Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Sports Bra Top #4490
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 29, 2008
I love this sports bra! I have a difficult time finding a daily bra that fits right. You can imagine that a sports bra is that much more difficult. I enjoy high intensity aerobics but have always had to modify my workout. Until now! This bra is great. it has extra paneling inside to support you breasts in the right place. The only drawback is something you can't see in this picture. The larger sizes come with 2 closures on the back. Where it looks solid is actually a hook closure. This to some getting used to. I haven't seen a smaller size( I ordered a 36G) but I am assuming they look just like the picture.
on January 31, 2010
For me, this bra is wonderful for about the first 10-15 minutes I'm wearing it (I mean NO BOUNCE WHATSOEVER), but then the fabric starts to stretch out and that leads to too little support. If you work out for longer than 10-15 minutes, you may lose support and by the end of your workout it will be no better than a $10 sports bra you can buy at Target. In addition, the support for activities in which I raise my arms (like jumping jacks) is just not there. It's fine for a couple of minutes, but then the fabric stretches and by 5 minutes in, jumping jacks are no longer an option.

In addition, I like to air dry my bras to increase their lifespan, but with this bra, if I don't dry it in the drier it doesn't really snap back into place, which again leads to too little support. I'm afraid this is going to lead to a pretty short life for this bra.

If you're planning to go for a 10-15 minute run and then dry this bra in the drier every time wash it, then you will be pleased with it. However, if you work out for longer than that or do jumping jacks or like to air dry your bras, you may want to look elsewhere.

As other reviewers mentioned the bra is awkward to get on. You have to slip it over your head like many other sports bras, but then once you get it on you also have to hook it closed in the back (like a regular bra). It's pretty awkward for me to put it on then reach behind me to hook it. Luckily I usually work out with a partner, so I can get that person to hook it for me. It's not that I can't do it myself, it is possible. It's just that it's very awkward and time consuming to try to do it myself. I did not have sizing issues like many other reviewers. I wear a 36D/DD and it ran true to size for me. It is tighter than other sports bras I have, but not uncomfortable. It is tightest under my arms.

In my opinion, this bra was not worth the cost. For $50+ I expected a bra that would support me throughout my entire 60 minute workout. In addition, I expected a bra that I could easily put on by myself. Also, for those interested in where items are made, this company is based in the UK, but the bra is made in China.

My quest for the perfect sports bra continues.
66 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2008
I purchased this bra a few weeks ago after my previous Shock Absorbers bit the dust.(I got those at VS- they don't sell them anymore) I had those for about 3 years and washed them on average 1x a week. I searched in several stores for a maximum support sports bra, but couldn't find any in my size (38D/36DD). I was hesitant to purchase this bra online without trying it on, but I am glad I did, I love it! This bra offers great support without wires. There are several layers of support, one lifts and separates so you don't get a uni-boob, and the others hold you in place so you don't bounce around. The shoulder straps are padded, although I haven't experienced any pulling(has adjustable straps). They wash up nicely, I either hand wash or machine wash and hang to dry. I wear these bras while playing ultimate frisbee which involves intense running and cutting and sometimes jumping. This bra stays in place and is comfortable and supportive throughout my games. I plan on buying a few more. They are well made and definitely worth the money.
on March 16, 2011
As usual, when I buy a sports bra it's a crap shoot. It will or it won't and it usually doesn't. I have 3 or 4 bras I am going to try on this site because who knows which one will work. This particular bra doesn't work. I have a 31H bra size. I like my sports bra to snug "the girls" in so I bought a size 32G. Fits great, like a dream actually. It's really not that tough to get into. I have done it by myself the few times I've worn it.

So far that's great, right? Because a good fit is an awesome thing. Well, here's that bad part, the job it is made to do, it doesn't work for. I do P90X the CardioX video in my upstairs bedroom. I haven't exercised in, forever, so I'm not going crazy up or down all over the place either. First time I used it I told my husband how awesome it was. FINALLY! A BRA THAT WORKS! Nope, by the second workout I'm bouncing all over the place and have to use my hands again to hold the breast in place. I am so disappointed. I've tried hand washing and not drying, washing and drying. No use. It's never gone back. Such a waste of money :/ and I can't return it now, or exercise. Dang it, again.

