Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PicSay Pro
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 6, 2011
I was surprised how much this app came with, all on my phone! I have used picasa editing in the past, and this little app actually has more functionality than picasa! I would say it's probably similar to Photoshop Elements, (I have Photoshop CS5, so I don't know what comes with Elements). The effects are:
Paint
Insert Picture (like clipart)
Pop Colors (I love this)
Adjustments include: exposure, contrast, saturation, temperature, tint, brightness, adjust RGB, Sharpen, Smooth, Blur, Fix red-eye.
Distortions include: spherize, twirl, bulge and pinch, circle splash, stretch, vertical stretch, horizontal stretch, mirror.
Color Adjustments include: Hue, Colorize, Grayscale, Black and white, Duotone, rainbow.
Artistic: Posterize, Pencil sketch, Neon
Photo effects: Lomo, cross process, Faux HDR, Gritty, redscale, sepia, invert, fading colors, tilt shift, soft glow.
Filter and frames: vignette, top lens filter, edge lens filter, spotlight, instant film, matte, solid border, rounded corners, history paint, masked effects, pixelize, dizziness, heat map.

There are tons of other options in the word balloons, titles, and stickers. When you're done, export it to Facebook or send a text.
This is a cool app!
on April 1, 2011
You might be drawn in by the speech bubbles and stickers you can insert in your pictures, but PicSay Pro actually lets you do some serious image editing as well. I often pass a picture through this app before sharing, to adjust the contrast and color levels. The photo effects, such as Cross Process or Fading Colors, are also great to give pictures a nice look.
Throughout, PicSay Pro has a great interface that's very easy to use. I've let several 2-3 year olds play with my phone, letting them plaster stickers all over pictures, having a blast, and they had no problem figuring out the interface.
Love this app.
0Comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2011
This is a full-fledged Photoshop-like app for your Android phone. Granted, I haven't tried the competition, but this free app of the day is too good to pass up! The customization is almost endless. The app is easy to use, takes just a few minutes to get used to it. You'll be quickly addicted to it once you start using it. There's no going back on this app!
There is a growing variety of photo editing apps for the Kindle Fire available here in the Amazon Appstore. Some are good for basic tasks, and some just don't cut it, to put it frankly. There are freebies and paid apps, so sometimes it's difficult to pick a good one that will meet the needs of a photographer who is looking for a higher level editing tool.

Despite its title, PicSay Pro is a serious app, yet it offers a fun side as well. Granted that you can add glasses, beards, hair and such to a photos (and it's surprisingly easy to do), where this app really shines is in its ability to do some serious photo effects.

This is a tight, solid photo app that takes up just 1.3MB on your Android device, and downloads in under 30 seconds. Once installed, you can tweak it (photo file locations, for example) and then perform some pro-level effects on your images. You can import your images in three different resolutions, and add color effects to b&w photos. The menu makes it a breeze to navigate the list of filters, edits, and effects, such as brightness, contrast, exposure, levels, and color saturation. After selecting the adjustment you need, you can use the sliders to edit the photo with a surprising level of precision.

A good friend on Facebook who is a professional photographer had been using this app on her Samsung Galaxy S III, and said that it was almost like having a mini-Photoshop on the smartphone. She also noted that she had used at least a dozen other photo editing apps and deleted all but this one. After using it for just a few days, I can agree with her findings, and though my current use is with the Kindle Fire, the product specs note that it had added support for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9", where I'm headed in the near future.

This is a rare app that offers much to casual and pro photographers alike. It does a good job with transforming your photos, and depending on your Android device, when you're done with your tweaks and adjustments, you can export images via Bluetooth, email, or Picasa.

Whether you want to use PicSay Pro as an app for adding a bit of humor and fun to your images or use it as a serious photo editing tool, it's a truly top-notch image editor that works as claimed... and it's good to see that it offers support for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" as well. Highly recommended.

11/23/2012
on April 14, 2011
Phone:
Droid X

Pros:
- Awesome, polished interface, easy to use
- Ton of effects
- actually honest about the resolution of the pictures. A lot of other editors just use a smaller sizes, which will use less power and memory, and allow effects to be applied faster...Picsaypro you're allowed to pick the resolution when importing, maximum size being 1024 width(bigger than most editors on market)...Perfect size for quick editing for facebook, other social media sites, as well as for high quality text messages.
- Does the basics, well. like transforming, rotating, cropping, etc.
- Easy to use
- Best photo editing app to date
- easily import pictures from a lot of other places on my phone.

