Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shoo, Jimmy Choo!: The Modern Girl's Guide to Spending Less and Saving More
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 2, 2010
The financial advice in this book is excellent, with a step by step system to help you clean up you finances and progress towards a fruitful retirement. My main complaint with the book is simply that the author can't seem to write a page without some kind of pop culture or fashion reference. While I understand the book is geared toward women who spend frivolously on these items, I find the repetitive references to expensive fashion irritating and somewhat disjunctive when spliced in a paragraph about 401(k)s. The concept of "you spend too much on this" is clear from the cover as well as the first few pages, and therefore the entire book need not be riddled with references to designers.

That being said, this book is an excellent resource for all career minded women once you get past the author's need to establish her credibility as a fashionista in nearly ever section of the book.
on December 7, 2010
You know, I really didn't love this book. I think I was expecting financial tips and tricks, some of which were in there, but this book is more like a shopping guide. The book tells you where to go, how to get deals, etc. It's like, saving by shopping at a discount, during sales, etc. You're still spending money on things you don't need with this book.

Not what I expected AT ALL. Definitely go online and read some excerpts from this book (outside of Chapter 1) before you buy it so that you know if you're getting what you expected.
on February 2, 2016
With a career in finance, I like to keep a couple fun books regarding to financial matters on my desk at work. This one adds a nice pop of color and is modern. The material in it is straight forward and basic information that could help the teen-20s women get a nice run down of investment vehicles and conservative spending. Would make a nice gift to someone starting out of college etc and looking to build a smart future
on January 19, 2011
i guess i haven't gotten over the fact that i'm not rich by now! i mean i'm a savvy girl in my 30's with her own pad and a gulp, cat. okay maybe i'm not that fab, but in my mind i am. so when i decided to purchase this book, i thought it would solve all of my problems, albeit i recieved the book yesterday and it already has me going through my bills and trying to understand the acronym of FICO score. so when i started reading the book, i was surprised that it wasn't condesending or snobby. i really think that it'll help with my financial situation. thanks amazon.
on September 18, 2015
It has some great information but it is definitely geared toward the female. The author should have thought about both male and female enjoying this book and putting the information into practice. I am reading this with my Church group and male is struggling because of the tone of the book.
on February 7, 2010
FINALLY!! finally, someone is actually writing personal finance books aimed solely at single women!!! This is a huge and untouched market and I thought that author Hill did an absolutely wonderful job of leveling the personal finance against a healthy dose of humor.

There are tons of ideas that are both doable and inspiring - she does not expect you to have $50,000 in the bank when you take on your new finance program - but rather, she encourages you to make little changes by little changes - starting with limiting your shopping and love of shoes.

This book is a little gem and I loved it!! it was entertaining and a great read with lots of very helpful hints. The author is neither preachy or boring - its a perfect blend.
on January 30, 2010
If reading about personal finance is about as exciting to you as organizing your sock drawer... this gem of a book is for you. In a fun, breezy, highly-readable manner Catey Hill tells you exactly what you need to know to create a "new financial you." Whether your vice is credit card debt, student loans, or figuring out how to negotiate a higher salary, there something here for every woman who wants to move from "financial cope" to "financial hope." This year, invest in yourself and read SHOO, JIMMY CHOO!
on January 21, 2010
I'm no finance person. Nor am I much of a self-help book person. But Catey Hill's Shoo, Jimmy Choo! is the perfect book for someone like me. With Catey's guidance, I've learned how to take charge of my financial present and future, even if my past was a little bit checkered. So buy this book - one for yourself, and one for each of your friends with whom you've indulged in those spontaneous shopping binges!
on January 31, 2012
This book was a great investment for me as a 20 something single gal looking to start planning my financial future. To those who say the fashion references are too much... Look at the title! It's meant for the fashionista.

I've gone back to this book time and time again as Ive hit different goals or financial milestones. Let's face it- saving isn't fun, but she certainly made it a lot easier. Her worksheets force you to set clear goals with steps to help you achieve them. I managed to pay off 10 grand in credit card debt in one year because of this! Highly recommend this to anyone starting their first job or taking a fresh look their debt. It was a fun read and very educational. I hope she writes something else!
on December 28, 2009
I've read a couple of books on how get your finances in order. I have to say this book has a little bit of everything. I truly enjoy the chapter of learning regarding types of investments and definitions, since I'm just starting to learn. It's a great book to read and it will give you the insight you will need to get your finances in order and you will learn new things that can help you for retirement.