5.0 out of 5 stars From the Board Games Editor at BellaOnline.com
Everyone loves a New York Sunday crossword puzzle, for many people who can't get the New York Times on a daily basis because of geography or finances, the Sunday puzzles are the only ones they ever do. They're truly the most finely-crafted large crosswords available.

Published on December 5, 2005 by Megan Romer

2.0 out of 5 stars Lazy editing
I love New York Times puzzles and puzzle collections, but this one is a big disappointment. Of the first 37, I had done fully a dozen of them in the last such book I bought. There's really no excuse for such excessive repetition.
Published on July 4, 2010 by R. K. Crispin HindeRuchell

5.0 out of 5 stars From the Board Games Editor at BellaOnline.com, December 5, 2005
This review is from: The New York Times Will Shortz's Favorite Sunday Crossword Puzzles: From the Pages of The New York Times (Spiral-bound)

The puzzles are bigger than the Times daily puzzles, and although they are only the same difficulty level as your average Thursday puzzle, they take much longer to solve because of their mammoth size.

This is a great collection of puzzles that any crossword puzzle fan should have in their just-in-case arsenal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for the addicted., January 9, 2007
BosGav (CA in my heart) - See all my reviews
After seeing the movie "Wordplay," my wife became interested in solving the NY Times crossword puzzle and is now addicted. This book was the perfect gift for a vacation to a place where getting the newspaper is not so easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars mhvmike, February 10, 2007
Mike G (Mentone, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm down to the last puzzle and need to order another book of crosswords. I hope I can find one as good as this one. I've really enjoyed working these unique crosswords. If you like hard but clever puzzles, there's 50 in this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lazy editing, July 4, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, August 16, 2011
I thought crossword puzzles were doomed when Eugene Maleska died - but
Will Shortz does a great job editing and this edition is one of the best yet -
great themes and a little harder than usual. I've been doing crosswords since I
was 8 years old (I'm 68) and only do the New York Sunday Times. Buy this edition - very enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard, Challenging, Love/Hate Thing, November 2, 2011
I love this crossword puzzle book. I like to work on crossword puzzles for days and even weeks. I think this one will take a year!
Don't get me wrong... I am enjoying the challenge.
I specifically like the larger Sunday puzzles that are themed with hidden clues. They are puzzles within puzzles.
My Mom always did crossword puzzles when I was growing up. I'd say that's where I picked up the bug. If you like a challenge buy this book! And - use a pencil!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one, March 22, 2012
Will Shortz always provides good "think out of the box" puzzles. This book has puzzles rated one, two or three trees. Several of the the three tree puzzles have defeated me, mainly because the clues refered to a subject I knew absoutely nothing about....didn't have a clue. The three trees I solved were highly satisfying. Nice page size, hard cover and spiral bound. A bit on the heavy side due to the quantity of puzzles, so it did not work out as a good book to travel with, but is great to keep on my breakfast table for kickstarting my brain in the morning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Puzzles Difficult and Type Print Too Small, June 21, 2013
The type is much too small to be comfortably read. Don't even consider working with someone else as a "team" unless you plan to continually pick up the book to read the type.

Also, beware. The difficulty level is fairly high on these puzzles. (We purchased this book only because it was rated an Amazon #Best Seller.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Type set too small, January 2, 2013
Heather (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Dad's birthday as he loves crossword puzzles. Unfortunately because he is older, his eyesight isn't the best.
The puzzle size and typeset is really small and I fear he will struggle to read the clues and insert the letters into the boxes. Too bad as I'm sure the puzzles themselves are very good.

3.0 out of 5 stars the print is too small, March 7, 2013
These are very challenging which is okay. I had to photo copy the one I'm working on to make it larger. My eyes aren't what they used to be, and if I'd seen it in the real world I probably wouldn't have purchased it.

Used & New from: $12.00