE SHERIFF'S SECRET WIFE, is a love story full of passion. Its colorful, real-life characters add plenty of spice to a plot that twists and turns. This book is a must read!
on March 6, 2012
I read this book because Christyne Butler was a friend on the eHarlequin boards. I read her other books because she is a wonderfully talented and emotional writer. My favorite kind. If a book doesn't yank on at least some of my emotions; anger, joy, sadness, I won't enjoy it.

These are two characters I love and it kind of surprised me that the heroine worked in a bar at first. But I can't imagine her being anywhere else now. As a sheriff, her hero was perfect and I fell in love with all the characters in the book. I can't remember names after a couple of years (not unusual for me), and the books are packed after a recent move, but I remember their stories. That's what matters to me. This series is, and will remain, on my keeper shelf, even if that's a virtual place.

I adore the way Christyne wrote the end of this book. If a book makes me cry- it has got to be good. Congrats on a writing career so much deserved, Christyne.
on July 25, 2010
I hate to say this because I really liked this author's other book, but this heroine seemed to be one step above a prostitute. I couldn't respect or identify with her. She just came across as slutty.
on September 3, 2010
I agree with the person before me. This girl had a major problem with modesty. She completely lacked it.

Also, the book kept referring to her as having curly red hair. On the cover she has blond hair. She has this look about her that says, "Come here, big boy." It was disgusting to read her attitude in their pasts. I couldn't finish this book either. Skip this. Really.
on July 27, 2015
I always buy Christyne Butler books. You'll want to shout " They're Married" before the last page.
on July 25, 2015
My favorite book by Ms. Butler. This was a quick, easy read. Romantic, charming with a little element of danger thrown in. I couldn't put it down. Perfect for a lazy weekend. I liked the Heroine, Racine 'Racy' Dillon since we were introduced to her in Second Chance Cowboy. Her friend, Maggie's story. She was so fun! And Gage was sigh worthy. I adored him. I loved how he had a thing for her since High School, and wouldn't give up on her, and refused to give up on their 'secret marriage.' The Vegas wedding by Elvis was too funny. And the reveal, to their family and friends was so emotional. I got teary eyed. I loved the entire Steele family. Gage's family was so warm and loving, despite their share of problems. Death of father. Rebellious twin teen siblings. They loved each other and were there for each other through it all. In contrast to Racy's screwed up family. I was glad to see her brother, Justin get his act together, and I'm looking forward to his story with Gage's sister, no less. I'm a sucker for pets in romance's, so I loved Jack. Racy's Golden Retriever. I thought it was adorable he kept showing up at Gage's. I want to be Racy, just so I can be married to Gage and live in that GORGEOUS house of he built. It was great to see Maggie and Landon again. Glad we got to see them get married. This was just a great book.
on August 26, 2015
Great book and series. This is a great series of books to add to your library.Chistyne Buttler did a great job