Cons:
- Would like to be able to use full resolution files, this is more a limitation of the android phone than the app though.
- A lot of effects, means a lot of silly effects too. Weird distortion and pix-elation, as well as cartoonish additions and word bubbles aren't really for me. Wish They were organized in a way that I could pick out some favorites to get to quicker, so I wouldnt have to scroll through all the others.
- High price tag
- Vignette has better collection of effects IMO

Should you buy?
With the price-tag, the average user is probably set with one of the free apps. I'm not a huge fan of the photoshop android app, but it does the trick if you don't care about the resolution of the files, and only want basic effects. And there's photo wonder and a couple others that will do the basics, and some pointless effects, for free. Especially if all you're doing is sending your pics in text messages. I'm a photographer and like my pics to stand out as much as possible. So to me, this was worth every penny. Quick to fix exposure and contrast, as well as color-correct, which are the things I need constantly. Then with a collection of other effects, including vignettes, and tilt-shift, i'm completely happy with this. Best i've used on the android.
on August 21, 2014
I actually almost passed on this app for a couple of reasons: I found it to be a bit pricey for a phone app, and I was also under the impression that it was tad juvenile for my taste due to the talking bubbles and various inserts. Upon delving a little deeper into the reviews and description of the app I became curious enough to purchase it--I'm glad that I did.
To put it in simple terms this app gives you photo shop abilities on your phone. It goes far beyond the juvenile cutsies and into the realm of photo shopping. I deducted a star due to the fact that from my understanding it is due for an update on Amazon's devices--upon said update, I will edit this review to a five star. I am still very pleased with the app and have no 'down-load regrets.' It's a great little app for photo shopping your pics before you post them, and we all know that we want to look our best and put our best foot forward online. I am confident enough with this apps photo-shop abilities to use it in business posts, and that in itself says a lot. Along with being comparable on some levels with photo-shop, it is also a great app for kids, so it's a win-win as far as I am concerned.
on April 24, 2011
I'm very impressed with this app. Most of the apps I have tried out on my Droid X have induced somewhat of a "meh" reaction, but not this one. PicSay Pro has a remarkable number of options for altering your photographs, and every feature I have tested works flawlessly.

The captions and speech bubble functions are fun to play with, and being able to gray out a picture and then restore color to a selected portion is a nifty idea. You can also twirl, bulge, pinch and otherwise distort images. A favorite of mine is "Pencil Sketch", which turns your image into a simulated pencil rendering. Of course, PicSay also allows you to do more standard photo enhancement operations such as contrast, color level, saturation, tint and brightness adjustments. There are dozens of photo enhancement options to experiment with.

The user interface is pretty intuitive; I did not have to do much fumbling at all before I was familiar with the structure of this app. The app makes it easy, for example, to insert a picture into another picture, complete with step-by-step instructions for importing the second picture, cropping and erasing unwanted parts of the second picture.

Overall, this is an excellent app, the best one I have found so far. Well worth the money!
on March 31, 2011
I found PicSay Pro was really cool - some great effects and tools to make even the dullest photo look great. Highly recommended!
on January 29, 2013
I HAVE 6 PHOTO APPS. THIS IS THE BEST APP OUT OF ALL OF THEM, I USE A COBY KYROS 10.2 ANDROID CLONE TABLET. THIS APP IS STABLE,NO CRASHES, HAS A ALOT OF OPTIONS FOR ENHANCING YOUR PHOTOS. HERE IS THE ONE THING THAT SETS IT APART FROM ALL THE OTHER APPS I HAVE. = WHEN YOU LOAD A COLOR PIX, CHOOSE "POP COLORS". THIS OPTION MAKES YOUR COLOR PIX A BLACK AND WHITE PIX. RUN YOUR FINGER OVER THE PART YOU WANT TO RETURN THE ORIGINAL COLOR TO. ALL ELSE STAYS BLACK AND WHITE. THIS BRINGS YOUR PHOTO TO LIFE AND MAKES THE COLORED PART REALLY STAND OUT. YOU DONT ADD COLORS TO IT, IT USES THE ORIGINAL COLORS IN THE ORIGINAL PHOTO. YOU CAN HIGHLIGHT ONLY THE BEST PARTS OF YOUR PIX AND THE REST STAYS BLACK AND WHITE. (TIP)= PINCH AND PULL THE PIX BEFORE YOU CHOOSE "POP COLORS" AS THIS MAKES IT EASIER TO "COLOR" IN THE PARTS YOU WANT. THIS IS A VERY WELL DESIGNED PROGRAM AND NOTHING SLOPPY ABOUT THE INTERFACE OR ACTIONS. ITS VERY STABLE AND SAVES YOUR MODIFIED PIX TO ANY FOLDER YOU CHOSE IN THE GALLERY,FOR EASY VIEWING LATER. WITH A LITTLE PRACTICE YOU CAN MODIFY YOUR PIX IN JUST A FEW MINUTES. THIS "IS" THE ONLY PHOTO APP I USE ANYMORE. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND INVEST IN THIS APP, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DOWNLOADING IT. I GIVE IT A 5 + STAR RATING. WELL DONE .
THIS MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A PRO.PERFECT
I like to post pictures on instagram (IG user chileheadcraig) and use this most often to tweak them before posting. Its nice that it has a square crop feature (tap at the top in crop mode) so I can crop it ahead of time and then post the full picture. The most used items are the saturation, contrast and HDR, but I often mix others in like Lomo, cross process and soft glow. The pop color feature works really well too! I tag my images with my user name to prevent copying and used one of the font packs to get a nice font to use. All in all, its a great app! It is on the high side price-wise.... I would have expected around $3 but if you will use all the "fun" features, you can get your moneys worth.