5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality for the Price
I've been using this reel for the past 3 years for the local sand bass run, on the lake, wading in the creeks and it has proved to definitely be Shimano quality! A great value of a reel!
Published 19 months ago by RAFAEL DE LA CRUZ

3.0 out of 5 stars difficult to maintain!
Published 13 months ago by Al8995

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars difficult to maintain!, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
I liked the idea of having the drag in the rear. It seems more convenient. The reel is smooth and the bail closes well. I went to take it apart to oil it and then the nightmare began. In order to take the side plate off you have to remove the bail but instead of having just washers and a bolt, this thing has a pin. I couldnt pull the pin out and i didn't want to pound on it hard cause the reel feels delicate. I figured I would call shimano so I dont break the thing. They tell me that I have to get the pin out. I asked them how they do it and they said they have a tool. I asked if I can order a tool and they said that it is something they picked up from a hardware store! What is up with that! After that mind blower I decided to pound the pin out with a hammer and luckily it didn't break. I yanked the bail off which is tough and I've never had that problem with any other reel. I thought I was done and then I realized I somehow needed to get the drag knob off in order to remove the side plate! There are not directions or guidance for this and I ended up getting it off by applying tons of force counterclockwise and it came off. I oiled and cleaned it and reasembled and the anti reverse quit working!

I would use this reel for freshwater but I would recommend using the forward drag version if you want to go cheap for saltwater cause maintaining this thing is a nightmare. I have a wide range of cheap reels and this one is a pain! I like the concept of a rear drag but the design is horrible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality for the Price, April 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty awesome for a trout lure reel!, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
I use the 4000 reel for salt luring and 2500 fresh luring, 1000 and 500 for trout bait rods

for all of my other shimano reels, this sienna tends to catch more fish for me! like what everyone said fishing is all about superstitions. but for a 3 plus 1 bearing reel its very smooth.

Pro:
+Price! for 30 bucks a excellent reel
+Smooth enough to lure fish.
+Easy to adjust drag
+works well with PowerPro braid line.
+cleaning spool and reel is easy!

Cons:
-drag isn't as fine tune as the Sedona. but there is a 30 dollars differences in price.

Other than that this reel has been really good for the price!
excellent for lure or bait.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gret Reel, April 25, 2011
Meng Lucky Xiong (SAINT PAUL, MINNESOTA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Misc.)
Its a good reel for its price and can handle big fish. I caught a 20 pound carp on it and the reel handle perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A $30 luxury, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
I'm sure this is partly because I don't own expensive fishing equipment, but I just cannot believe the smoothness of this reel. Ok even for $30 4 ball bearings isn't exactly unheard of, but you need to put one of these in your hand to appreciate how nice they are. The Sienna is so finely made that the weight of the handle will turn the reel by itself if you turn the reel upside down. Would a Stradic or a Sedona feel nicer still in the hands of someone who really knows quality reels? I'm sure they would. But this is still an incredible product at an incredible price. As with the Daiwa Sweepfire I reviewed on the same day, I bought the rear drag version of this reel, but unlike the Sweepfire, I don't recommend the rear drag version of this for everyone. The rear drag is just fine, but this reel is nice enough that you might simply be on a tight budget rather than just a rookie, so I'd highly recommend both versions of this reel. How does it hold up by the way? As of yet, don't have any personal experience to share with you. The reviews I've read indicate that it fails more often than a $300 Shimano, but not really any more often than a $100 Shimano like the Symetre. There are plenty of higher line reels from pretty nearly every brand. But this is about where real quality starts imo. Its amazing what you can get from Shimano for $30.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
great reel for the price, shimano makes a great product. i would buy another it is well made piece of equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
I liked this reel so much that I went out and bought two more, gave away three older combos, one which was not more than 2 months old.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice reel, but drag is hard to adjust, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
Reel has smooth cast and retreive, but the drag does not have enough resolution to it. Even a small adjustment increases the drag too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reel for the money, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Sports)
This the third reel like this that I have gotten and I just love them. They work without a hitch and havn't had any problems.

BILL K

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reel, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Shimano Sienna Spin Reel (Misc.)
I use Sienna 1000 RD for almost 1 year, it is super smooth and for my surprise I caught more than 3 Kg fish with no problem, it was the first rear drug reel I used and enjoyed very much. Thanks to Shimano Team.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›