Hope this helps.

Oh ya, and it TOTALLY does the uni-boob thing. But for a bra that would work, I would learn to live with it.
on May 6, 2013
I had high hopes for this bra, but sadly it didn't even pass the "jump test" at home. It will not make it to the gym. It definitely won't work for running, unless I want to be flopping all over the road. I'm keeping it as a daily comfy bra to use for nursing when my little one arrives in October, it is pretty comfy and no underwires. If you are looking for a bra to keep the "gals" under control (34/36 F/G here) I recommend the Panache or Enell or Moving Comfort brands. Under Armour and Nike and now Shock Absorber have been big fails for me. Good luck.
on November 26, 2008
Purchased based on previous reviews and was VERY happy with. It is nice to have a sport bra that doesn't give you the uni-boob look. I agree about the double clasp and getting use to it. I will buy in every color when it comes out. I usually wear a 36G and ordered a 36F for more "control". Was happy with the size, fit, everything!!
Pricey, but weel worth it.
on November 4, 2010
I used to wear a regular bra with a jogging tank one size too small over the top of that in order to keep from bouncing while running. That was problematic because a) it was too ht, and b) caused chafing on long runs. Enter Shock Absorber - I can wear just this bra, and NO BOUNCE, NO CHAFING! The material is quick dry and wicking as well. I am a 36 G cup, and run four to six times a week. I also do cross fit in this bra which requires a lot of other movements, ups and downs, and it does not slip or twist. I've done two half marathons in this bra, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! To be able to run and NOT think about my breasts is amazing! Short of having a breast reduction, this is the best ever! It also looks nice - no uni-boob with this. Others have noted the double closure in the back - it has not been a problem for me. I clasp it in front then, twist around to put on. I love that it is a racerback so I can wear the cute jogging tanks over the top, and not have my straps showing through.
on December 9, 2011
I've worn it twice now, on 3-mile runs. It really holds me in place and I like it a lot. It also looks pretty decent for a large-cup sports bra.

I ordered this in size 30G. It really squishes me and I spill out a little over the top and out the sides, but I may have gotten a cup-size too small (OMG am I really a 30H? I think so!! Ugh). But i'm not going to return it because it does what I need it to do just the way it is. Hopefully all my exercising will make me a little smaller up top and then it will eventually be just the right size.

I give it four stars because the first time I put it on, I had to have help closing it in the back and I was thinking, "Really? I'm going to need help putting this on every time? That will not do." There are two closures back there. One closure is in the normal spot, then another one that is higher up towards the shoulder blades - that's the hard one. I was able to get it on all by myself the second time I wore it by hooking both closures in the front then turning it around, but it was very uncomfortable to get my arms into the shoulder straps with both the closures done.
on July 12, 2012
I ordered this bra and it was too small. I am a 34/DD and the 36/D+ barely fit. Not only was it too small but my nipples clearly showed through the fabric. I returned this item and was charged a $20 restocking fee, I was shocked, this is absurd. I will never shop this retailer again.
on October 7, 2013
I completely disagree with the review that said you can only run "10-15 minutes" before the material is no longer supportive. I have run several half-marathons in this bra and am still using it as I train for my first full marathon (anti-chafe stick is required). That customer must have gotten a defective batch because there's no way I could have put as many miles on this bra as I have if it wasn't giving me support. I run 4 days a week and rotate between this and two other bras, so it truly is a workhorse. Other notes you may find helpful...

Fit: I have it in 38E. I'm between a 38 and a 36 depending on the brand, but I like the fit of the 38 with the straps adjusted a little shorter and using the tightest hooks on the top and bottom closures.

Maintenance: I machine-wash the bra in a cold cycle and always air dry.

Getting it on: To get it on without assistance, I close the *top* set of hooks and pull it over my head. Wriggling in to it from there isn't the most graceful process, but it's worth the few seconds of effort in my opinion. Then I close the bottom set of hooks. Ready to go!