Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon November 30, 2009
I used a set of these to replace a very, very cheap bottom-mounted slide mechanism that was worn out to the point it would make the drawer stick and almost fall out of the opening. I'd never done any drawer installation beyond assembling pre-made dressers, so I was completely clueless how to align, measure, or otherwise install drawer slides. It's a lot more involved than I thought, and it was somewhat annoying for a first-timer. I do not place any blame on these drawer slides, it's my own lack of knowledge at fault here.

Anyway, after I spent a while adapting the existing drawer and opening for a side-mounted slide instead of a bottom-mounted slide, the drawer feels incredibly sturdy and slides in and out with ease. If your are familiar with drawer installation, I'm sure you'll also find these slides are top-notch.

For those of you who are as clueless as I was when replacing slides, if you're converting bottom-mounts to side-mounts, make sure the space between the drawer and the cabinet's opening can accommodate the width of the slide. I spent a bit of time with a jigsaw, chisel, and file to expand the opening in order to get the slides installed.
review image
33 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2013
This is a great slider. I have found the same/similar one at Lowes for the same price but with the free shipping it was more convenient.

I am using it for lower cabinet drawers which hold my cast iron pots and pans and it works like a charm with no sag or drag and has a positive (but noit excessive) catch when fully retracted.

I highly recommend this item for anyone needing a solid, smooth drawer guide
review image review image review image review image
on April 9, 2013
In my opinon, there is no better slide on the market for the money. These are super strong, durable and smooth. Don't waste time with inferior slides. Get these and be happy, and save a few bucks too.

The dimesions are as advertised which is nice, and if you need instructions, they are listed on several websites online, just do a bin... goo... yah... search for them. They also release (seperate) really easy and all without worrying about re-inserting issues and lost ball bearings everywhere.

These slides work excellent in conjunction with Kreg mounting tools... Highly recommend, and will buy more in future for sure.

Update (6/10/13)

I noticed that many people are having issues on these do to lack of instructions, etc. So I decided to attach some info that will help. One is the shopfox website, which has the instruction sheet (which gives all specs) the other is to a video link that I think will be more useful. Hope this helps some of you.

For those who want the easiest way to do slides (I use this system to save my time and sanity when I can) the video below shows how to use shopfox full slides with the Kreg system.

33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2011
These are some of the best drawer guides I have used in a long time. They are pricey, so some people may not want to use them for anything other than fine cabinetry. I use them on drawers in my shop because I want drawer guides that allow the drawer to open easily, smoothly, and are easy to install. These fit that bill. I plan on buying about 40 more sets before I am through with my shop. I really like the full extension aspect of these guides. This allows me to see, and get to the back of each drawer. Would recommend if you want a top notch drawer guide.
on March 7, 2011
These slides are heavy duty and should withstand any type of use or abuse. Four stars because they came without any instructions. As any cabinet maker knows the width of the drawer is critical to its operation. The required widths can vary from 1 inch less than the cabinet opening to 1 1/8 inches less. It cost me some time and trial and error to arrive at the correct width for this slide which is 1 1/8 less than the drawer opening.
on March 9, 2012
You get 2 rails, 12 screws and no instructions. Being 100# rails I would assume you'd get enough screws to fill all of the mounting holes. This is not a deal killer but be prepared. The rails themselves seem to be high quality but I am not overly impressed with the smoothness of the slide. These are full extension rails which is what I needed and they do lock in place when closed. I am happy with my purchase and will order again if needed.
on October 3, 2010
I bought these sides for use on deep and wide drawers in some custom shop cabinets I built. These drawers hold power tools and other heavy items and have no problems. I also used a pair of these on a slide out tray to hold my 13" Planer and it handles the weight (more than 85 lbs) with no problems at all. I've been using these sides heavily for several weeks now and they show no signs of failing. There is no wobble or shake, even at full extension with the planer which is very heavy.

They came with no instructions but included mounting screws. They were easy to mount with a standard 1/2" overall mounting depth (I couldn't find this anywhere before they arrived and I measured, even on the ShopFox website) and both mounting "holes" and "slots" for easy adjustment. As soon as my wife lets me I'm going to order 8-10 more sets to finish the garage.
on July 9, 2009
When I originally created my workdesk, I used a cheaper plastic coated slide which had nylon rollers. You find these slides in lower cost furniture. Although they worked, there was a lot of flex and "play" in the drawer and it never felt real sturdy. Not only that, the drawer would fall out sometimes making it not so great.

I saw these Shop Fox slides and I couldn't believe the price! They were almost as low cost as the lesser slides I bought so I didn't know what to expect, but I figured I would take a gamble. As it turns out, I am very happy and surprised by these. The quality is great and now my drawer feels rock solid and the operation is so smooth to boot!

If you are creating a keyboard drawer for your desk, I'd recommend these in a second! The only thing I wish is that they had a "lock" mode when extended. I am always accidentally pushing the drawer in a bit, but that's not a defect with the slide. It's just my application.
on February 5, 2015
Just what I was looking for. My old sliders didn't support the weight of all my tools but these bad boys are heavy duty. Installation in my case required a lot of thinking and getting numbers right. Thankfully everything came out well. 3 screws per slider (plus 3 for drawer) were enough to hold things in place.
review image review image review image review image
on February 3, 2012
These slides were perfect for the application I had in mind for them; drawers for a shop cabinet I build in my woodshop. They would work equally well in just about any application calling for full-extension drawer slides. I can offer only one suggestion for improvement; include a small insert to the packing noting that these slides have no left/right orientation. One can install them on either side.