Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 26, 2010
You cannot buy a better sports bra than this particular Shock Absorber model. The bra is comfortable and attractive which in the world of sports bras means that it should provide no support. Surprisingly though, this bra supports as well as it looks. I use this bra for EVERYTHING - running, yoga, volleyball, cycling, etc. - and it keeps my breasts nicely supported and jiggle free. It does all this while still leaving a relatively nice shape (no sports bra flattening) and looking nice enough that I can wear it alone and still look great. I used to wear Enell sports bras and I have to say that this one provides more support and looks a million times better. I have one in white and black and would not dream of switching to another bra.
66 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
I love running and exercising, and a good sports bra is one of the most important things for a woman to have, especially if she is large on top. It is VERY challenging to find one that keeps "my girls" from bouncing around. I've tried many different sports bras, and this one is hands-down the best - it is so effective that I have purchased 7 of them! Here are some of the points I considered when purchasing the bra:

PROS:
It almost eliminates bouncing. You will still move a little bit but not uncomfortably so.
It fits true to size, though it's a bit snug. (I think this is why it works so well)
The clip at the back makes it possible to wear any kind of shirt, including racerback tank tops.
I think it pushes my chest up a little and makes me look a bit "perkier." The "uniboob" effect is minimal.
The blue color is very pretty.
If you wear a heart rate monitor to train, this bra has no under wire so you don't have to worry about interference.

CONS:
The stitching is heavy duty so if you wear a tighter t-shirt or tank top you will be able to see the stitches through the shirt. It isn't too noticeable, but it is there.
The clip on the back takes some practice. It is easy for me to clip now but the first few attempts were tricky! If you have shoulder issues you may need to have a friend clip it.
On runs longer than 9 miles the shoulder straps cut into my shoulders. I attribute this to the bra's superb functioning (it means it's holding me up) so I just wear a band-aid under the shoulder straps on long runs. If you run 5 miles or less you won't have a problem with this.
For some reason the white bra isn't as effective as the black and blue ones.
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2012
I've been using the same 2-bra method as a lot of other large-chested women. At 38D, I've always avoided anything that would create bounce (running, aerobics, etc). But somehow I started running last year, and both of my go-to bras are nearing the end of their useful life. (They're both just cheaper bras from the discount store.) I've been reading reviews, trying to get the best I can buy (and not too afraid of high $ since I'd really like to be comfortable).

I found this bra to fit true-to-size (same 38D as I always wear) and had absolutely no problem hooking the upper clasp. (I have a bum shoulder from an old injury, so was afraid based on the other reviews, but had no problems.)

The "padded" shoulder straps are not as padded as the everyday bras I wear. (So certainly not "padded" like I expected from a sports bra.) I didn't find anything uncomfortable about the fit.

The real issue was the lack of support. The cups are thin fabric, and didn't provide any support themselves. (There is also no modesty, which is quickly noticeable in this chillier weather.) I ended up trying this bra along with the "inner" bra from my go-to 2-bra method, and the support was not as good as I am used to.

So in the end, this got packaged up to be returned to Amazon. I was pleased with the overall fit, so may try another bra from this same manufacturer. But at my size, I didn't find this sports bra to provide adequate support.
33 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I struggled to find a decent sports bra that would support me without giving me 'cone' shaped breasts :/ I had previously spent much more on a Freya sports bra (love their line), that bra was fine for low impact but was beginning to give me neck and back pain when running. This bra however solves that issue :) The colors are identical to the photo and it overall looks amazing! :) Some of the negative comments were concerning the fit (some say it's too tight) and the top clasp (some said it's difficult to put on). I would disagree however. I ordered a size up in the band but I felt my original size would have been fine. Also the top clasp takes some getting used to but once I practiced a few times it was very easy :) I actually really love the idea of the 2 clasps because it means the whole back comes unclasped and you don't have to struggle to get it up over your head!! Since buying this I have not worn my old sports bra at all!

My size: 32F
Size ordered: 34E (I would recommend order true size though)
Used for: high impact running/ stairs
Delivery: amazon.com gave me an estimate of 4 weeks, I got it in 1! (from Europe to Canada)
Fav part: 2 back clasps mean no struggling to get it off over your head!
Recommend: Yes, in fact I will order another one in a diff color (and size) soon :)
on July 14, 2013
I am a 34D distance runner....running 4-5 days a week, for 3-20 miles, and I have been a long time chafe sufferer (right along the band line under my chest). I think the key is finding something that fits snug with little flex, and this is the best I have come across so far (having tried lulu, UA, Champ, Moving C, Athle, and much more)....lets just say I'm like a lot of ladies, a specialist in what doesn't work and chafes. There is nothing like getting in the shower after a long sweaty run to bear out the pain of chafe, and it has become much less a problem since this has become my bra (I now own 5).
on October 18, 2010
Just tried this bra out on a 3 mile run. I am a 36DD and I really felt good in this. I have spent a large amount of money on other sport bras, but this bra really lived up to its hype. I am so happy the under wires that were in my old bras have disappeared, no more blisters and bleeding from those nasty wires. Yet, I still feel like I have full support, even when I am in a full sprint. Also, my old bras that I paid the same amount for showed unsightly seems underneath my shirt and I was embarrassed to wear these bras while around other people. This bra is so silky smooth and no seems appear. It magically lifts my breasts and makes me feel years younger. Even my six year old daughter innocently exclaimed "Mommy, you look young again!" I just love the feel of the fabric in this bra,it is so silky, and it seemed to wick away my moisture effectively during my run. My only complaint would be that it is difficult to fasten the back top of the bra without help. My husband helped me the first day I wore it, but on my second try I was successful without his assistance. Also, the top closure felt a little awkward at first, but I got used to the feeling as I ran and experienced no chafing at that point of contact. So overall, yes the bra is expensive, but I would never hesitate to purchase running gear that I find has a great fit. Especially where my breasts are involved. I have loved running ever since I could remember. Running helps me stay a positive person, even when life sends me some real challenges. When I was younger and began to develop larger breasts, I felt sad that I couldn't find a product that would let me enjoy one of the true loves of my life. But this bra helped me to feel rejuvenated and young again. I am sure all of us who fit into the category of needing supportive sports bras know how it feels when the merchandise we are wearing up there doesn't live up to its reputation. I am happy to say in this case, the product did and I am not embarrassed to step out the door anymore and do one of activities I love most in life - run.
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2014
This is the second Shock Absorber that I've bought, and I don't think I'll ever buy any other kind! With a 38DDD chest (It's ridiculous) I thought I was going to just have to accept the fact that running hurt my back, shoulders, and chest. But the first run after putting this on, I came home and told my husband, "This is the best bra ever!" Nothing moves, the straps are wide and comfy, and nothing digs into you anywhere. The fabric is quality, and will last (which justifies the price!) Now, that all being said, it can be a bit hard to get into! Your best bet is to unhook the middle, fasten the eye hooks in the front, then twist it around. Then put on the shoulder straps, and reach back and fasten the middle (the part between your shoulder blades). It is well worth it!
on August 14, 2014
I run, body attack, body combat and bootcamp. This is the best bra I have ever worn to excercise in. I am a 34D and although I have to wear it on the last hook I know from previous bras that it will stretch slightly with wear (my other bra exactly same is now 6 months old and is wearing incredibly well).
I like this bra because you can wear it with a racer back vest which seems to be the only type of vest you can buy at the moment.
To put it on ignore the clip and put on like any bra. Once in place you can either reach up and clip or get someone else to do it. OR pull over your head like a vest.....a bit of a tight squeeze. To take off reach up and undo clip (very easy) and take off like normal bra.
on October 28, 2011
I used to think I just wasn't made to run.
I've always been very well endowed, and through weight gains and drops my band size would increase or decrease but my cup size never dropped below a DD or F.
I'd tried sports bra after sports bra with the same result. Running hurt. Badly.
Recently I decided that I wanted to try to become a runner. I knew I'd need a great sports bra, since nothing I had tried before cut it. So I did the research and decided to try the shock absorber.
It is the best sports bra I have ever tried. Running still hurts, but not because of bouncing. Now it's just the screaming lungs and burning legs.
Seriously, it has made a huge difference and was well worth the money. I'd recommend it to anyone who is larger up top and needs extra support. Just be aware, unless you're pretty flexible, the way the top back clip is made, you may need some help fastening it when you put it on.
on April 11, 2011
I gave it a try, but found that it was slightly too small in the cup (I went w/ my usual size of 32DD) and that combined with the double hooks on the back made me decide to send it back. I was worried that I would soon break the plastic upper clasp, even if I was careful to pull the thing on with that clasp already hooked. Also I had a bit of bounce.

If you are buying several bras to try out, I'd definitely include this one in your mix, but for me, I will be trying out some more! The search continues....