4.0 out of 5 stars Hot, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Shimmerlight (Once Upon a Time-Travel Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This story is a companion novel to Mirrorlight. They are both perfect to read as stand alone though. The thing that connects them is a mysterious woman named Muffin and time-travelling.

In this one Chloe works for mysterious Muffin building a website at night. And then she finds a statue and fondles it, lol, yes she admires it and wonders what is under that leaf. And then he comes to life. You can figure out what the do next. Because this is one hot and short novella. They have fun with each other all while she tries to figure out how this can continue. He is a statue from another era. No happy ending in store for them. At least this is what she thinks because in the end this is romance and we all know they will live happily ever after. How is the question.

Short and really hot is what this lovestory has in store for you. A perfect read for a lazy summerday.

4.0 out of 5 stars good story, not fantastic, but worth the .99 cents, June 5, 2011
good story to pass the time with. i thought it was too much details on trivial things at times, and not enough interaction between the two main characters. i think i would have liked to read the male character's point of view but that might just be my preference, lol. i would have liked to have seen more of the author's trademark humor, but overall a solid story with a cute, albeit predictable ending. =o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy statue..., March 10, 2013
Once again,loved your story. Loved the sexy scenarios. They made my heart race. I can't wait to read the next one. Don't know if I'll be able to look at marble statues the same way again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot and sweet, November 18, 2012
Jessantonia (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
How cute were Chloe and Titus!? I don't know but after reading "mirror light" and giving that 3 stars, I had low expectations for this and maybe that's why I enjoyed this one so much. The story flowed better here and the characters were able to communicate and spend time together. Though more outings should have been planned. And knowing his thought as appose to only Chloes would have been great too. overall, the story left me wanting to find a handsome statue hunk of a man I could bring to life! Lol. Looking forward to reading the next novellas of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!!!, October 20, 2011
I loved it. I can't get enough of Jill Myles and her Once Upon a Time-Travel series. It was my first time travel read and I'm defiantly not disappointed. There isn't a book out that could make me put off reading a new book in this series. And for just .99?! You can't go wrong there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Story, June 6, 2011
Shimmerlight is a great story by the incredibly talented Jill Myles. I loved it. I thought it was sweet and sexy. This lady can write a love scene, Wow!

Chloe works in a museum and is given the task of updating the museum's website with Roman Artifacts. She is drawn to a statue of a Roman Soldier and can't seem to keep her hands off him. The statue is actually a man who has been cursed and can only be set free through passionate touches. Once Chloe "wakes" him, they don't waste any time getting down to business. She must find a way to free him permanently before he is sold or lose him forever.

4.0 out of 5 stars great read, January 15, 2013
I gave it a four cause I thought it moved slowly but all in all it was a good read

Rate and Discover Movies