5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by look alikes, this one is the right one to get, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Shimano SL-RS35-Right/Left Revoshift 18 Speed Shifter Set (Black) (Sports)
FIRST...These are NOT friction..The right one has 6 clicks and with each click it changes a gear..The left side is not friction it has clicks BUT they do not aling with the front gears. THEY DO WORK though. You must look at the front chain ring and click until it goes where you want it..They do come with NEW cables..I was fooled and got another set that I do not like much. I gave them 3 stars.. This one states it's an 18 speed.. and it is. The other Revoshift states it's a 6 speed and it's not satisfactory..THIS one is a better set. You can read about both of them on my reviews..What happened is I made a mistake and bought a slightly cheaper set that also said Revoshift but they are DIFFERENT..The left side is a click shift and did not have enough movement to swing my front derailleur all way out to the larger chainring.. I finally managed to get it to work but bought a SET LIKE THESE for my bike. I will gift the cheaper ones to some kid who will destroy them in a year anyway..Facts on this set of shifters. Right hand side is 6 clicks and matches my new Shimano 6 speed cassette well..There is a trick to setting these things but once set it works nicely. I recommend you buy a new chain and new rear cassette if your bike is skipping or making chain noise..I recommend a 34- 14 cassette with Super low gear if you live in hill country..Most of the time I don't need "Granny Gear" around here now since my bikes are set up to work all gears smoothly on the middle sprocket up front and I use the super low gear with my middle chain ring often....IF all you do is install these and if your bike is NOT making noises before hand and is already shifting well, these will work smoothly.. BUT IF your bike is shifting ragged it may not be totally the shifters fault. You will be ahead to get a new Shimano cassette and a new KMC Z-50 chain to install along with these shifters.. Please BUY a good chain break tool in the process so you can remove a link or two as needed for a good chain fit... Yes that KMC is a cheap chain but it's a pretty good chain. I got mine for five bucks low price (under 4 bucks) shipping... It's a narrow 6 or 7 speed chain but not for the more narrow uses like a 9 speed cassette. It's size is ( 1/2 x 3/32 ) and has 116 links..If you remove some links it may have chain skip on the 14 tooth gear in the back..Try installing the full 116 links first before removing any links. That chain was cheap. I saved money by buying 3 at a time. Shipping was under 4 dollars for all 3 of em shipped at one time packaged together the price was under 20 dollars. I keep a few in stock at that price. They are perfect for moderate riding and may last a LONG time. The KMC is a commuter type of chain but it pulls good and shifts smoothly..If you ride over 1,500 - 2000 miles a year you may want to move up to Shimano chains. Some of them are under 20 bucks and work well..With the right chain and cassette these shifters work great. I don't like cassettes with over 6 speeds. For commuting and touring I find an 18 speed is perfect for me. I installed the 34 tooth LOW gear cassette on my bikes..UNLESS you have a lot of high hills you will never need to shift in granny gear while using the 34 tooth cassette on the 36-38 tooth middle chain ring..I am not into racing so expensive parts are not needed.. I think there are MORE of us easyriders on the roads daily than the racing types ..Good luck and contact me if you want to know more. chiefredelk at gmail dot com..

5.0 out of 5 stars They Work!, March 5, 2013
I installed these on a 1996 Diamondback Hybrid fixie bike. They were easy to install and I took to the bike shop for adjustment. They work as designed, but I also found out from the bike shop that they would work better with a new derailleur. Ordered the new derailleur from Amazon and am studying on how to install and adjust it. The shifters were reasonably priced, however, the description did not indicate that they also came with shifter cables and they did, therefore I had to return the cables that I ordered along with the shifters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy repair, April 26, 2014
Cheap shifter on kids bike broke. This one was an easy replacement with hardly any adjustment needed to make it work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, August 11, 2013
Bought these to replace the broken ones on my wife's bike. Her bike is an inexpensive mountain style bike and the shifters were a cheap design and the cable entry points were broken. Not wanting to dump a bunch of money into this bottom line bike I ordered these and they work great.

Most time consuming part of the change out was getting the rubber grips off the handlebars.

Installed in less than 1/2 hour! Took a little time to teach myself how to adjust the derailleurs but works great and indexes to the rear gears exactly.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, June 15, 2013
easy to set up,affordable...worked great.even came with cables which was a bonus.made an old bike new again.shipping was fast.thanks again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shimano SL-RS35-Right/Left Revoshift 18 Speed Shifter Set, May 13, 2013
Very easy to install. Good price. Local shop wanted twice the price for just one! Shifts smoothly into all 18 speeds.

Shimano SL-RS35-Right/Left Revoshift 18 Speed Shifter Set (Black)
$23.99 $17.19
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies