5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down THE BEST Sports Bra on the Market
Published on November 26, 2010 by FeeltheIllinoise

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits Fine, but Didn't Work for Me
Published on March 1, 2012 by kdea473

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down THE BEST Sports Bra on the Market, November 26, 2010
You cannot buy a better sports bra than this particular Shock Absorber model. The bra is comfortable and attractive which in the world of sports bras means that it should provide no support. Surprisingly though, this bra supports as well as it looks. I use this bra for EVERYTHING - running, yoga, volleyball, cycling, etc. - and it keeps my breasts nicely supported and jiggle free. It does all this while still leaving a relatively nice shape (no sports bra flattening) and looking nice enough that I can wear it alone and still look great. I used to wear Enell sports bras and I have to say that this one provides more support and looks a million times better. I have one in white and black and would not dream of switching to another bra.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits Fine, but Didn't Work for Me, March 1, 2012
I've been using the same 2-bra method as a lot of other large-chested women. At 38D, I've always avoided anything that would create bounce (running, aerobics, etc). But somehow I started running last year, and both of my go-to bras are nearing the end of their useful life. (They're both just cheaper bras from the discount store.) I've been reading reviews, trying to get the best I can buy (and not too afraid of high $ since I'd really like to be comfortable).

I found this bra to fit true-to-size (same 38D as I always wear) and had absolutely no problem hooking the upper clasp. (I have a bum shoulder from an old injury, so was afraid based on the other reviews, but had no problems.)

The "padded" shoulder straps are not as padded as the everyday bras I wear. (So certainly not "padded" like I expected from a sports bra.) I didn't find anything uncomfortable about the fit.

The real issue was the lack of support. The cups are thin fabric, and didn't provide any support themselves. (There is also no modesty, which is quickly noticeable in this chillier weather.) I ended up trying this bra along with the "inner" bra from my go-to 2-bra method, and the support was not as good as I am used to.

So in the end, this got packaged up to be returned to Amazon. I was pleased with the overall fit, so may try another bra from this same manufacturer. But at my size, I didn't find this sports bra to provide adequate support.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best sports bra for female runners, February 26, 2013
Dana (Fairfax, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
I love running and exercising, and a good sports bra is one of the most important things for a woman to have, especially if she is large on top. It is VERY challenging to find one that keeps "my girls" from bouncing around. I've tried many different sports bras, and this one is hands-down the best - it is so effective that I have purchased 7 of them! Here are some of the points I considered when purchasing the bra:

PROS:
It almost eliminates bouncing. You will still move a little bit but not uncomfortably so.
It fits true to size, though it's a bit snug. (I think this is why it works so well)
The clip at the back makes it possible to wear any kind of shirt, including racerback tank tops.
I think it pushes my chest up a little and makes me look a bit "perkier." The "uniboob" effect is minimal.
The blue color is very pretty.
If you wear a heart rate monitor to train, this bra has no under wire so you don't have to worry about interference.

