Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Amazon Daily forum

Shipping issues with UPS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2010 5:32:24 PM PST
I order frequently from amazon, but unfortunately for me they often use UPS as their carrier. I am constantly having problems with UPS. They are always delivering my package to the wrong house, they lie and say they tried to deliver and I wasn't there when I sat around waiting for them, horrible customer service etc. etc.

Ordering from amazon is just not worth the hassle of dealing with UPS anymore. Is there any way I can make it so amazon doesn't use UPS when shipping to me? Otherwise I will stop buying from them.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 3:50:41 PM PST
Ashley Ryan says:
I don't think it's possible to request a different carrier, however, if you order two day shipping, that is generally UPS, overnight is Fedex, and standard shipping is USPS.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 9:18:06 AM PST
I have been a very loyal Amazon customer for years, and I am about ready to stop ordering from them because of the inconveniences UPS is causing.

Posted on Jan 26, 2011 9:39:47 AM PST
Peter Murry says:
Samsung BD-C6500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player
Well we live mostly in the Crete,Greece now (ex UK) and we ordered A 40" tv + a DVD player From Amazon UK and they could deliver to Greece.
Well the DVD, sent via UPS took just 4 days via aircraft UK- Germany-Athens- Crete and then a courier, who we contacted and we met in a small village to take delivery. And very important !!!!! The Tracking no. given to us by Amazon we were able to see on the web exactly its movements !!!!
Where as DHL's tracking no. (again given to you by Amazon is not traceable on any web site) and now after about 10 emails + telecon from Amazon stated it was for internal use !!!! SO WHY GIVE IT TO US !!!!!!
MY experience is UPS are great and DHL are ------ it mostly to deal with the price of shipping most probably

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 5:03:59 PM PDT
Dee Tee says:
I use to think highly of UPS, but no longer. The UPS in Gardena is the worst! I often get packages that are opened, damaged, and riffled through! Complained but it didn't do any good as they continue to riffle though my packages and make it obvious. What are they looking for? Maybe they are just bored and need a little excitement in their lives--after all, they are surrounded with nothing but card board boxes all day long and the dust particles have them stuck on stupid.

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 3:24:36 PM PDT
Russell A. says:
I don't believe most of the problem is UPS! My last item took 10 days (3-5 day shipping) and I found out that it sat in the the sellers ware house for five of those days" getting ready to ship". I just ordered another camera lens that was $459 and suppose to be free shipping according to the ad but when I when to the shopping cart it was over $6, but I went ahead and order it because it was 3-5 day shipping. Fifteen minutes later I get a email from the seller that it had shipped and would not arrive until the 2nd of July (9days). I am afraid that is it for Amazon orders, I have family that works for them but I will probably return the lens and over from Abe's of Maine again, they have been always up front and I can call them and talk with someone.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 4:03:56 PM PDT
Jim Silver says:
Amazon has started to use USPS for Prime members. This totally defeats the purpose of paying $80 / year. The service is not reliable like Fedex or UPS.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 5:40:47 PM PST
truthsayer says:
Believe it or not, this is the 4th package I've order from Amazon that has not arrived because of an error on the part of UPS (maybe we should call it OOPS instead). The first mistake Amazon was kind enough to credit my account, the second mistake, Amazon said they would pass my concerns along to UPS, the third mistake they just apologized. At this point however, I realize that I'm the bigger fool for continuing to shop at a company that can't get their goods to they're customers.

AMAZON, we are you customers not UPS's!!! If our satisfaction means this little to you perhaps we should shop someplace else. Someplace with reliable shipping or perhaps even at a local store, then we don't have to wait and hope our merchandise arrives. These 4 orders have been in the span of 3 weeks, this makes me very uncomfortable with deliver estimate for Xmas presents.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 8:10:48 AM PST
I have to admit, even though all of the problems with UPS were incredibly annoying (I dealt with this last year, waiting for my son's "big" xmas present, which I paid extra to have shipped next day - ended up having to drive down to UPS *30 mins away* to have it in time for xmas), never hesitated to send me a new item next day shipping.

