Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
asked by Richard A. Ruppert on July 26, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Better late than never, but I would suggest shooting in manual mode and using manual focus.You will also benefit from using a tripod. Keep in mind the moon is actually very bright. Use center metering and start at about f8 at 1/60. Review each shot in your viewfinder and be sure to magnify the image to check for proper focus. My (cheap) lens needs to be backed off a bit from infinity for far shots. Bracket you shots by increasing and decreasing exposure slowly. You should end up with some amazing images.
M. Frailing answered on December 4, 2010
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Set your camera on manual. Use an ISO of 125. Set your lens opening to f/16 at 1/125. That will get you a detailed very good image of the moon. A tripod would be suggested. But at these settings, it is not necessarily a must.
Rick answered on April 7, 2014
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Manual mode. Spot metering. f8 or so. 1/250 ISO 400
Michael DeQuardo answered on December 21, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Late answer to frequent question. Use the longest telephoto you can obtain (borrow, rent). Tripod! The exposure is the same you would use in sunlight on earth (duh) because the same sun is illuminating the lit portion of the moon.
G. C. Conklin answered on November 12, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Change the shutter speed to 1/4000
x INSPIR3 x answered on December 10, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
Can I use a 2X Tela convertr with this Lens. and will the AF and IS still work?
William Russo answered on May 23, 2011
Comments (3) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product