5.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of ONE--and FANTASTIC movies
Published 8 months ago by Mark Myword

3.0 out of 5 stars No CC: on Short Circuit!
I loved Short Circuit 2, but on this DVD, since I'm deaf, Short Circuit was a -- short circuit: There're no subtitles OR closed captioning for the movie, so for me it was a waste. I'll keep my old VHS tape for that. Why is there cc: on the tape, but not on the DVD? -- Not even ANALOG cc:, much less a menu with subtitles. CHEAP!
Published on August 10, 2012 by Helge Skjeveland

3.0 out of 5 stars No CC: on Short Circuit!, August 10, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Number 5 lives on in DVD format, May 28, 2013
These films were by no means masterpieces, but they were fun and pleasant, and this set was well worth the price. All you get is one 2-sided disc, meaning the only label is near the center hole and almost needs a magnifying glass to read. Mine was mislabeled (the side with Short Circuit 1 was labeled Short Circuit 2, and vice versa) but that's a minor problem. I once bought a Cyndi Lauper 45 that was the same way. The movies themselves were as cute and funny as I remembered. Fisher Stevens (Early Edition) appears in both as Ben, the Indian scientist who carries on a hilarious, ongoing struggle with American slang. Steve Guttenberg was miscast as Number 5's inventor in the first film; he just didn't seem to need to even be there, and he was not missed at all in the sequel. In SC 2, Cynthia Gibb made a much more interesting female lead than Ally Sheedy did in the first. And I'm sure a lot of viewers will be relieved that Number 5 (later called Johnny) didn't spend nearly as much time watching TV in SC 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of ONE--and FANTASTIC movies, January 12, 2014
I loved the original Short Circuit--then found the sequel--both are fantastic movies that have you laughing from start to finish. The only drawback--if you can call it that, is that it's a double-sided DVD which is not my favorite format--I prefer separate discs; but I've used both sides a couple of times now--showed them to my grandkids who are old enough to handle the material (I think it's PG-13), and they positively loved the movies. A certain *other* movie came out which seems to have taken a LOT of material (most particularly the actual design of the robot) and produced a fairly well known motion picture much later--this one (Short Circuit) was made before all the computer generated hocus pocus--and still beats that one like a drum. Get this and treat yourself to some really great laughs.

5.0 out of 5 stars still great, February 7, 2014
my hubby & I saw these in the theater when they were first released. My son saw them on TV & just loved them so I had to get the DVD. They are not dated & I enjoyed them just as much today as when I first saw them, my 2 & 7 yr olds love them too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Movie, January 31, 2014
J. Reulet (Baton Rouge, LA) - See all my reviews
My active grandson enjoyed these two movies. I feel Short Circuit is a little more entertaining and better than Short Circuit 2. The main reason for the 4 star rating is I was disappointed the movies are not on individual discs. Short Circuit in on one side and Short Circuit 2 is on the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clean comedy for the whole family, July 12, 2014
Cuzilla47 (Greenfield, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Good clean comedy for the whole family. Perker Stevens is a scream. If this is the future of robotics, I'm all for it. Go Johnny 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 9, 2014
Excellent for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars the kid loves it, June 14, 2014
I got this movie for a 7 yo coz his mom wanted to get it for him, he watches it frequently

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, June 8, 2014
One of the times where the sequel is as good if not better than the original. And such a good deal in this combo pack. Input, input, input

5.0 out of 5 stars classic movies, June 3, 2014
My seven year old daughter caught the first one on tv and asked for it on dvd so I bought both of them for her and she loves them. The condition was new and the delivery was swift.

Short Circuit/Short Circuit 2 [Blu-ray]
Short Circuit/Short Circuit 2 [Blu-ray] by Kenneth Johnson (Blu-ray)
Out of stock