Ar500 Steel Targets ShootingTargets7
|Price:||$4.34 - $184.04|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- *SELECT SIZE THEN STYLE NAME ABOVE* Manufactured, sold and shipped EXCLUSIVELY by Shootingtargets7 tm Hudsonville, Michigan.
- 3/16" AR400 targets easily withstand rounds up to 9mm and are the preferred choice for 22lr. These targets are designed to move and ring louder with these smaller rounds.
- 1/4" AR500 targets easily withstand pistol rounds up to 44MAG and are the preferred choice for pistols. These targets are designed to move and ring louder with pistol rounds.
- 3/8" AR500 targets easily withstand rifle rounds up to 7.62 and are the preferred choice for rifles. Ensure speed of bullet in below 2900fps at point of impact to avoid pitting.
- 1/2" AR500 targets easily withstand rifle rounds up to 338. 1/2" are the preferred thickness for rifles used in heavy Club use or Military / Police training. Ensure speed of bullet is below 2900fps at point of impact to avoid pitting.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
My only qualm with these was the way they were shipped. Oh my, I was so sad for the mailman as the package had come apart and the pieces were everywhere. Again, 5 gongs of various sizes and 5 sets of chains were ordered by me, and they were crammed in one USPS box with a board in the bottom to supposedly secure them. Of course, the box couldn't handle the weight. It was in shambles. My friendly postman, thank God, is a nice fellow who made sure I got all of my order. Please guys, I will order from you again if you promise not to use a flimsy, tiny box to ship my stuff. Maybe you can use multiple boxes.
Otherwise, I'm happy.
These are some of the best targets I have ever used, I am going to buy more of these for sure.
The seller shipped my target within one business day of taking the order, USPS Priority Mail. Despite USPS' assertions that it would take more than a week to get here, I got it in three business days.
The edges are well ground with no burrs, and the mounting holes are 1/2'' diameter so you can stick some fairly beefy bolts through it to hang it up.
Though the seller plainly states that you should not use this item with steel-core ammo as it will damage it, we shot it both hanging at 75 yards and sitting angled on the ground at 50 yards with our various mil-surplus steel-core rounds.
At 75 yards, my .30-06 M2 Ball Ammo made the tiniest, lightest little scratch on the surface. At 50 yards (and without the benefit of it being hung to allow it to swing backwards), 8mm Mauser slugs made only a very, very shallow pit (maybe 1mm wide).
These are clearly uses of the target which are not advised, and it held up beautifully. In private use, even abusing it like this, you would need thousands and thousands of hits before the damage would ever amount to something significant. Even ignoring the warning about steel-core ammo (which voids the lifetime warranty), this is still a lifetime target for most shooters.
It's a bit pricey, but it's probably never going to need to be replaced.
One bit of warning: Buy the beefiest chains and toughest bolts you can if you're hanging this target normally. The impact from the big rifle hits you're going to apply (and you are, if you're shopping for this 1/2'' model... :) ) will twist and bend the bolts. Shrapnel from the bullet jackets can easily chew up your chains. Expect to replace these often, and always bring some spares when you head to the range.
What, you STILL reading this? BUY it already....
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1/2" AR 500 At 200 yards and it should stop a 300 Remington ultra mag. 155 grain soft point bullet. It didn'tPublished 1 month ago by Jgoose
The 1/2" target is almost indestructible. I put thousands of rounds into this plate and it keeps on going. Has stopped everything including .50 BMG.Published 3 months ago by drew