5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!
I've wanted a Shoei helmet since I was a kid. Back then it was their off-road helmets now, some 30 years later, it's their street models that catch my eye. I just upgraded to a new bike and decided it was time to make the investment for the helmet I really want. I'm glad I did! Here's some of my favorite features:

This helmet's finish is amazing! It wipes clean...
Published 17 months ago by John O'Neill Sr.

I had high expectations for this helmet after reading about it on Shoei's website. I was specifically looking for a helmet reasonably lightweight helmet with sun visor and wind noise control. Here are my thoughts on the following subjects.

1. weight: as expected. It is fine.

2. build quality: appears to be very good. The components and finish are...
Published 14 months ago by fishouttawater

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!, June 9, 2013

This helmet's finish is amazing! It wipes clean easily and completely after every ride.

The built-in sun visor is awesome! No more stuffing my shades inside the helmet or using a mirrored visor that makes things a pain at night. Now I just slide the switch. Instant on - instant off!

The ventilation is great! I've never had a helmet with an airflow I could feel so well. The cool air really helps keep my head from melting on 100+ degree days.

The comfort of the interior padding is beyond anything I've experienced with my HJC, AGV, or other helmets. It is very plush and super comfortable!

The helmets expensive, but you absolutely get what you pay for. Don't wait as long as I did, upgrade to a Shoei helmet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy helmet, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Shoei Wanderer GT-Air Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Helmet - TC-6 / Small
Shoei makes a really good helmet. Good attention to details and good quality materials. The flip down sun visor is really handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars The tinted retractable visor is a great touch, because I hate wearing sun glasses in ..., July 19, 2014
I was surprised at how much the mask still fogged up, but putting the additional liner that's provided makes it impossible to fog up, even while wearing it indoors. The tinted retractable visor is a great touch, because I hate wearing sun glasses in a helmet, and the changing conditions always stink. Love the classic race stripe, and decided to go for the white for added visibility and the cool honeycomb pattern gives it a pearl shine.

3.0 out of 5 stars for being an advanced design for sound reduction and better cooling, I was disapointed, September 30, 2013

1. weight: as expected. It is fine.

2. build quality: appears to be very good. The components and finish are very high quality.

3. sun visor: works very well, even in intense Arizona sun. I hate dealing with sun glass inside the helmet, so this is a big plus in my mind.

4. wind noise control: very poor. I was very disappointed by this as I expected this helmet to excel at this. I've worn several other helmets that are significantly less expensive that do not have such poor noise control. The noise created from wind buffeting is very uncomfortable when riding. You can nearly make it all disappear by putting your hand next to the helmet which deflects air away from the rear of the helmet, which is poorly sealed. The wind travels behind the helmet then back through the padding which has a crease in the rear that leads to your ears. This helmet does fit me properly.

5. Airflow: this was another point that I was very disappointed with. The helmet has two louvers that can be opened / closed. They result in no airflow to very little airflow - you can barely notice the difference between open and closed. Better adjustment for increased airflow would have been appreciated.

Overall, the build quality is high and the sun visor I think is awesome. However, the noise control and airflow is very poor, especially considering the price. Next time, I would definitely try another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet, August 8, 2014
Made a 1500 mile ride with this helmet. It is a very comfortable helmet on all day trips. Road it in a hard rain and had no issues with it fogging up. It is considerably quieter than my last full face helmet. A little pricey but worth the investment.