5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Old-School Cather's Glove
My dad bought me a Nokona catcher's glove in the '60s to keep our pitchers from breaking my thumb. It was a thing of beauty---thick, soft, red-brown leather that broke in quickly and was a joy every time I saw it, even more so when I caught with it. My hand safe, I was free to really enjoy catching.

This Shoeless Joe glove recaptures that aura of greatness...
Published 22 months ago by JR in AZ

1.0 out of 5 stars Right or Left Handed???
Published 11 months ago by Tom D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Old-School Cather's Glove, February 19, 2013

This Shoeless Joe glove recaptures that aura of greatness. It is truly beautiful (well, to a catcher at least), with a soft, thick leather that you just don't see in gloves anymore. Smells incredible. It also is a deep reddish-brown---looks very much like the illustration. Out of the box it is game-ready---broken in nicely.

Though it has a look and feel of an old-time catcher's glove, it is functionally a terrific glove. A little thicker, heavier than many newer gloves, but there is protection and sturdiness in it that many modern styles lack. It really protects the hand, but does not feel at all bulky to me. It has more of an open design---not a "fastback" or hand-hugger model. It does have a wrist guard...but it is well-shaped and placed---does not get in the way at all.

My hands are average-sized, probably a little slender for a catcher, but the 34" glove does not feel too big for me. It feels...great. Like my lovely old Nokona.

I use this glove to work with pitchers & catchers (as a HS coach)---I rarely have a fielder's glove on my hand---always a catcher's mitt. I'm going to love working with this one. I plan to pass it on to my son for when he plays catch with his own kids.

I wanted one of these from the first time I saw a picture of it. Sometimes that results in disappointment when the real thing shows up. The opposite is true here---the glove is nicer than even the illustrations show; it surpassed my expectations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great glove, October 2, 2013
Darren Chaffin (dodge city, ks United States) - See all my reviews
"Right" usually means (in my experience) it is for a right-handed player. so son was disappointed when it showed up and meant it goes on the right hand (making it a lefty's glove). we sent it back...and that experience was delightful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Right or Left Handed???, January 17, 2014
Same problem as another reviewer had. All Amazon needs to do is do a better job at their description. Bought it and found out it was a right handed glove for a left handed thrower. Bought as a gift, so my son was disappointed. Then Amazon failed to inform us upon returning the glove for a replacement that there were no gloves for a right-handed thrower, leaving us in limbo for a week. I had to inquire what was happening with my order through their chat line and that's when I found out. Think I'm done with Amazon for awhile . . . couple bad experiences now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool mitt. As stated, August 8, 2014
Very cool mitt. As stated, came in pretty much ready to use. My 12yr old Son's catching coach was impressed with it when told we had received it just two days prior to training. My Son loves it. Great price for a great mitt.

Shoeless Joe Gloves Brown Catchers Mitt