Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shimano Sellus 1-Piece Dropshot Spin Rod (6-Feet 8-Inch Medium)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

92%

on January 30, 2012
Rod is well thought out in design and the workmanship is good. Lot of rod for the money. It's pretty lightweight, although slightly heavier than the Crucial, Compre, or Clarus rods by Shimano. That's natural since this rod is made of a lower modulus graphite than the more expensive models. That also makes it flex a little easier than higher modulus does, which in my opinion is not a bad thing in a dropshot rod. I'd say they got the action about right for it's use. Rod has plenty of backbone when it loads up. The guides are highly polished and look well made even though they are not top of the line Fugi's. I especially like the reel seat design. I like mine as well as I like the more expensive versions. It compares rather well beside a $150.00 rod. The main difference is this Sellus has a one year warranty while the other mentioned Shimanos have lifetime warranties. That's part of what you'll be paying for when you buy one of them. Nice finish on the Sellus also. Shimano did a good job with this rod and priced it right.
on January 27, 2016
This is an amazing rod! It's by far my favorite rod which i paired it a penn battle ll 2500. So far I've been fishing for perch and been slamming them! You can feel the slightest bites and so light weight. It also feels solid and im sure the back bone could handle big fish as well. I also own a fenwick eagle, skeet reese, tica, and many others. By far, this is my go to rod combo for every type of species of fish. Definitely recommend this rod. 5 stars all the way.
on February 14, 2014
first drop shot rod I bought- the tip-upper 1/3 is very sensitive. needs 10lb test or lighter, fun rod for light line fishing, makes a 3 lb snapper a dog fight, can't beat the price delivered, would buy again
on August 26, 2015
Great rod, have used it all last season then this season, great rod for the price. Seems very cheap and gonna snap but they hold up, for how long i don't know yet but you can't go wrong for pocket change.
on July 8, 2014
I purchased this rod at a retail store however I wanted to share my enthusiasm on the quality of this rod with you all. For starters, the price is definitely worth it. It looks like a light bait rod but they were not kidding when it was built for medium action. I recently took it out for surf fishing and unfortunately bat rays were camping our lines. The same one we had hooked earlier was well over 35 lbs, with a wingspan of maybe 4 feet and longer. My sellus was the unlucky victim of its drag, however I was shocked to see the rod bend to an incredible angle without snapping. That was the ultimate test of its durability and I can assure you the quality put into this rod is quite spectacular. I love this rod because even small 1-10 lb fish will make the fight feel fantastic due to the dimensions of the rod. 5/5 highly recommend this to any avid Fisher.
on July 21, 2013
I like it a lot. I have owned drop shot rods that cost 6 times more than this one and they are great rods too but this one gets the job done. There is no line wrap on the tip like a lot of rods caused when using light lines and small weight. You can feel everything.Ttry one and you too will like it.
on April 6, 2013
It is the best drop shot rod for the money - already used it and it packs a bunch of punch for the money and quality - get this..
on July 18, 2016
I broke my Shimano Compre rod on a big fish, Decided to try this rod, my has one. Works great! sensitive , fast handles nicely
on November 17, 2015
Hard to find drop shot version of the Shimano Sellus rod. It has a split grip foam grips, not cork as shown in pictures.
on March 27, 2015
Great rod for the money!! I have 3 of these now and will probably have more. Very light weight, strong and sensitive.