5.0 out of 5 stars These are great gloves
I received these gloves and they are super comfy, stretch out really well for a perfect fit. The fabric is shiny and thick, well sewn, so these will last. They go all the way past your elbow, for that elegant look.
Published on October 9, 2012 by Y Cardona

1.0 out of 5 stars Costume or One-Time Use Only.
Published 14 months ago by Ana Logue

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great gloves, October 9, 2012
Y Cardona (Santa Cruz,CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

1.0 out of 5 stars Costume or One-Time Use Only., December 13, 2013
This review is from: Shirley of Hollywood Adult Long Satin Gloves (Apparel)
These are a waste of money if you want something to wear more than once. They would be OK for Halloween or School Drama Stage Productions or maybe for Prom Night (most girls will never wear the Prom outfit more than once, but I'd look for something better). The problem is the fabric is cut with very little seam allowance (to save fabric/money). It is a material made with tiny strands of elastic running through it to make it stretchy. The elastic pulls away from the cut edge and unravels past the seams, making little threads of rubberband-colored elastic stick out all along every seam.

On the black gloves, this shows as a frayed, lighter colored bunch of filaments all along the length of the seam up the arms and around every finger. This ruins the effect of a formal look. It would look just as bad on the red or white fabric, I am sure, cause it's rubberband beige frayed "threads". They need to cut bigger seams and lapp the seams to prevent pulling, or heat-seal the cuts or use a different fabric.

Like I said, if you need a one night costume or are going to be in a high school play, these will probably be fine. They will not last and for me didn't look good enough to wear even one time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and Feel Great! For Small Hands., April 22, 2014
These satin gloves measure flat approximately 18.5 inches in length from Index finger. The Index finger is about 3-1/4 inches from tip to base of finger, 3 inches for ring finger, 2-3/4 inches for Pointer, 2-1/2 inches for pinky.

I have a small hand, the finger length is perfect with some excess on my Pinky finger. My arms are thick so when I pull the glove it covers up to about 2 inches beyond my inner elbow. When I bend my arm, it wrinkles up as expected leaving about 1 inch of material past my inner elbow. it feels comfortable, non-bunching and non-tight. The glove covering my hand and forearm feels great.

I added some images to the Product Images from Customer area, so look at those to get a better idea of how they fit and how they are crafted. I am pleased with the look and feel. I turned them inside out and there is about 3/16 inch (4mm) seam along all the edges except the opening which is about 3/8 inch wide (15mm). The seams and stitching look solid.

As I pull snugly on the material--stretching it to its max, I can see where it starts pulling at the seam and the stitching. When I have them on, there is no pulling at the seam (and I have chubby arms), so I feel confident they will last as there is no stress on the fingertips (I have short fingers) or along the length of the glove. My wrist is about 73cm/3in diameter, my elbow is about 27cm/10-5/8in at crease, and the bicep where the glove stops before bending arm is about 31.8cm/12.5in diameter.

Personally, I will wear them pulled up to just below the elbow, leaving some wrinkles along the forearm. The image in the sales view shows them going up to mid bicep...this will not work unless your arms are short, as the overall length of the glove is only 18-1/2 inches. So, if you want something that will cover the bicep, I do not recommend these gloves. However, if you want satin gloves that go to the elbow AND you have small hands/short fingers, these may be exactly what you are looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looked and felt great!, March 1, 2014
I was worried about these as I am a curvy girl and my upper arm is about 14 inches around. These fit so well and stretched and stayed beautifully! They looked expensive and felt great! I will be buying them in the other colors as I ballroom dancing and we are always playing "grown up - dress up" for something or rather at the studio. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality, January 8, 2014
K. Hirsch (MN United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased these to use at a Downton Abby premiere party. I was very happy with them - they looked nice with the rest of my outfit and I didn't notice any of the instant wear issues that others mentioned. I can definitely use them again. I would caution that they don't stay up nice & tight, so you will feel the need to pull them up (which doesn't work - bend your elbow to pull up one and the other one wrinkles), but that's a small issue. I recommend them for any similar use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but careful., July 28, 2013
Beautiful gloves but of you have long fingers be careful. Mine already have a hole in them after 3 uses. I love the length and feel but wish they were just a bit more forgiving in the hand and fingers. Good thing I bought 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
bought for costume. They look and feel great

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't wash often., July 10, 2014
Wonderfully soft gloves. Great fit.

But they only last a wash or two.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, June 27, 2014
Came snagged when I took it out of the bag it came in, one size is not accurate at all, I am an average sized women and it kept slipping down my arm the entire time. Washes well though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a glove..., June 4, 2014
Sarah (Canberra, ACT Australia) - See all my reviews
I bought the black gloves for a speakeasy party, and they fit really well. I'm not a big person, and didn't really have any major problems with the fit. Occasionally they would slide down a little, but it was not noticeable. Great price.

Shirley of Hollywood  Adult Long Satin Gloves