5.0 out of 5 stars what annoys Peg Tittle also annoys me
I've read and loved Peg Tittle's essays before but I wondered... I would I be as p***ed off by the same topics as her, with this new collection? AND I WAS! I find Peg Tittle to be a passionate, stylistically-engaging writer with a sharp eye for the hypocritical aspects of our society. Congrats!
Published on October 19, 2011 by George

3.0 out of 5 stars its just o
I just rated this a 3 - it was funny and she seems very angry at the world for these things
Published 18 months ago by meh1234

5.0 out of 5 stars what annoys Peg Tittle also annoys me, October 19, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Read2Review, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
I was unsure on taking this book on for the use of language in the title, however I am glad I read it as some very valid points were made. I will tell you a little about my favourite bits of the book.

Drugs and Sports - What's The Problem: A subject which has been brought to the front for many who enjoy wrestling like me. We support the wrestlers and they, out of their own choosing, take drugs and get suspended. So do we still support them? For me I am choosing to support one particular wrestler still as they, I have to say, are little and cute and make me smile with their in ring abilities. If he gets suspended again he will be thrown out of the company he works for. I do not condone drug taking in the slightest and for me the discussion in this section was a topic that I have been thinking about myself.

Women's Fiction: A very good look at calling Women's Fiction "Women's Fiction". I agree with what was said here. Men enjoy women's fiction too some even write what would be classified as "Woman's Fiction". Maybe the category of "Women's Fiction" needs to be addressed.

Bang Bang: This addressed another subject that I have been following closely. A shop opened in our town centre which was called the "Kids Army Store" selling toy guns and war toys. I have been on the side that doesn't agree with this kind of shop at all! Do you remember years ago when people blamed the Power Rangers for all kinds of trouble that children did; fighting amongst others? Isn't it the exact same thing with selling toy guns?

If I go into too much detail in my review I am at risk of telling you the whole book and the discussions in it. But I would highly encourage all to read the book. It brought to the front some subjects that a lot of people have views on and I have to say that I agreed with a lot of them.

I would give S*** That Pisses Me Off 4/5.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good rant, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
If you want a book that touches on a lot of the things in life that tick you off, this is it. It's like a good rant with a few points thrown in to really make you think. I really related with the author and actually got her other books in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars She read my mind, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
For a great majority of this book, I felt like she is my psychological doppelganger! About 98 per cent of this shit also pisses me off, too! And on a regular basis.

3.0 out of 5 stars its just o, April 21, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars eh, October 2, 2014
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
I didn't agree with most of the reasoning behind her arguments, or really follow it. Most of the time I didn't make the connections she made and it pissed ME off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Funny Book, October 14, 2014
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved the stories in this book. Peg Tittle is a very funny woman.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
This book definitely wasn't what I was expecting. Feminist rant on everything under the sun that one can bitch about.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes, some of those things p*ss me off as well....., September 30, 2013
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
....but the thing that has really p*ssed me off lately was reading the angry, b *tchy rants about this author's first world problems. This book did not entertain me or make me laugh, but it did make me want to set the author on fire in a WalMart parking lot, or shake her until her eyes bleed. She is not funny. She sounds like kind of a twit and an unpleasant one at that. She's the kind of broad who would bring her to the city park where all the potheads congregate and then get mad when she sees/smells someone smoking pot even though she could have avoided both her angst and the situation by taking her kids to the other park 2 blocks away to which potheads never go because it's always full of parents and their children. The non-pothead park also has more and higher quality swings/slides/park toys, a fenced in play area, more and cleaner water fountains, bathrooms that are clean, well-lit and not scary, and is somewhat removed by distance from the very busy main street both parks are located on. The pothead park has ancient, rusty swings, one heavily dented slide, a merry-go-round capable of taking out teeth and causing fractures with the slightest mishap, one fairly tall water fountain with lots of very questionable black stuff growing all over it, filthy, creepy bathrooms lit only by single windows and hope, and is separated from the busy street by lots of tall, dense hedges perfect for homeless people to sleep under or for wierdos to molest kids under. The pothead park also sports a good sized pond full of stagnant water and diseased-looking brownish-green bubbly stuff and is the perfect place for a kid to drown himself or another kid once Mom gets really into her game of Angry Birds or Words With Friends or whatever. Also, the pothead park is actually a tad farther from home. But this broad would take her kids there and then b*tch for years about the druggies and their pot smoke and litter, etc, etc, and if some poor soul dared ask her, "Well why the hell didn't you take the kids to that much nicer, more kid-friendly park that's right down the street, ya dumb bunny???" she would then b*tch about that person's loose morals/tolerance of drug addicts/hatred of children/etc/etc.

^
Yeah. It's kinda like that only worse.

If you like hearing angry white women b*tch about things that only matter to them, you will love this book. If not, you will be seriously annoyed at this author for writing this book.

Do what you think is best.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Realize it was Canadian based, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Shit that Pisses Me Off (Kindle Edition)
It was ok....expected a little more from it. Also I didn't realize the book seems Canadian based. Don't know if I will try the other volumes yet

Shit that Pisses Me Off