Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shiraz 40 Year Old
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 11, 2010
Shiraz 40 Year Old was the only album that I bought all of the tracks, and I am completely proud of my purchase. It is a rare album in Persian music. Regardless of the genre, in Iran most of the music are with one dominant melodic voice, and It is very nice to hear this polyphonic when every musical instrument has its own voice, and sometimes you even hear more of Saxophone, Cello, and piano than vocalists. Or in vocal for example, in A Lover's Guide, on the phrase "ghiertam kosht" and "moshkele eshgh" We have good example of how they use round to produce polyphonic texture. The female voice in choral start, then lower female voice sing the same phrase, and after that a tenor man voice responds to them in solo. I wont go to detail of each track but in a word they are brilliant. The poem they choose, combination of instrument, melody and harmony, and etc they are notable.
Cons:
I hate the way of that woman declaiming the poems. Every single track start with her declaiming and its annoying. But thanks god they are short.

The vocal need to improve. I like Omid's voice, vocal and really appreciate his style, but more than any other of band member he represents the traditional music of Iran, and compare to (Masters) he needs to improve his vocal. And the other vocalist is not good at all. He is perfect with saxophone but I can't hear any good in his vocal.

Finally I was expecting a better quality in term of recording for original album. It said the bit rate is 320 Kilobits Per Second but it sounds like 128 to me.

All in all they are young and very talented band and I hope the best and more success for them.
on November 20, 2010
I'm glad that I bought their album.
The album is just awesome :)
I recommend it to anyone who likes persian classic with a taste of modern jazz
on September 30, 2010
You get a good mix of jazz and traditional Persian music in this album. I wish I could get their other songs in one album as well.
on December 23, 2013
Most of the music by Dang Show is great. They are very authentic and at the same time understand Persian classical music. As an Iranian music fan this work has easily become one of my favorites.
on June 15, 2015
A melodic mixture of Eastern poetry and lyrics with jazzy bluesy renditions....
This is a great CD to pop in for Cocktail/dinner parties !
on August 29, 2012
It's the best album I have ever bought/ listened to.It is a mixture of traditional Iranian music and modern Jazz.Worth every penny.
on February 29, 2012
This is a lovely CD. It is a re-make of some old Persian songs. Very nostalgic! I love the voices and the instruments.
on August 3, 2014