Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

100%

on August 29, 2015
The ultimate account, I think, of the American Liberty Ship and Victory Ship programs. I suspect that this is the primary source for just about all other books on the subject of the American cargo shipping effort of World War II. It was originally published in 1951 and uses the Maritime Commission and other original records to tell its story.. I especially appreciated the chapters on the production effort, the analysis of issues such as labor productivity, and the discussion of the particular design features of the Liberty Ship that made it easy to produce. There is also extensive discussion on the establishment and layout of the new shipyards that were constructed to produce the ships.
on June 15, 2013
Excellent, authoritative and well-written, this book is the classic history of its kind. The new (2001) edition should give courage to new generations of Americans who may not know the immensity of the challenge we met in World War II.
on September 15, 2015
You need to be into the industrial history for this to be fun. Lane has done an exhaustive job pulling together data, charts and materials and weaving them into a compelling history.
on November 26, 2012
Wonderful, well-documented book you can keep beside your bed and go though, page by page. The edition looks brand new.
on November 29, 2014
Excellent reference book on all aspects of shipbuilding during World War II.
on November 25, 2011
I am very hapy
I get it very quickly
without you I could not find these books
first because they do not know, in France, to write such books Secondly they would not know because we discover it has no library as smart and as rich as the vôtres.et This is where the role you play is also essential