5.0 out of 5 stars Shimano Stradic Spin Reel (4.8:1 12-Pounds/195Yard)
I know these to be fine reel because I now have one.
The first one sent to me was damaged during shippiment or perhaps before.
The one I now have is smoothe as silk and quite a step up from what I had been using in the past.
Very Nice.
Published 21 months ago by B. Simpson

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2 of them and one was junk...
I bought 2 Stradic reels 2 months ago and was able to first use them on the MN walleye opener May 10, 2014. One of the reels will not release drag smoothly. It does not unwind correctly or make any drag sound like it should. The other reel works perfect and is everything I expected. It is one of the best reels around. However, there is no return/exchange with Amazon...
Published 4 months ago by Chad Linow

5.0 out of 5 stars Shimano Stradic Spin Reel (4.8:1 12-Pounds/195Yard), January 13, 2013
This review is from: Shimano Stradic Spin Reel 5+1 Ball Bearings (Sports)
I know these to be fine reel because I now have one.
The first one sent to me was damaged during shippiment or perhaps before.
Very Nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reel!, September 7, 2012
I paired my stradic 3000fj with a st. Croix legend extreme bass rod. Let me tell you this bad boy throws a mile and allowed me to catch 80 bass in one day! I urge everyone to try out this rod and reel combo. It's deadly!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Saltwater Spinning Reels on the Market, December 22, 2013
I have used Stradic reels off Destin and Panama City for close to a decade and they are still going strong. Their smooth drag and low maintenance will give you all the confidence in the world when the big one hits. They might be an overkill in the backcountry for Speckled Trout, but for Redfish, Spanish Mackerel, and Jacks, in the mouths of the bays. they are perfect. We've even used them to throw to Cobia, Mahi, and Sailfish offshore. I could go on and on.....just buy the reel. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Shimano Stradic Spin Reel 5+1 Ball Bearings (Sports)
I love this reel, it's just the right size for a nomad inshore rod and good for catching 1/2 lb trout or 18 pound jacks. I have its spooled with 30 lb spectra, and it casts very well. I also like that it has an egg-shaped handle (pic is wrong).
My only gripe is that I get more wind-knots with this reel than with others for some reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reel, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Shimano Stradic Spin Reel 5+1 Ball Bearings (Sports)
This is one of the best inshore fishing reels that I have ever used. From Redfish to Mule Trout this reel has no trouble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Operator, August 25, 2012
Aaron (United States) - See all my reviews
Selling Features:

- re-introduces the pearl white color !
- Waterproof drag -rated at 15+ lbs pressure drag in full lockdown
- one piece bail wire (reduces tangling, helps casting)
- x-ship design (reduces spool wobble, smooth and powerful)
- Aluminum Spool (prevents corrosion)

I only gave it 4 stars for not including a spare spool at that price (which by the way costs and extra $40 +s/h from Shimano). I think at that price it should come with a spare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a beautiful product!, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Shimano Stradic Spin Reel 5+1 Ball Bearings (Sports)
I received it in 3 days. Its a beautiful product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this reel!, July 7, 2014
Did a lot of research before deciding on the 3000FJ. No regrets! Loved it from the moment I took it out of the box. Spins like smooth silk and the pearl white finish is a thing of beauty. Stradic FJ is aluminum bodied (with exception of 1000FJ) and that means strong and durable. I shy away from graphite or carbon bodied reels.

If you're wondering what the difference is between the 2500 and 3000...the bodies are exactly the same but the 3000 has a slightly larger spool. This means you can spool a little more line and casting distance is slightly improved with the larger spool. The handles are different too. I prefer the 3000FJ handle because its angle provides better turn leverage.

So far it's casting Trilene XL mono like a dream. Only con is no spare spool included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
I own several of these reels and am pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid choice IF you fish often, June 11, 2014
My friend let me borrow his 3000 on a St Croix 7.0 Mojo loaded with 15# Fins Windtamer braid last time I was in Tampa Bay and fished Bull Reds every day for 5 days. Unbelievable casts with a rock solid drag and silk retrieves. I could feel everything the lure and later bait was doing although that was primarily the St. Croix. IF you get to fish like 4+ times a month it IS worth the money, but I only get to saltwater maybe 3x per year so I researched and bought the comparable spec Penn Battle which works GREAT for as much as I get to use it. Only salt water as I'm not smart enough to figure out the nuances with fresh water fishing.