5.0 out of 5 stars not bad for price
I see a lot of negative reviews on this item, I just purchased one on a black fri sale for 49.99 I thought what the heck give it a go , if it falls to pieces not a big loss if it works GREAT!!!
I must say the projector is very cool for what it is worth

Published on November 25, 2011 by tmm

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap-o choice. Below SD quality video.
Look, all you need to do is check out the specs (elsewhere, sadly). This thing projects at 620x240. That's about half of Standard Definition. To give you an idea how low that is, you could probably find a Vivitar camera for about twenty bucks that takes pictures at a resolution much higher than this can display.

Seriously... Why on Earth would you want to...
Published 22 months ago by Raven A. Wind

5.0 out of 5 stars not bad for price, November 25, 2011
I must say the projector is very cool for what it is worth

Yes, there is some major resolution issues with it but then again you get what you paid for. NOT TOP OF THE LINE! Yes there does look to be like you are watching a movie through a screen door but it isn't that disturbing to the eye ,The sound was good , and most certainly will be having some fun with it this summer with outdoor movie nights.

I watched Jurassic Park on it for a first go around there was some fuzzy issues with focus but all in all I really sorta felt like I was at a movie theater inside my own house " Very cool " But the extra blurred pic was more than likely due to me pulling the unit 20 feet back from the wall to see JUST HOW MASSIVE i could get it to go. Oh it did do at least a 10-15 ft wide picture. I felt sorta spoiled with a private viewing " FUN "

I am a technology idiot! the fact I was even able to get the thing to work with out outside intervention is another reason to give it thumbs up.

It is a good deal for stupid cheap , I am really hoping my spouse will take to it ... and maybe do an upgrade to a nicer one in the future and I will take this one an put it in my barn for movie nights out there this summer either way it will be fun. and really happy i got it. But i do see upgrade in my future this item is sorta a teaser.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got what I paid for., March 2, 2012
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
Spent just a little over $70 on this. Spent most of my time worrying if it'd look fine playing, if it'd be too dark, or not enough sound. Item was receiven in great condition. Was easy to hook up to my PS3 to stream movies right onto my wall. Picture wasn't amazing, but it looked pretty well and the sound was loud enough too. I'll probably save up to buy a newer brand that can be brighter, but as for now this is totally fine and worth the buy. Even if the bulb burns out, I was given a manual on how to replace it, so I'm good :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a great buy!, May 14, 2012
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
I bought this item on a whim a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier! Let me explain why it works so well for us and maybe not so much for others.

I live on an acreage and have a large metal shed that is open on three sides with sliding doors opening on each end. I stapled a large sheet of white opaque drapery liner fabric sewn into a panel 11 feet by 9 feet onto a frame of 1X2s pieces of lumber, 10-12 feet long on the closed side of the building and set up the projector 15-20 feet from the screen - this makes the image fill the screen.

The image quality is very similar to a tv screen from the 80s or the old drive in theater. The sound is plenty loud enough because the acoustics in a metal shed make for excellent amplification. What we basically created was an old drive in theater. This is a wonderful projector if you're outside or in a large outdoor building.

Total cost for the homestyle drive in theater -
$82 for the projector
$35 for the drapery fabric (on sale at $3.50/yard)
$20 for the lumber (although the fabric could be directly stapled to the wall I imagine)

The box itself has a handle, so I store the projector along with a dvd player I had in a spare room that we never use. On a moments notice people can come over and have an outside movie night. Set up takes less than 5 minutes if you have a ready power supply.

Completely worth the cost considering all the fun memories my family will have watching movies on warm nights.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap-o choice. Below SD quality video., October 19, 2012
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)

Seriously... Why on Earth would you want to project your 720p video games or movies at 240p? Yes, the image is BIG, but it's also awful. You're better off getting an old projection television or tube TV at a pawnshop.

Of course, for the price it's probably acceptable to some people, but I'd say that if you're spending this much (one hundred bucks at the time of this writing) then you might as well save your pennies and get something that AT LEAST handles standard definition.

It's really misleading that they don't list the resolution of this projector in the product description, and for that reason I'm only giving it two stars. It would have gotten three if they'd been at least a little honest in their sales pitch, but leading people to thinking they're getting something that handles Standard Definition when they're getting half of that is just a bit unscrupulous. So two stars it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the cost., March 18, 2013
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
I purchased my returned unit from the Christmas Tree Shoppe for $24.99. The focus ring was cracked and the bulb was blown. MerchSource, the distributor of this unit has no idea where to get the correct bulb for the unit (60 watt, 12v, MR-16)and they would not warranty the bulb even with a day old receipt. MerchSource offers terrible customer service. Also, good luck trying to find a 12v, 60 watt, MR16 bulb for this unit. I could not find one anywhere near where I live and the internet is sketchy when trying to find out details about luminosity output and beam angle. My first attempt was to install a 50 watt flood with an 850 lumen output that distorted all lettering on the screen and made color/contrast adjustment almost impossible as some reviewers have noted. By mistake, I partially covered the lens aperture and discovered that the image got sharper. I returned the flood and found that what worked well is a Phillips 50 watt MR16 spotlight available from Home Depot with a 10 degree beam angle. The color is slightly warm and the lumen output is only 790, however, the resolution adjustment was good enough to read the online tv guide channel with no problems. If this bulb fails, I believe I will be replacing it with one of a couple of 18 watt LED MR16 bulbs with even narrower beam angles(5-9 degrees)that I found on the internet at dhgate.com which have higher lumen outputs and run cooler. I believe some are available which have light color more close to that found in nature as well (3500-5700K).

Despite all the nay-sayers who have reviewed this product and the complete lack of costumer service of its distributor, this unit is performing well. Whatever team of engineers designed it did a good job and I'm sure that the bean-counters who sent it to market with substandard bulbs have caused a lot of people to be dissatisfied with the unit. Also, if you expect HD or even S-video quality from a device that specifies it has only 960x240 resolution, then you are a fool. With the right bulb, this is a good projector for the cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad...Only worked one time., October 12, 2012
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
We bought this to use with our grandkids..We used it one time,and had a lot of fun. It wouldn't work at all after that. pretty pricey for a one time use.....We are very sad about this..

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend this item., August 8, 2013
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
To get an early start on items that I needed, I bought this item to use during our family reunion this past weekend, what a mistake. Opened it, set it up and it did not work. Now it is to late to return or exchange. I would not recommend this item at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about 1 hour, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
First, it feels cheap but I thought what the heck. It is cheap so I could live with that but, the first thing I noticed is it is not bright at all. Even in a dark room its not bright enough to produce a clear image. Thats not the worst part though. It made it through half of a movie and the light just went out to never return again. Had to return it. I guess I will spend more money and get something worth the $.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it not love it, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
Great for the money, but if you want awesome spend more money. This is great for kids movies and backyard fun. Not to set up as your movie viewer in your family room. Play xbox and stuff..

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
I like this. Despite all the negative reviews I've seen, I own two of them.....because for the money, it does what I wanted it to do. True, it reminds me of 1970's drive in theater resolution, but thats OK by me.

Shift3 Light Blast Entertainment Projector