Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Price:$98.99+ $11.08 shipping

on April 12, 2013
I can't say this vacuum sucks. The motor is underpowered. The container is only 1/2 full (one cleaning) when the pre filter clogs, the motor starts screaming & the air flow stops. The hose holds ash inside of itself so when you disconnect it the ash falls on the floor. The hose is short. The cord is short.

If you use this for a once a year grill cleaning you might be happy. If you have a wood stove do not consider this unit.
33 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
We purchased this for an ash vac for our new pellet stove. It is wonderful. If I had any wishes, it would be for a crevice tool. But I'm sure I can use one from a different vac.
on May 5, 2013
Comlaints:
LOUD! (but most shop-vacs are)
Coal Ash (with a little bit of wood ash) plugs up air filter almost immediately! (THIS IS MY CHIEF COMPLAINT)
Short hose (4 ft.) - My fault as it was stated in the ad but I chose to believe it would be okay.
No attachments (can't use other shop-vac attachments since this is 1.5" instead of 1.25")
Short Power Cord
No bag available for it (at least not listed on shop-vac website that I can find).
Praises:
Nice Canister
Motor will probably run a long time
Looks nice

One of the poorest decisions I've made in Amazon purchases. Would not recommend. Threw away the box, otherwise I would return it.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
A christmas present that was well recd and used frequently. Warning it is loud but does a great job! Price was awesome- I looked around
on January 17, 2013
Great price for a very high quality ash vac. We have now been using it for well over two months and have not had any problems with it.
on December 30, 2013
This was purchased to clean our pellet stove.
The vacuum works great. The only problem I had was I thought there was no filter. It is installed inside the outer filter. If you unclip the clips you will see the filter.
We bought a regular shop-vac with a blower and it didn't work as well as this one.
on December 11, 2013
terrible vac. I wish I would have bought a different one. It is loud which I could deal with. I used it 2 times and the filter clogged causing my whole house to be filled with dust. DO NOT BUY, spring for something more expensive that isn't terrible like this
on April 9, 2013
it is the greatest procuct I'm 85 and have a bad knee and I could not get down to clean the fireplace so I really needed it when I saw an ASH SHOP VAC i knew I had to have ti works perfect I love it I have recommende it to everyone I know.
on December 31, 2013
Messy because the filter clogs quickly and getting it to work again for a few more se onds was a disaster. Far better off with a shovel and trash bag closed with each scoop.
on January 3, 2014
Very strong suction and well made. Hose is short as well as the cord but neither are a deal breaker for me.