Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shorts International Presents: Oscar Winning Short Films [Blu-ray DVD Combo]
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

I've always loved short film, although I admit I haven't seen enough of them. Even the Oscar nominated ones are hard to find. I decided to buy this BD on a whim because it was different and I wanted to support short works of cinema. I'm SO glad I did! Without a doubt, this is now one of my most cherished blu rays.

My expectations were low. I wasn't expecting the transfers to be good, to be honest I was expecting DVD-quality at best, but oh no! The transfers are GLORIOUSLY pristine. High definition at its best. The animation is as bright and glossy as anything Pixar could produce and the live action is just as good. The only transfer that was disappointing, as far as HD is concerned, was "West Bank Story" which looks about DVD-quality to me.

But enough talk about the picture quality - the films themselves are just as awesome! Witty, genius stories that provide sharp cultural commentary, full of emotion, humor--sometimes both--thought-provoking, smart, I could go on and on. It's hard to smash brilliance in 20 minutes or less, but all these films do it perfectly. Not a bad one in the bunch.

OVERALL: Shockingly professional Blu Ray and some of the best short films you're ever going to see. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on August 14, 2014
I'm a screen- and TV writing prof, and every one of the live-action shorts in this collection is perfect for my Intro to Screenwriting class, where students write several short scripts for production the following semester. These are all beautifully structured stories, with fully-realized characters and imaginative premises. My favorites are "God of Love" (a stellar use of voice-over narration and direct address) and "The New Tenants" (wonderfully twisty plot). "Toyland" is a bit of a tear-jerker, but it's brief enough and sufficiently tightly-structured so that it works. A simple story, with strong performances. "West Bank Story," which went viral several years ago, is a fine parody with a strong streak of satire. It's on-the-nose, true, but get over it: the dancing and singing are terrific. I showed my classes the opening sequence of "West Side Story" to start (many of them were unfamiliar with it), then screened "West Bank Story." Not so sure I'd screen it now, what with the unrest in Gaza; on the other hand, perhaps it would provoke some meaningful discussion.
on August 25, 2014
I bought it as a gift for my girlfriend. It is everything I expected, and she loved it. It has both DVD and Blu Ray, which is cool, and has a good amount of high quality shorts.
on May 22, 2015
Love this collection. Always great when they make something available in dual format.
on February 25, 2015
Kids like it, but not as much as some others we have.
on July 16, 2013
I haven't seen all of the short in this disk, but so far I really liked all of the films and I'm looking forward to the other films.
on September 1, 2015
this was terrible! After reading the reviews, I was so excited to see it, but it's nothing like Disney shorts as people said. There was only one I could even make it all the way through. I'm sure glad I didn't have my kids with me watching it!
No subtitules in spanish
on April 20, 2013
Not worth spending the money on. A DvD compiling the finalists for 2011 would have been great. Writing more words to comply with the required review minimum is a waste of time.
on December 23, 2012
I'm sure that the disc will be great.!!!!!
I'm very familiar with Warner Bros woek.
And I have total confidence in them.!!!!!!!!!!!