5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, flexible, affordable, durable, lovable.
Published on May 8, 2007 by Jersey Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars It'll Do
Published on August 30, 2009 by James J. Lutz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, flexible, affordable, durable, lovable., May 8, 2007
This review is from: Shop-Vac 962-06-00 6-Gallon 3-Horsepower Ultra Plus Wet/Dry Vacuum (Tools & Home Improvement)
Mighty Mouse isn't the only one who can save the day. This vacuum is there when you're in a jam. My predicament was a tiled shower floor that I could not regrout - the surface beneath the tiles was draining so poorly that it stayed wet - the grout would never set. The mildew thrived and I cussed. Finally, I tried the Shop Vac with crevice tool. It pulled all the water from beneath the tiles in a few minutes. The grout set.

We have a cat that sometimes overdoes munching on grass and up it comes, on the carpet. I spent over $50 on a special vacuum to clean that kind of mess up. Now I can see that the Shop Vac can handle the same job almost as easily. If you've got pets, your gonna love this little machine.

The wheels and handle make it a easy to roll or carry around the house. The collection container is a cinch to rinse clean. I also like the fact that this model will accept nearly every special purpose accessory, including disposable bags, foam filters for messy liquid situations, HEPA filters for allergy situations, and more. I'm almost looking forward to the next messy situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 9, 2007
When my husband requested a wet dry vac for Christmas I was a bit panic stricken as I know nothing about choosing that sort of product. After a little research I selected this item and hoped for the best. My husband who runs a plumbing and heating company has said this product has saved the day more then once. It's great for cleaning up debris after a dirty job. His comments are that it has lots of power and suction, a good selection of attachments and it is very quiet. A great, reliable product at a good price. We recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bang for the Buck!, October 17, 2008
This unit was easy to assemble and has nice design features. Its smaller 6 gallon size makes using it on a regular basis a breeze. You will not break your back lugging it around. The Shop Vac has a large handle on top and pulls easily on four large swiveling casters. It comes with an effective air filter that gets the job done. Also included, is one disposable bag. I recommend the purchase of additional bags - they come in a handy three-pack. However, if you don't mind dumping Shop Vac's contents manually, then please disregard my suggestion.

My main use for this machine is keeping my large front porch area clean and maintaining some semblance of a tidy garage floor. Obviously, the dry suction feature of the Shop Vac is the reason for my purchase. Given the excellent construction of this unit, I can only surmise that Shop Vac's ability to suck-up standing water will be equally as impressive as it's dry function has been for me.

Final thought: This is an excellent value for under $60 if your needs are for ordinary standard usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient size, August 31, 2008
This was bought as a replacement to a shop-vac that we had for years and finally quit for good. The vac was purchased for a small basement that serves as a large storm cellar. When it rains a great deal we get puddles and this vac does the job of getting rid of the wet while the size makes it convenient to dump into sump hole or tote upstairs if required.
Once in awhile our sump pump will fail and parts of the floor will be wet as a result. This vac is great for getting a wet floor dry again. The tank capacity is about as big as a person wants to lug around.

3.0 out of 5 stars It'll Do, August 30, 2009
The original shipment arrived without a caster insert. Not sure who was responsible, Amazon or ShopVac. Returned and a replacement was promptly sent. The unit performs as described. It works o.k. for routine vacuuming (workbench, autos, etc.), but the 3 hp motor underperforms for getting dog hair and fibers up. The floor/upholstery tool is cheap-- needs a fiber insert to work up imbedded material. The more expensive 6 hp units probably perform better. It would be nice if it had a locking caster to keep it from rolling down the driveway when vacuuming the cars. The cord is very short and an extension cord is required. I haven't used it for the wet application, but suspect it works just o.k. as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars tiny objects only, September 8, 2009
as a dry vac, you will spend more time unclogging the hose. the hose only has an 1" opening if your really have a job for this shop vac, that you wouldn't ask of your vacum cleaner it's going to be stop and go detaching the hose to reatach it to the blower side to try to get something minor as paper not over the size of a bubble gum wrapper with 3 small less then an inch dirt clogs will stop this shop vac in it's tracks.. Pros,, can see how it would make a decent wet vac for just having to suck up water.... Seems like a decent motor and power to it...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Shop Vac, November 9, 2009
This is a great little shop vac. Perfect for vacuuming out the car/truck. Its small and light weight and doesn't get in the way. I personally would have preferred a longer power cord and some kind of hose mount (like the way you wrap up the power cord up) for when you store it away. I haven't sucked any liquids up yet, so I cannot comment on that. Its powerful enough for all my needs and seems that it would last a lifetime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sucks like mad (in a good way), December 25, 2009
Art History Professor (The wonderful Midwest) - See all my reviews
I have been very happy with this little Shop Vac; it has more attachments than I would ever need and has enough power to help me clean up water in the basement and all the other odds and ends about the house. My only complaint is with the length of the power cord, which cannot be loner than six feet. You must have a extension cord handy unless you want to move it from outlet to outlet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all purpose vacuum., April 8, 2009
Pros: Nice suction, durable, easy maintenance.

Cons: Side latches that hold the top of the vacuum down come free fairly easily, which can be annoying.

Otherwise a very good vacuum.

4.0 out of 5 stars shop-vac good, September 12, 2009
C. Bechtel (Sparks, NV United States) - See all my reviews
I needed a vac that could run for a half hour steady and still last at a low price. So far this shop-vac has met that and is running strong. It picks up the fine dust in my work space which is what I need. The only complaint is the power cord could be longer.Shop-Vac 962-06-00 6-Gallon 3-Horsepower Ultra Plus Wet/Dry Vacuum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›