Published on March 19, 2007 by Shaney

3.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Kit
The shipper was very on the ball, but I found the fact you had to unlace all your shoe laces to put the darn thing on a bit of a pain, especially when you switch between more than 1 pair.

I do understand the rationale of of the issues with Velcro types accuracy,or not being snug to the laces, but I did not find this the case in either this product or the one by...
Published on July 7, 2007 by Kiwi_oregon

5.0 out of 5 stars Too bad Nike/ipod didn't just begin the Nike+ marketing with this!, March 19, 2007
Shaney "Wmnindashu" (GILBERT, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
I have been running for a long time, track in high school and down the road today, and have never had great luck with the way Nikes fit my feet. I was enamored by the Nike+ipod capabilities, almost to the point of buying the 'special' Nikes until I saw this product. The shoe pouch just straps into your shoelaces. It's great to be able to put on the shoes that are most fitting and get the benefits of the Nike+ program as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yeah!, June 8, 2007
Finally!

I was hesitant about spending money on a new pair of running shoes just so that I could use my Nike+ with my ipod. So when my husband bought me a pair of Nike+ I really wanted to like them. Unfortunately they just weren't as comfortable as my regular running shoes. After trying a few different pairs I gave up. I saw an ad for a shoe pouch for the sensor that looked about the same size as the shoe pouch that I already had, so I tried it. It worked but the accuracy was way off. The pouch was so big that the sensor bounced around too much and only 9 out of the 10 miles that I ran were measured. Oddly enough my husband had the same trouble when he was running with his Nike+ shoes. I thought maybe the sensor was bad, but once I got my Shoe Pouch and took it to the track I found that it was far more accurate than the bigger pouch and even the shoes. I don't know why the shoes wouldn't work, but that's just one person's experience!

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 14, 2007
Home office (Bethesda, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I tried to velcro the sensor to my shoe and it seemed stable but was completely inaccurate. Then I got one of these pouches and problem solved. Works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, now in colors!, July 29, 2007
I didnt want to run in Nike+ shoes. Prefer other brands. Bought a couple pouches for each pair of different shoes I run in, just move the sensor from shoe to shoe... Matched the color to the shoe too. Perfectly accurate, well made, reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars My current gift of choice!, May 31, 2007
I've been running with the shoe pouch for a while now - everything's been great for me. It is as accurate as any of the other models I tried - which is just as accurate as having the sensor in your shoe. I've tried two competing products the Switch Easy, and another pouch style one that cost a few bucks more. The SwitchEasy has the edge in looking cool - I liked that it shows the Nike sensor, the thing's good looking. Unfortunately it

CONSTANTLY swung open on me. I would have to stop and reclick it. I felt like I was going to loose the thing at any minute. I've used this shoe pouch for over 100 miles now, and love it. I have bought them along with a Nike iPod kit for everyone I know that has a nano.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, February 12, 2007
This is a great idea that saved me a lot of money! It securely holds the sensor and the Nike shoes are not required. The fit is snug and keeps the calibration exact. You don't feel it on your shoe. It is not water proof, but there is some protection for the sensor. Overall, a really great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes Simple is Better, May 21, 2008
I purchased this product so I could use the Nike+ kit with my New Balance running shoes. The shoe pouch fully encloses the sensor and attaches very securely. I have 100% confidence in the product. The arm band and protective skin is high quality, holds my Nano securely, provides full access to the click wheel, headphone jack, docking port, and hold button. The design of the armband keeps the ipod away from my skin, so I don't worry about it getting sweaty. The (optional) screen protectors it came with seem sturdy and functional. It adhered completely without bubbling, doesn't make the display difficult to read, doesn't make the click wheel difficult to operate, and completely protects the front of my ipod. It came with a few of the protectors so when it gets all scratched up I can easily take it off and replace it. The band itself is slim, comfortable, and fully adjustable. I am a woman with a fairly small build and I wear it on my forearm with no problem, whereas some other products don't adjust small enough. Excellent product, unbeatable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars trouble at first, May 12, 2007
At first my iPod was not reading all the miles from the chip so I was pretty down on the product. I wound up lacing it into my shoe a little tighter and realy haven't had a problem since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, March 14, 2007
I had many problems with the Nike shoe- this product saved my feet! I can use my old running shoes and the pouch keeps the sensor safe and secure. I have had no problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Combo! I needed both and armband and shoe pouch, April 17, 2008
I needed both an armband and shoe pouch. This combo is exactly what i needed. The skin is strudy and high quality and perfect protection. No problems accessing the hold switch, the click wheel. The nike+ receiver fits right in. The armband is totally comfortable. The Shoe Pouch is the added bonus and works like a charm. You get a simple screen protector you cut out to your liking, easy as that. Love the whole package. This is an awesome combo at an awesome price.

Rate and Discover Movies