5.0 out of 5 stars Tight and Smooth.
Published on November 10, 2011 by Raffpap

1.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of better choices in this price range
Like it says in the title. Plenty of better choices in this price range. This reels handle is very flexie,loosy goosy anti reverse,1 bearing and a die cast spool. If you want a qaulity reel from Shimano, you need to spend atleast $80

Better choice's in the 20-30 price range try an Okuma Saphina Pro or Avenger. Also try a Daiwa Crossfire or Sweepfire all come...
Published 22 months ago by BKM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight and Smooth., November 10, 2011
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Misc.)
Quite possibly the best "bang for your buck" and surprising spinning reel ever made! I bought two of these reels last year for ice fishing. Mounted on 30" Frabill ice rods, they've yet to fail me. Last year they saw only perch, crappie and trout, but this year they're effortlessly handling fat, hard-charging 15-18" arctic char. It is a well made reel with tight tolerances. The drag is incredibly smooth and gives line flawlessly when needed. I can't believe these reels are less than 20 bucks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little reel, October 24, 2011
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Misc.)
Got one of these ultra-lites back in August.
Picked it up at Big5 for about $20.00
Took it up to the June Lakes in California.
Put it on a 4 1/2 foot Fenwick rod and
caught a trout limit two days in a row.
The drag is smooth as silk, it casts great,and its
twenty bucks.
Whats not to like?

4.0 out of 5 stars This is definitely not a high quality reel but it seems to be good and consistent, July 18, 2014
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Sports)
Have taken this reel on several saltwater fishing trips the past few months and have not had any problems with it and it has been casted out a reeled in a lot. This is definitely not a high quality reel but it seems to be good and consistent. I have had high dollar reels not take the saltwater conditions very well and are expensive to replace. i got this one as a back up but have been using it every trip. For the cost you can't beat it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, June 14, 2014
Amazon Customer (Painted Post, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Sports)
This is not a $100 reel. BUT it's great for under $20. I use it with my 4'6" ultralight on the creeks near my home, stringing it up with 4# or 2# mono. It's smooth and doesn't give me the "birds nest" that I've gotten with other inexpensive reels. The drag has always worked perfectly for me.

I have both the 1000 and the 2500 and they both have taken a massive beating ... and they both still work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Sports)
I'm sold on Shimano after this reel. I ended up buying two Shimano FX1000FB after this one for panfish fishing. This is a very smooth reel and not expensive at all. It also seems to be durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at the quality, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Misc.)
I've been spending big bucks on reels during the past decade, and watching them fail, one after another. I finally got tired of it and picked one of these up at Shopko for $13-something. I was amazed, really surprised by how good it was. Unlike what some others have said here, my experience in fishing with it every day for a whole summer was that it held up great, had silky smooth drag, reels line cleanly and can handle a weight load while reeling. It holds plenty of line, has a generous gear ratio/retrieval rate, and far fewer birds nests than the $150 U.S. brand reel I had previously. I tried it out again this summer and picked right up where I left off. It still performed fine, if just a tiny big squeeky. But for the money, if I can get two full years of frequent fishing out of one of these, I am many, many dollars ahead. And the performance is such that I don't really feel I'm missing out on anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reel for a Great price., August 21, 2014
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Misc.)
Reels do not get any better than this. For only $20.00 you cant go wrong. I pair this reel with a shimano FXS 2 piece medium-heavy rod for Flounder, croaker, spot, stripers and bluefish. I combine the FX400FB with a 6 foot heavy shakespeare rod and catch flounder, croaker, stripers, bluefish, sharks and mahi-mahi. Could probably get a white marlin but we will just wait and see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reel, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Sports)
This works very well for a one bearing reel. Drag works great! I have three of these fx reels in different sizes for my poles. Craig

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Sports)
Very nice spinning reel for. Freshwater fishing(panfish)!I would recommend to avid fishermen across the country,and will consider buying another one in the near future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Shimano FX Spinning Reel (Sports)
I bought this for my 7yr old and I'll buy this again for my 6yr old. Good quality, and if set up right, tangle free too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›