Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$12.25 - $106.10

on October 26, 2012
I am an avid fisherman and fish with many different kinds of reels. This is one I keep for light saltwater fishing. I am truly amazed at how great this reel is given its price. I have fished with much more expensive reels that do not perform as well as this one. Worth every penny to have a couple of these around.
on July 10, 2013
The Shimano R2000 spinning reel is an ok reel . It would be good for throwing in the back of a pick up truck and not worrying about damaging it because it's so cheap . The loose anti-reverse keeps it from being a good beginners reel , you just can't keep the line tight because of it . It only has one anti-reverse lock position so it can reverse up to 99% of a rotation before it hits the lock . The spool is threaded and spins on instead of having a release button . Absolutely no frills here .
on May 14, 2015
The reel it self came in perfect condition. The shipping was fast came in less than two weeks. I've seen this reel in action and they are wonderful because you don't have to reach in front of the reel to loosen or tighten the drag.
review image review image review image
on November 7, 2011
If you enjoy throwing some line around in a creek or pond this is the reel you need. It is great quality, cheap price, and dependable.

Happy with my purchase.
on October 7, 2013
For the money, you cannot beat the quality and ease of use. I now have 5 of these reels for medium fresh water use. No problem handling 20 lb. + strippers. Why pay hundreds when you do not need to.
on January 30, 2016
You can't beat this reel for the price. But the biggest bonus I've found so far is that because it's mainly plastic, it won't rust like steel reels if you saltwater fish!!! I've had no difficulties with drag or parts - half a year of heavy use later, this thing is still just as smooth as the first day I took it out. As another user mentioned, there's no Anti-Reverse, but I mean c'mon... the thing is under $20!! Do yourself a favor and get this reel -- you won't be disappointed.
on July 20, 2014
I like the real a lot and use it with my Shakespeare Ugly Stick. I got an additional one for my fiancé on her fishing rod and it is very easy for her to use. It operates very smooth and casting is easy with the bell lever operating with one finger. The drag adjustment on the bottom of the reel is very easy to tune to the fishing conditions you go to. I use 12lb test line on it and it casts out great and I do not have any problems at all. Great reel for the money.

The seller I purchased it from did have quite a delay in the turn around from once I ordered it to actually shipping it to me. I contacted them and my question as to why were not answered by the representative. The reel deserves 5 stars but the shipper that I bought it from on Amazon does not.
on December 7, 2012
You must buy this, don't hold back no matter what other reviews say. This is top quality and is a must have if you are considering it
on August 31, 2012
It's a good all around reel, Strong light and small. The only issue is that it doesn't have anti-Reverse. so when you use it to bounce a jig that half spin backwards can mean setting the hook or missing the fish.
on June 21, 2015
I purchased the reel at Academy as a starter kit to start fishing at Surfside Beach, Texas. I like the material used, you can tell they had a good saltwater reel in mind when building this for a good price. I hauled in a nice 15+ lb Flounder with this bad boy on my first day. I run a 12lb, test line in it, I made sure to give it adequate slack, I wanted to go in for the fight when I felt the fish pull, although I could have easily reeled in the fish with little to no slack and I feel confident the line and reel would have been just fine. A great buy to have as a starter set for fishing people. I look to enjoy the this reel as long as I can before movin on to bigger and better toys :).