5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes, Friends and More
Published on January 12, 2011 by Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids ...

This book has almost no redeeming value (it is well drawn, however.) It's all about four shoe obsessed little princesses/brides in training/socialites trip to the shoe store.

Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes, Friends and More, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic book for young readers! My little girl absolutely loves this story, as it's full of cute illustrations, shoes, glitter and has colors she loves. This fun quick read engages little girls as 4 friends go about dressing up and can't find the right shoes, that is until they discover they can make their own just the way they like them. With it's wonderful rhyming words, girls playing dress up and pink cover, make it a must have!

What I love about this fantastic read is that the little girls are in search of the perfect shoes, and in the end realize the best pair of shoes they can find are the ones they decorate themselves. I think this sends a powerful message to young minds to be proud of their uniqueness and creativity. It's a fun read to whisked away into with it's make believe, dressing up with friends and being crafty. This is a must have for all little girls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoe-la-la is Ooo-la-la to me!, January 7, 2011
rtreads (Tulsa, Ok United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
When I first saw this book, I thought, Oh, great! Another girly book to make my daughter want to be even more girly. But, the advantage to going to a bookstore is that you can actually read a book before purchasing it. So, I sat down with my daughter and read. She loved it! And, so did I! The rhyme was really on point, the illustrations were wonderful and reminded me of Penny from Disney's The Rescuers, and there were a couple of genuine lessons to be learned from the story and they weren't at all forced.
The girls try on all the shoes in the store only to realize they haven't found any that are good enough, teaching that they don't have to settle for something that doesn't meet their standard. And when the girls go home without any new shoes, they use ingenuity and creativity to dress up a pair of shoes they already own, thus learning to make do with what they have.
I was really impressed with this book and, after my initial reading, I purchased it and am glad to have done so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
My 4 year old loves this book and loves looking at all the different types of shoes. She asks for this book often! One review stated that this book is an example of "all that has gone wrong in our culture"; however, I use this book as a lesson just like I do for TV shows, movies, and the boy next door! Not everyone always acts perfectly and we just need to try our best, be kind, and use our energy for good! (My 4 year old and I have actually discussed that the girls left a mess and they should have cleaned it up.) This book is cute, colorful, and super fun! I love at the end, after all the beautiful shoes the girls could have bought, they found a more creative way to have gorgeous shoes!!! A delightful book for any shoe love...big or small!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Girly Book, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
This book is a total hit at my house. It is a fun, girly read and is short enough to hold the attention span for all ages. The illustrations are cute and fun. Overall, this is a great book. The price on Amazon is great too - we paid a lot more at Barnes and Noble - bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars My great grand daughter loved it, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
The book is very colorful and well done. Mgreat granddaughloves it and I made her a fleece throw with shoes on it to cuddle up as she reads it.

4.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter loves this book....she loves shoes!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
I have an autistic granddaughter who loves shoes. This is one of her favorite books to read. I love to see her happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge this book by the cover and title!, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
My daughter received this book as a gift and, I must admit, when I first saw it, I rolled my eyes. I do not want my daughter to think that materialism is an important part of life. However, this book has a surprise ending! These four little girls shop and shop to find the perfect pair of shoes for their party. In the end, they choose to decorate and make their own shoes. This is a wonderful book that shows creativity triumphs. I love the message of this book and highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoe shopping!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
Four girls are looking for new party shoes. They go to the shoe store and try on shoe after shoe. Finally, it is time for the store to close. The girls have tried on so many shoes they do not know which to pick. They go home and decorate their shoes themselves.

"Lots and lots of leopard spots.
Pink and purple polka dots.
These show off my pretty feet.
These look good enough to eat.
Fuzzy boots for when it snows.
Ballerina
on my toes."

Who wouldn't love seeing all these cool pairs of shoes?!

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Favorite at our house!, March 1, 2011
This review is from: Shoe-La-La! (Hardcover)
Shoe La La is a new favorite at our house. It's a sweet rhyming story about little girls having a fabulous time trying on loads of shoes! The illustrations are fancy and fun. When I first saw this book at our local bookstore, I immediately bought it thinking my girls will LOVE it! I was 100% right :)

Kristie Finnan, Author of: Mommy's High Heel Shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Promoting rampant consumerism and stereotypical shoe-obsession., January 15, 2014
Amazon Customer (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shoe-la-la! (Board book)

Well, there is one redeeming quality in that they end up decorating their own shoes instead of buying them. They acted like little primadonnas in the store, however. I am definitely not a fan of this book.

Buy this book if you're looking for a training guide for a Sex in the City lifestyle for your little girl. This book is going in hiding in the house for a while and then may be used for kindling.

Shoe-La-La!
Shoe-La-La! by Karen Beaumont (Hardcover - January 1, 2011)
$16.99 $12.82
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies