4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book about Shirley Temple., October 10, 2003
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Story (Hardcover)
This is the third book I have read about the life of Shirley Temple. It is worth reading. I think the book by Anne Edwards is slightly better, however this book has an interview with her first husband that I don't believe the Anne Edwards book has. John Agar is quoted. The book didn't go into as much detail about her movie career as the Anne Edwards book but it had some details that "American Princess" did not.
I would recommend this book to any Shirley Temple lover as a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures, January 9, 2014
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Story (Hardcover)
The book arrived quickly. The book is black with no dust cover. It's in great condition. I haven't read it yet but the pictures are priceless. I've wanted this book for so long but it was priced at 30.00 to 60.00 dollars. So I ordered it immediately for this price. I am very pleased. I can't wait to read the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, March 4, 2014
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Story (Hardcover)
Good biography and I really admire her as not only a small , unbelievable child who was able to give such needed encouragement and all round uplifting of spirits in the most depressing time in U.S. history, but to see how she was managed by a wise and selfless mother to be a normal, selfless and admirable adult is amazing , especially when we see what is being churned out in an almost soul-less America these days in Hollywood .

The Shirley Temple Story
The Shirley Temple Story by Lester David (Hardcover - Mar. 1983)
Used & New from: $0.01