CONS:
The stitching is heavy duty so if you wear a tighter t-shirt or tank top you will be able to see the stitches through the shirt. It isn't too noticeable, but it is there.
The clip on the back takes some practice. It is easy for me to clip now but the first few attempts were tricky! If you have shoulder issues you may need to have a friend clip it.
On runs longer than 9 miles the shoulder straps cut into my shoulders. I attribute this to the bra's superb functioning (it means it's holding me up) so I just wear a band-aid under the shoulder straps on long runs. If you run 5 miles or less you won't have a problem with this.
For some reason the white bra isn't as effective as the black and blue ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Product!, October 18, 2010
Just tried this bra out on a 3 mile run. I am a 36DD and I really felt good in this. I have spent a large amount of money on other sport bras, but this bra really lived up to its hype. I am so happy the under wires that were in my old bras have disappeared, no more blisters and bleeding from those nasty wires. Yet, I still feel like I have full support, even when I am in a full sprint. Also, my old bras that I paid the same amount for showed unsightly seems underneath my shirt and I was embarrassed to wear these bras while around other people. This bra is so silky smooth and no seems appear. It magically lifts my breasts and makes me feel years younger. Even my six year old daughter innocently exclaimed "Mommy, you look young again!" I just love the feel of the fabric in this bra,it is so silky, and it seemed to wick away my moisture effectively during my run. My only complaint would be that it is difficult to fasten the back top of the bra without help. My husband helped me the first day I wore it, but on my second try I was successful without his assistance. Also, the top closure felt a little awkward at first, but I got used to the feeling as I ran and experienced no chafing at that point of contact. So overall, yes the bra is expensive, but I would never hesitate to purchase running gear that I find has a great fit. Especially where my breasts are involved. I have loved running ever since I could remember. Running helps me stay a positive person, even when life sends me some real challenges. When I was younger and began to develop larger breasts, I felt sad that I couldn't find a product that would let me enjoy one of the true loves of my life. But this bra helped me to feel rejuvenated and young again. I am sure all of us who fit into the category of needing supportive sports bras know how it feels when the merchandise we are wearing up there doesn't live up to its reputation. I am happy to say in this case, the product did and I am not embarrassed to step out the door anymore and do one of activities I love most in life - run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bra for the very well endowed runner, October 28, 2011
I used to think I just wasn't made to run.
I've always been very well endowed, and through weight gains and drops my band size would increase or decrease but my cup size never dropped below a DD or F.
I'd tried sports bra after sports bra with the same result. Running hurt. Badly.
Recently I decided that I wanted to try to become a runner. I knew I'd need a great sports bra, since nothing I had tried before cut it. So I did the research and decided to try the shock absorber.
It is the best sports bra I have ever tried. Running still hurts, but not because of bouncing. Now it's just the screaming lungs and burning legs.
Seriously, it has made a huge difference and was well worth the money. I'd recommend it to anyone who is larger up top and needs extra support. Just be aware, unless you're pretty flexible, the way the top back clip is made, you may need some help fastening it when you put it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running's not a Pain Anymore!, March 25, 2011
Sooner Felecia (Bethesda, Maryland) - See all my reviews
A True Miracle bra! I'm not skipping rope skipping, rebounder excercising without an ounce of extra bounce, jumping jacks are once again joyful and finally, the perfect foundation for running!

I will admit that I ordered my first Shock Absorber Run Bra a couple of cup sizes too small. This is because I have a long history of selecting unsupportive losers and didn't wish to add another to the collection. I ordered this one using the sizing guidelines provided on the seller's page and the fit is really great. The one two sizes too small will come in handy if a part comes along at the local Shakespearean theater or will enhance dressing-up for the renaissance festival. Seriously, this one is the perfect fit for me, another perk is the moisture wicking material. It's nice not to end up wearing a water bra unintentionally!

As usual Amazon was very easy to order through and HerRoom's service was prompt, efficient and included all the paperwork for an easy return if needed. the presentation was nice with the article of clothing wrapped in a bit of lavender tissue paper.

Best wishes to anyone still searching, I've definitely found the one for me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Shock Absorber, April 15, 2013
I love the shock absorber brand. It's the only bra I like to purchase for my intense workout. It keeps the girls from bouncing and it's a comfortable fit. I did return this sports bra because it was to small. I ordered my normal size but it didn't fit as well as the one's I have ordered in the past. Also, this bra was shipped to me from Ireland. I would not have ordered it had I seen the vendor was from Ireland. The vendor is great and has accepted the return but it was a hassle trying to mail this back, and I still haven't received a refund yet, but I think it's because of where I'm shipping it to. Again the bra is great for high intensity sports and the vendor is very accommodating but I'll be more careful to stick with US vendors for future purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the claims, May 7, 2010
I don't have to wear two sports bras anymore--Yay! This is an expensive bra but it does exactly what the makers claim. It is comfortable and well made. Much better support than the lycra Champion bras I'd been buying from the big box retailer in the neighborhood. I plan to buy another soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good sports bra for a larger busted woman, June 29, 2014
REVIEW:
I am a runner and do some cross fit activities. Having a 38FF, its hard to find something that stops the bounce. I do like this bra however I still bounce when I run. :( This bra is best for cross fit activities and some hight impact exercises, not marathon running.

There is no really overall definition inside the bra. This is probably my main complaint. Therefore, it just seems like it is there to hold you in and gives you a bit of a uni-boob look. The best part about the bra, is the padding around the shoulders/collar bone area.

FIT:
This sports bra is very true to size. Since I have never found a sports bra that fits my larger chest perfectly, I tend to buy my sports bras a bit smaller to try to get that snug feeling. This is not the case with this bra. I would recommend ordering your exact bra size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size, February 21, 2014
This is not true to size. The width band is almost two inches smaller than what it actually says. I measured to verify. Very disappointed.

Rate and Discover Movies