Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 30, 2011
"A Shot in the Arm" gave me whole new perspective on the personal side of medical professionals. As someone who spent way more time in the clutches of doctors, nurses, and hospitals than anyone should have to, Kris Harty came through with a deep appreciation for the support medical professionals, particularly nurses, can give to the chronically ill. We often see them as the 'bad guys' who make us do unpleasant things and who are there for the really unpleasant times in our lives without thinking of the toll it must take on them to be the person who has to inflict pain or unpleasantness even when it is necessary. I highly recommend "A Shot in the Arm" for the medical professional in your life. Its is definitely a Thank You for those who do so many necessary thankless tasks.
on July 4, 2011
This book captures the heart and soul of Kris Harty's journey as a patient navigating the medical field. It is incredibly inspiring and wonderfully down to earth. Kris provides details of her own struggles with medical challenges and the wide variety of reactions of various health care providers.

I could not put this book down. It is one of the most heart warming stories that I have read. I cannot recommend it highly enough!
on July 1, 2011
I bought this book because we just lost my mother-in-law a month ago and the nursing staff that cared for her in her last days were simply amazing. Caring, thoughtful, empathetic. I recognized their colleagues in the pages of Kris Harty's book. But it wasn't just about the wonderful nurses and doctors Harty encountered on her journey. The story is also about loss, laughter, love and perseverance. I cried when she wrote about some of the losses she experienced. I smiled when I recognized that stubborn patient that lurks in all of us. I laughed at her unique and funny perspective on some of the curves life has thrown at her. It was a quick read initially but found myself going back to read certain chapters and finding new meaning each time. Highly recommend this book!
on July 19, 2011
Kris describes a lifetime journey navigating the healthcare system to treat chronic illness. Kris is honest and insightful. She shares her story with humor, focusing on the positive StickSpirits in her life. But as nothing is perfect in life, she also touches on those that weren't. Even if you aren't in the healthcare field, most people could probably identify those in their lives that have supported them and think of times when they have supported others. Thought provoking and uplifting. Kris' attitude is one of working through the challenges and finding a way to do what she needs or wants to do. Positive attitude is just the beginning for her.
on July 20, 2011
After reading Kris' book I walked away with a much greater understanding and appreciation for the power of humble service and the impact the littlest action can make. She drew me in with her conversational style of writing. I especially liked the quotes she included throughout the book. If you are a health care provider, you need to read this book. It will encourage your heart.
on August 9, 2011
Kris Harty is amazing, and her book tells why.
She has gone through more pain than I can imagine.
From the depths of despair to a top rated speaker on perseverance, Kris tells her story by giving thanks to those unsung heroes, the caregivers.
The book is simple, straightforward, from her heart, and inspirational.
If Kris can do it, you can too.
If you are a caregiver, then this little Thank You will lift your spirits.
The Stickability message is simple:
Stick to the plan
Stick out your hand
Stick together.
Read the book to learn the details.