I have a new UPS guy now and he's great, he even gave me his cell # so if I miss a package and come home, if he's still in the area he'll come back. I had to call UPS and complain about the old UPS guy all the time. I guess a lot of it has to do with the driver you get. UPS is a horrible, horrible company, I just lucked out with this new delivery guy.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 3:34:09 PM PST
Chris M. says:
I am really annoyed by UPS, I have ordered here from amazon (this place is great) but their carriers aren't, the Delay happened to me 2x already the first one is they got it by the wrong house and said that they delivered it which is b********. and the package was suppose to arrive today and they have this:

"5:27 P.M. - The package was left in a UPS facility. / Forwarded to the facility in the destination city."

I mean C'mon what kind of worker forgets what he should deliver?! I mean think about it are you going to a war with a gun but without bullets?!.. geesh! I was waiting for that package, and it was supposed to be delivered last week!..

I hope amazon let us choose what carrier will be the one who will deliver for us,

P.S. I'm a Prime Member

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 3:34:22 PM PST
Chris M. says:
I am really annoyed by UPS, I have ordered here from amazon (this place is great) but their carriers aren't, the Delay happened to me 2x already the first one is they got it by the wrong house and said that they delivered it which is b********. and the package was suppose to arrive today and they have this:

"5:27 P.M. - The package was left in a UPS facility. / Forwarded to the facility in the destination city."

I mean C'mon what kind of worker forgets what he should deliver?! I mean think about it are you going to a war with a gun but without bullets?!.. geesh! I was waiting for that package, and it was supposed to be delivered last week!..

I hope amazon let us choose what carrier will be the one who will deliver for us,

P.S. I'm a Prime Member

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2013 10:26:47 AM PDT
Mary Berry says:
I have the same issues with getting my Husbands Next Day Medication that need to be Refrigerated.
UPS sat on the Package for 2 days before delivering it.
By then it was Melted and Warm. This COST US $50 out of our own pocket to request another Shippment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 5:12:59 AM PDT
I have the same problem with delivery ...
UPS - most trouble maker mail delivery agent I ever had.
Amazon should put restriction to use an UPS for Sellers and give more choises of mail agencies for buyers.

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 5:17:49 PM PDT
W. Szela says:
Similar experience with UPS. They did not manage to deliver and lied to me that office (delivery address) was closed. After telling them it's a lie and escalating to Amazon they've change their story into "we've called you and you did say to use to reschedule delivery from Wednesday to Monday after weekend". Another lie. No one called me. Finally at the end of the day yet another guy from UPS called me apologizing for the situations and proposing either I pick it up from them today or they deliver in 2 days (next day was July 4th). So I said "pickup it is". End then what? Apparently pickup wasn't an option anymore because they did not have the package yet. The truck was on its way back. Funny fact is that on the history of the delivery UPS stated it got back to the facility few hours earlier. Another lie. So I have waited 2 days for their promised new delivery date and of course they didn't deliver. Meanwhile status of the delivery has changed into 'in transit'. Frustrated called Amazon again and got refunded. But now I have to wait few days for refund, for the package (maybe it will eventually get delivered) and order online again. This time not from Amazon. BTW, this is "Amazon Prime" experience.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 1:15:29 PM PDT
Gwynn, Virginia, 23066 is an Island, Mathews County (Virginia) and we have had another seller that got a shipment to our house, which is on the 911 county "Map" (for emergency response) and all the houses have (by law) house numbers on display. The street address is valid. Another person on the same Island would be an alternative delivery place; however, that street address is rejected as well. I feel stuck. We are ordering for household items but I do not know how to go any further. I do not anywhere see any phone number, email or "chat" to converse with anyone at Amazon about their delivery policies that would prevent these valid addresses.

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 5:28:50 PM PST
Robert Koons says:
Well half our Christmas for the family is coming via UPS. Guess what the vast majority will not be here!! Some is Amazon Some other online retailers but the one thing they all have in common is UPS! Not going to scream and yell nothing I can do about it. But I will avoid doing business with anyone that uses UPS in the future. UPS has a huge black eye on this one!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2013 7:09:56 PM PST
CatMom3 says:
I would go to and put in your DHL tracking number... it should give you the ability to even go to DHL's site to track it if you would like to.

