Shop Fox W1829 Benchtop Jointer
Shop Fox W1829 6-Inch Benchtop Jointer
Achieve precise results when you plane wood using the Shop Fox W1829 benchtop jointer. This jointer can produce straight, flat faces on a workpiece and properly square it for further layout, construction, or joining. It contains a 1-1/2-horsepower, single-phase motor and a two-knife cutter head that operates at 10,000 RPM and makes 20,000 cuts per minute. A fine-adjust, in-feed table knob enables you to precisely control the cutting depth. Thanks to a fully adjustable fence and a quick-adjustment knife design, the jointer can be used for bevel jointing up to 45-degrees without the need for a knife setting jig.
Integral Dust Collection System
The W1829 features a built-in mini impeller that sucks the wood chips away from the cutterhead and blows them out the 2-1/2-inch dust port. A dust connection filter chute, sized to fit a standard galvanized trash can, helps corral dust and particles and keep your workspace clean.
Surface Planing, Edge Jointing, Bevel Cutting
This benchtop jointer is capable of performing surface planing, edge jointing and bevel cuts with ease. The easy-to-adjust fence has stops that simplify the task of adjusting the fence to 45-degrees inward, 90-degrees, and 45-degrees outward (135-degrees). If your application requires a different angle, the preset fence stops can be easily adjusted for your desired angle.
This full 6-inch capacity Jointer combines rugged cast iron construction in a compact benchtop design. With features like a large fully adjustable cast iron fence, quick adjustment knife design, bevel jointing up to 45-degrees, and built in mini impeller actually sucks the chips away from the cutterhead and blows them out the dust port. A dust connection filter chute sized to fit a standard galvanized trash can is also included to keep things neat and tidy.
Specifications and Features
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110 volt, 12 Amp, 60 Hz
- Precision-ground cast iron table size: 28/1/2 length x 6-1/4-inch width
- Precision-ground cast iron fence size: 22-7/8 length x 4-5/16-inch width
- Fence stops: 45 and 90-degrees
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8-inch
- Cutterhead: 2-knife (HSS)
- Knife size: 6 x 7/8 x 3/32-inch
- Cutterhead speed: 10,000 RPM
- Cuts per minute: 20,000
- Built-in vacuum system controls dust and shavings, eliminating the need for a separate dust collector (2-1/2-inch dust port)
- Fine-adjust infeed table knob for precise control of cutting depth
- Easily mounts to a table or workbench
- Approximate weight: 80 pounds