5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for Ipad.
I really like the belkin snap shield cause it fits well with the navy leather cover from apple.
Keeps the backside from the Ipad protected against scratches while sliding on a surface.
Published 15 months ago by djoembie

3.0 out of 5 stars Complements the smart cover well but cracks to easily
I really wanted something that was light and thin, to maintain the form factor of the New iPad. I saw this case online and waited forever for it to be in stock. I was upset about the wait because I ordered my ipAd on launch day and had to wait about a month before I received it.

Published 22 months ago by Marcus S

3.0 out of 5 stars Complements the smart cover well but cracks to easily, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Snap Shield Secure for New Apple iPad 3rd Generation, HD, 1080P, WiFi, 4G LTE, AT&T, Verizon (Navy) (Personal Computers)

I've been happy with the case for the most part but each corner on the case has developed a crack. It is something I had read about the cases from last year's model but hoped that they would have fixed this by now. I gambled and lost. I will say that it lasted about 3 months before any cracks but there is no reason that any should have developed at all. I am not rough with my iPad in any way and I have never removed the case so there is no reason for stress at the corners except a design fault.

I'm going to find out whether Amazon or Belkin will replace it since it's been 6 months (7 actually, counting the few weeks long wait) since I purchased the product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good. Then it dies., May 25, 2012
Rick Carlton (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Add me to the growling list of purchasers of the Snap Shield Secure who have cracked and broken corners.

I'm pretty disappointed that it took six weeks after ordering for the Snap Shield to arrive, and less than that to have a crack at a corner make the unit basically unusable as a protective back case. I got the Navy Blue one. It looks great. For me, the metal plate on the back does (did) its job in folding the smart cover in place. Unlike others, my unit arrived OK and without scratches. I can see where a plastic decal "shield for the shield" might help in a retail environment though.

In my case, the corner that is broken is at the upper right by the volume buttons. No drops, no nothing. I am using a smart cover on the front and was looking at this product to be a good companion for the back.

Belkin, I'm disappointed in you.

Your products are generally of higher if not the highest quality in their categories and there was a choice made by someone at your firm to go with a plastic that is inadequate for the job. And, at $35 - there is plenty of margin in this product to do something to create a product strong enough to withstand even modest use.

My cost for the Snap Shield Secure at this point? Over a dollar a day.

I won't give it one star because I don't hate it. But I really, really don't like having to wait for such poorly-implemented products that die after a month of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ill fitting...didn't work for me, January 15, 2014
The navy blue color looks great with the iPad's silver backing displayed through the various openings. (Even better if the navy-on-navy covers looked sharp and stood out from other iPad covers. Navy cover item: (Navy) - MD303LL/A) However, it failed miserably on the most important feature "securing" itself to the iPad. After all, my selection was based on the shield protecting the iPad from scratches and possibly, minor drops. Unfortunately, to do that, the cover must adhere snuggly to the iPad; it did not.

Twice both covers popped off completely and the upper edges would slip off with minor handling of the device; twice was enough. However, to ensure it wasn't user error, I took the device and covers to an Apple store. Unfortunately, they confirmed that the back cover would never stay snuggly because the mold was slightly off and the magnetics weren't securing the front cover (item # (Navy) - MD303LL/A).

In lieu, of returning the item(s), I purchased the one-piece rubber case before leaving the Apple store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Magic, January 3, 2014
Joshua Clary (Williamsburg, VA) - See all my reviews
I love that the magnet keeps my smart cover snapped on the back, and also that it matches the blue leather cover by Apple. I am however on my second one because the cover has chipped part of it off. Belkin replaced it under warranty, but it wasn't easy to do and its an obvious design flaw.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, October 21, 2013
LJR NOVA (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I should have heeded the other negative reviews and stayed away from this product. This is the SECOND snap shield I've had in less than a month. The first cracked after 1 day. This second shield is already cracked at two corners, rendering it useless. It falls right off.

I treat my iPad very carefully. Not only do I use a snap shied and Smart Cover, I also put it in a padded sleeve. I've NEVER dropped it. This shield cracked under NORMAL use. Totally unacceptable.

While I like the see-through quality of the shield and the strong magnetic closer, it totally fails at providing dependable protection for the iPad. Will never buy another Belkin iPad product.

4.0 out of 5 stars good and light, June 15, 2013
I love the speck products, excellent and beautiful in the iPad, light and comfortable... but the plastic is broken for nothing...... :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for Ipad., May 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, March 6, 2013
Brad Hancock (Northern Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
If you have a smart cover, this is the most economical back that I have found that includes a metal strip to hold the cover open. There is an Incase version with two metal strips that offers options to use the smart cover as a stand, but I had trouble with the strips on that item coming unglued and it cost considerably more. This back snaps in place and provides a good measure of protection for my iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, February 11, 2013
Love this case. Fits my ipad like a glove and holds the smart cover in place really well. All the buttons and speaker are still easily accessible. Soft-touch finish is a nice little touch

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it for iPad 4 back case, February 3, 2013
This is awesome and I loved it and I will always recommends other what I bought and happy about. Dont hesitate to buy this.

Rate and Discover Movies