4.0 out of 5 stars Great support for larger cup sizes
Other sports bras I have tried since being an H cup have been an absolute joke, and it was extremely frustrating finding something that would support me so I could zumba without the pain of the ladies bouncing all over the place.

Published on January 4, 2012 by kimberleena

1.0 out of 5 stars not enough support for big breasts
I'm a 36 DD. I like to stay active, but hate bounce.
This bra is perfectly adequate for low impact activities (yoga, weight lifting), but any activity that requires more movement (such as speed walking, basketball, running, off road biking) it fails miserably. If you jump up and down in this, its downright painful how much your breasts move up and down...
Published on July 11, 2009 by Caroline

4.0 out of 5 stars Great support for larger cup sizes, January 4, 2012
kimberleena (davis, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Classic Sports Bra #109 (Apparel)

I did a random search online, and found this bra (I ordered the Level 4 support). I was surprised at the negative reviews on amazon, since they were so positive elsewhere. It is a bit difficult to put on--but it's a sports bra, it is supposed to be very snug to hold you in. And you are working out---I don't expect my boobs to look attractive in a sports bra that is holding them in so I can run and jump and dance. If you think this sports bra is going to make your boobs look amazing, you need to lower your expectations and buy a supportive bra, not a cute one!

This is definitely worth the price. The only negative is the fabric on the sides is a little scratchy--but that shouldn't bother you with a t shirt on.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this bra, November 27, 2010
I have had this bra for over a year and it is my only sports bra which is unfortunate because it costs so much but I just have to do laundry more often. I am getting ready to buy another because I am so incredibly happy with how it has performed. I am a runner so this supreme boob bouncing activity is the true test. I am a size 36D. Good luck prospective buyers, I first purchased about five different bras in one shipment to find the right run and did the jump up and down test which worked well in finding the right one. I wish you all success- this process can be really frustrating (some bras are better for different body types)- I'm glad my search is over!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!! I have found the one!, June 3, 2013
Best sports bra ever! I am a 34DDD and have never found a no bounce running bra til now. So comfortable and holds me perfectly in place. I have a dozen other much more expensive bras that all have issues. This is the first one that is AMAZING in every way.

Update: washed and air-dryed twice - still looks and feels like new. Bought a second one -threw all others away. Fan for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sports bra I've tried, May 23, 2013
Like many other reviewers, I have experienced a lot of frustration with sports bras not fitting or providing adequate support for me (I'm a 32DDD (E)). This bra is far and above the best I have tried. I ran a 5k in it right after receiving it, and I felt like my breasts did not move at all. My other bras are going in the trash, and I'm getting more of these.

As far as sizing, I ordered my normal bra size, which works for me. The cups are maybe a tiny bit smaller than normal (but still fit fine), and the band is a little tight, but I like that this'll give me some space for it to stretch and last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a medium girl with a large bust size!, January 4, 2013
I'm a 32H and a running beginner. At first I thought I was going to end up paying an obscene amount of money on bras that would allow me to actually run without being in pain. Thankfully, I stumbled upon this bra and I haven't looked back since. They are so reasonably priced that I can afford a few of them (saving a lot of time with the laundry!). They hold everything in place and, better still, are incredibly easy to put on. (I was tried of so call miracle bras that required either you to be extremely flexible or a second pair of hands to clasp).

PS I also kickbox and do bootcamps, including jumping jacks, with this bra. Perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars not enough support for big breasts, July 11, 2009
I'm a 36 DD. I like to stay active, but hate bounce.
Furthermore, I found the bra unattractive under a t shirt. I've had the same experience with many other Shock Absorber bras.
I mainly use this bra with another low support bra to give adequate support. However, for this price, you are better off buying a couple of cheaper bras and using two at the same time. If you want a bra that you don't need to layer and that will eliminate bounce, keep looking. This is not the bra for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is WAY off, July 30, 2013
I purchased 2 different sports bras at the same time, both the same size. The other one fit like a dream, but with this one, the band barely made it past my armpits. No way was it a 36" band—more like 30" max. Too bad, because I liked the way it looked. But I sent it back (free return shipping, thank you Amazon!) and chose not to order another one...bra shopping is enough of a pain without the hassle of trial-and-error just to get the size right. I'll stick with the brands that are reliable and accurate in their sizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy love!, May 31, 2013
I wear an H cup, and this bra does the work! It's a great sports bra for high impact activities (I run). Also, it's really hard to find bras that have enough support without an underwire, but this one is awesome! It's also comfy enough to wear under regular clothes when not working out --no uniboob either. I've ordered 3 of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're a true 34ddd or 34f...this is absolutely a good fit., April 24, 2013
I never write reviews (this is my first), and this was the best fit I've ever had from anything online. 34ddd's YOU WILL stay put!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Chaffing, July 16, 2014
Have tried multiple sports bras for running. This was "almost" the one. The bra was true to size (I'm somewhere between 36-38D), seemed to have good compression without monoboob, minimal jiggle when jogging in my bathroom, shape looked good under tech top (there is a lack of padding so nipples do show) , back of bra was wide and eliminated the back fat bulge. It also was cut nicely around the armpits so there wasn't a 3rd and 4th boob between the bra and the armpit, back opening with hooks and eyes so was easy to put on, straps are adjustable and comfortable. These were all things that I was looking for and could not find in one bra.

However, the search goes on, I'm returning the bra. The elastic sewn around the inside of the armpit and bra back is very stiff and cuts right in to the skin in that tender area. It was uncomfortable and almost itchy. I had red lines after wearing it for five minutes sitting at my desk. Can't imagine how cut up I'd be after running a few miles. Sad.

Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Classic Sports Bra #109