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:03:45 PM PST
T. Larsen says:
FedEx gets here on time... UPS just delayed my package for my wife until tomorrow, leaving me to think that my other packages can also get delayed. UPS IS HORRIBLE! FedEx should be the option and if you are a prime member, you get to chose your desired carrier. I would be almost certain that UPS would get dominated. They have screwed up many of my prime shipments and I'm tired of it.

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 5:28:05 PM PST
I love UPS is a terrible shipping company.

I honestly do not care about price. I'll pay more to have a confirmed shipping time.

UPS today said they "tried" to deliver my package at 1155am. I was waiting at my door ALL DAY from 8am till 2pm. I looked on the online tracking form to see a post saying they could not get ahold of me. So.....I contact customer support. I am told the local office will call me within an hour. They....did not call. I look again an hour later on my tracking and an update at 249 pm claims to have attempted to call me!!! And um...ya. no phone call.

Seriously....forget UPS. I am done ever using them as a shipping source as a customer of theirs. Which...means my Amazon days may be done sadly. This upsets me greatly.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:07:47 PM PST
nadia says:
I need a urgent response to the question. I purchased a phone on Amazon and have it shipped to Canada. I was tracking the item and it said "Shipment held- Available upon receipt of payment"... this item was paid for on Amazon is there some special tax when the goods reach customs in Canada? I really need a urgent response?

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 3:57:09 PM PST
I live in the country. UPS, rather than taking the extra time to travel down my driveway and leaving package in a large box marked UPS/USPS/FEDEX Deliveries, UPS left my last delivery in the trash container at the road. Guess I will have to label the trashcan "TRASH" although to me it seems obvious, especially if you lift the lid and glimpse of the contents. Since I couldn't find my package, I called UPS customer service to inquire. They said it had been left in the "driveway can" at the road. I didn't know what they were talking about. Then I thought about it being trash pickup day. Fortunately, it hadn't been picked up yet and there I found my package nestled in the garbage. When I called UPS to inform them I had found my package and where it had been delivered, the UPS rep actually laughed! UPS drivers are in too big of a hurry to be accurate. I try to avoid using them whenever possible. I can count on USPS to make the delivery. If I'm forced to use UPS, I have the package delivered to my office in town. This means I can only order on select days, as I can't be there on the weekend to wait for a UPS delivery. I like Amazon, but NOT UPS. Please Amazon, provide other options for 2-day shipping!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 7:06:22 PM PST
Oregongal says:
I have a fabulous UPS service and delivery person. Sorry your issue has affected you. He has delivered sometimes at 11:00 pm, in inclement weather.

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 12:38:40 AM PST
Dude says:
UPS recently delivered an overnight package that they had left out in the rain . They then lied to me and amazon bought themselves another day re warped my package in clear wrap and deliver it to me . To add insult to injury amazon made me pay return shipping for a damaged item that was inside the water soaked box . Nice ah ?
Its their policy on anything over $500 .00 dollars you pay the return shipping and they might reimburse you later . This is all done under the guise that the package has to be insured by me in case theft or lost ?

So much for buying high end item through Amazon Never Again !

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 6:28:56 AM PST
I live in rural GA, but happen to be on a highway that UPS uses to reach the towns in my area. Never a problem with UPS, BUT I often have FedEx issues. They drop packages at the post office in town, which defeats the convenience of home delivery since town in a 20 mile roundtrip. My most recent issue is a package that was never received, either at home or the post office. I have sent messages every way possible to Amazon and can not even get an acknowledgement from them. It seems that once the carrier says a package has been delivered, you are on you own. Is there any phone number that reaches Amazon customer service ???????????

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 7:31:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2014 7:33:21 AM PST
steve says:
I also have a prime membership but I don't plan to renew it. Just last week I had an order that should have been here in 2 days and now it's going to take at least 6 days, due to UPS delays. I'm not going to pay for services not rendered, and yes due to weather there might be delays, but Amazon needs to give some type of benefit for failure to provide the services that they advertised.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Amazon Daily forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about