5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Published 10 months ago by Valerya Couto

3.0 out of 5 stars It will do.
this soundtrack is better than the first but not as good as the second. I can't really say what is missing.
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 9, 2014
This review is from: Sherlock Original TV Soundtrack-Music From Series Three (Audio CD)
If you love the series, then surely you've noticed the wonderful musical score infused within every episode. Season Three of Sherlock contains almost as much drama and excitement as season two (my favorite) and the musical soundtrack is no different. After I listened to it, I was itching to re-watch the series for the umpteenth time. Every track reminded me and made me visualize the accompanying scene but this time, with perfect clarity, I can solely focus on the beautiful music and not be distracted by what's onscreen.

It starts out fast and contagious with 'How It Was Done', continues with melancholy tracks like 'Floating Dust' and concludes episode one with the powerfully dramatic 'Lazarus'. Episode two feature lighter tracks such as 'Stag Night', darker ones like 'Major Sholto' and a lovely violin solo for 'Waltz for John and Mary'. Then we arrive at episode three, the darkest of all which include nearly all my favorite tracks on the entire album. My favorites here are the mournful 'Redbeard', 'Addicted To A Certain Lifestyle', a brilliant, ominous track called 'Appledore' and the concluding and sorrowful, 'The East Wind'.

I can't even guess how many times I've listened to this album, whether at work or in my car.(I don't listen at home anymore as my husband gives me a look whenever I even try it now...) It never gets old. David Arnold and Michael Price do a fantastic job, as they have done for Seasons One and Two. I hope their collaboration continues for Sherlock's future. I highly urge anyone who loves and admires Sherlock to try this album out. I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 7, 2014
Another beautiful soundtrack by David Arnold and Michael Price. All the emotions of Sherlock series 3 compressed in 73 min.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best out of the 3, March 7, 2014
I love this program and the soundtrack that goes with it. This soundtrack has a lot more techno-style music. If you just can't get enough Sherlock, this soundtrack is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars His Last Vow Music: Emmy Winner, and No Wonder, August 20, 2014
Well, is it any wonder that David Arnold and Michael Price won an Emmy (at the "early" Emmies") for the soundtrack to "His Last Vow?" The music to the entire THREE series is subtle yet bold, contemplative yet vigorous, a musical reflection of the characters and situations in which they find themselves. The mixed use of traditional instruments and electronics is executed with care, and some of the themes are astonishingly beautiful. That some of the themes repeat is a musical device to "push the plot" and create recognition in viewers. After all, how many songs, how many symphonies, how many ANYTHING musical does not use repetition of theme or rhythm to create a foundation to "ground" the listener. Yes, some of the tracks are short -- but again, this reflects the exciting, fast-moving plot and the astonishing speed of Sherlock, himself, as he and John charge through their "ridiculous adventures" (to quote a certain Best Man's speech). Five stars for the composers and for the amazing instrumentalists who perform what is sometimes extremely delicate and sometimes quite bombastic music for Sherlock. Keep the show coming, please -- and the music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
Absolutely fantastic soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the show and the Soundtrack, May 23, 2014
The soundtrack rocks. I am not big in to techno, but I love the Stag Night track. Definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, May 19, 2014
Music from one of my favorite shows! I already had the soundtracks from the first & second seasons, so naturally I was glad to find music from the third!! There was a small crack in the case when it arrived, but other than that, it is just fine and I'm very happy about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to find the 1 missing song, May 15, 2014
Great soundtrack! Which version of "donde esta Yolanda" is missing from this album? Otherwise it's fantastic! Just missing that song.

5.0 out of 5 stars ❤️, May 3, 2014
I love this. Just one of the MANY reasons I love Sherlock anyway, but if you enjoy its music, you will enjoy this. I could have a few of the tracks be longer, but I like how they name each track so I can relate it to the part of the story. Love having as background music.

3.0 out of 5 stars It will do., April 21, 2014