Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

HALL OF FAMEon June 25, 2011
For those wondering, here's what's included on these DVDs.

SHIRLEY TEMPLE: THE EARLY YEARS:

* Pollytix in Washington

SHIRLEY TEMPLE: MY EARLY YEARS II:

* Our Girl Shirley
* Merrily Yours
* Biggest Little Star (newsreel footage compilation)
44 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2008
Anyone interested in the career or films of Shirley Temple would be well served to pick up this particular compilation package, the Early Years I and II. Both discs contain rare or previously unreleased shorts from Shirley's personal archives, all of which have been completely re-mastered to enhance image quality and colorize their once grayscale images, and all are bundled at an unbeatable price (almost half as expensive as buying the two discs separately, and cheaper still than letting Amazon do the bundling for you).

Shirley herself presents these wonderful shorts, including the best of the Baby Burlesks that launched her career and some behind-the-scenes material done in the style of an old-fashioned newsreel. At risk of repeating my Amazon reviews for each separate disc, I can say with conviction that the superior quality of the discs' production (due to the aforementioned re-mastering) makes this package a curiously strong value for the money.
on November 28, 2011
I bought this movie for my Great grand children, they loved it!! There are no movies like this for children today. Film producers have lost the moral responsibility to furnish kids movies that teach,love, respect, humility and decency.Nothing but filt and discusting relations between people. What happened?
It was a wonderful movie. B. Ridgway
on February 18, 2013
This 2-disc set is wonderful and "A MUST BUY" for Shirley Temple fans. It shows Miss Temple in nine of her earliest works. Seven of her eight "Baby Burlesk" Series one-reel short films, produced in 1933-1934, are on disc one. Disc two has one complete "Frolics of Youth" Series 2-reel short film: "Merrily Yours". The other film, entitled "Our Girl Shirley" appears to be a (1942?) colorized compilation of two 1934 "Frolics of Youth" films ("Pardon My Pups" & "Managed Money"). Also included on disc two is the documentary entitled "Biggest Little Star".
on December 29, 2010
If you're the type that loves colorised movies then Legend have done an excellent job on these vintage Shirley Temple shorts. The picture clarity is great and the colorisation process makes so much more detail appear. I have watched some of these shorts several times before in black and white and yet while watching them today in color I was noticing little details that I have NEVER noticed before. Highly recommended to all Shirley Temple fans as well as lovers of old films and even Tarzan fans will get a real kick out of her Kid 'n Africa adventure. Hope Legend films continues the great work of converting the old b&w classics into colorful treats for modern viewers.
on April 13, 2016
This collection might be disturbing for some, but as a Theatre major, I'm able to look at it as a study of popular entertainment and film throughout the ages. Kind of cute and definitely a product of its time!
on September 14, 2015
This disc consists of a very young Shirley Temple and other children acting in adult situations. It is meant to be comedic, but I find it disturbing. I would not have ordered this had I known specifically what its content was.
on June 11, 2011
MY 9 YEAR OLD GIRL HAS BECOME A FAN OF Shirley Temple. Videos were perfect for her and delivered before promised!
on October 11, 2011
The DVDs came in a timely manner and in good condition. The video quality wasn't great but they are very old movies so I am not sure what I should expect great quality.
on July 20, 2012
I so wanted to view thes with my great niece and nephews. I was previewing them to make sure all was in working order. It was not. The volumn 2 was great and played all the way through without any problems;however, the volumn 1 never did start. I cleaned my machine, wiped the disk with a soft cloth reinserted several times and then I held it up to the light and to my astonishment I think there is nothing on the disk at all. no imprinting grooves are there. the price is so low on this one I am tempted to buy another one just to see if I can get volumn 1, but I am afraid that a second one may have the same issues.