5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product

3.0 out of 5 stars I was liking this until
Published 17 months ago by Monette L. Bebow Reinhard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, May 12, 2013
This review is from: He Shou Wu for Gray Hair - Chinese Herb Stimulates Hair Growth - Most Powerful Shou Wu Available - FREE GIFT WITH 3 BOTTLE PURCHASE! (Health and Beauty)
I am a 54 year old, Mexican-American Woman. No matter what hair product I tried, my hair was dull, had been increasingly graying and had begun to become noticeably thin on top (the hair part was bigger) and a widow's peak was becoming pronounced. Whenever I washed my hair, I would have a large amount of hair loss. In addition, I hated to color my hair because really large amounts of hair would come out due to the chemicals. I had only previously experienced this type of hair loss after childbirth, with hair recovery shortly thereafter - otherwise had excellent hair in life until perimenopause began at age 47. Read about He Shou Wu in "Woman's World" magazine. Have not colored my hair in 4 months and have been using the product for a little over three months. Within 1 month, began to see natural shine return. After 2 months, began to feel some fullness and body return. Now, after 3 months can definitely say that my hair growth has improved greatly and have not had to color my hair. Can see new growth filling in widow's peak area and along hairline (some gray but mostly black). Can feel fullness on top of head and can see that the hair part-line is not so prominent. My hair color is phenomenal. Although still some gray, it is no where near as gray as it would have been and gray hairs seem to be less pronounced and fading to black. Another complement is that my eyebrows have begun to grow in. Every morning I closely stare at my hair and am actually amazed at the improvement. Wish I would have taken some before and afters, but was skeptical and didn't take the time. I can only hope that if you try it works as well for you as it did for me. p.s. Other factors include that I have taken a daily multi-vitamin and an extra B-complex for years, but also began a copper supplement along with the HeShouWu. Good luck to you.

Update: 04/27/14 One year later. This product works. New hair is continually growing in - and most importantly, growing in as black NOT gray. I am still dyeing hair but very infrequently. Hair is fully, shinier, healthier. Much, much, less hair falling out when shampooing (used to be at least 30 strands now down to 3) and hair brushing. Eyebrows are fuller and although still not exactly where I want them to be, are getting closer to my pre-80's tweezing debacle. Latest good news - eyelashes are fuller and longer. Okay, take care, good luck, and I hope you find success with your health and in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chinese herbs are not quick acting drugs, April 10, 2013
The reviewers here do not understand herbal medicine. This herbal formula is not meant to be merely a medicine to restore hair color despite its name. It got its name because of the herb he shou wu, just one of the herbs contained in it, has a reputation for improving the hair and restoring color. But Chinese herbalism is holistic and has as its aim to restore balance and health to the whole person. Graying hair, particularly premature grating is seen as a sign of imbalance and diminished health. The formulas primary goal is to increase overall health and thereby in time it often will improve the health and youthfulness of the hair as well. That particular effect might not appear for many months. To expect to see significant changes in the hair in three months or less is ridiculous. What you should look for is whether you are seeing signs of improved health such as energy, sleep, mood, digestion etc. if you want to learn more Letha hadaddys book is good. You can learn to use Chinese tongue analysis to help you evaluate how herbs are working for you by looking at tongue coloration, coating, etc. this herbal formula would be contraindicated for someone with digestive weakness no matter if they have gray hair or not.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was liking this until, February 14, 2013
I know I know - my hair will always still be gray. But there is some color in my gray that I don't think would be there otherwise. This is one of those products where you can't really listen to anyone else though. Like any other vitamin, it depends on what your body needs. I could swear, though, that even though I'm still gray, my hair's in better condition and I feel better, too, than when I'm not taking it. And too, you have to take it as it says, on an empty stomach. So I take it first thing in the morning now. Let's face it, there are those of us who just want a little more color back and don't want the all over dye job again. I'm going to keep using this.

UPDATE: I suggest people stop all use of this until further notice. I have developed a gall bladder problem and while I don't know if it's related to extended use of this, I don't plan to take any more until the problem goes away. I think there can always be a problem when introducing anything foreign into your system meant just to make you look better. If you have a bottle and have no trouble, finish it but take a break before starting another.

3.0 out of 5 stars be careful., January 13, 2014
Yes, this product does what it's intended to do, but there may be unwelcome side effects if taken incorrectly. Chinese herbs are not intended to be self prescribed and are almost never taken as a single herb. Most older people cannot tolerate He Shou Wu on its own. It can make you ill, as one reviewer noted. This does not mean there is something wrong with the product. It's like prescribing prescription medicine without being a doctor. Might seem like a good idea until you make yourself sick. If you want to take this product, make an appointment with someone who practices Traditional Chinese Medicine -- call up your local acupuncturist and ask them if this product is right for you. It's powerful medicine, but don't risk your health to make your hair black if you don't know what you're doing.

4.0 out of 5 stars One month review, July 7, 2013
I haven't used this product for the recommended time yet, almost one month so far, but in this short amount of time, I can honestly see the difference in the gray hairs I presently have. No joke - the grays have actually started to change back to my natural hair color! Over the past year, I've had to touch up the grays twice a month because they were growing in too fast to keep up with. Since I started using the He Shou Wu vitamin, I haven't used the hair coloring yet this past month! No exaggeration! I'm in awe of how quickly this product is starting to work. I'm definitely going to continue using it and hoping to see the results in the thickness of my hair too.

2.0 out of 5 stars As Promissed Quality, But No Effect, April 25, 2012
The product is packed safely and looks as described. I have purchased a 3 months supply and the only effect I've noticed could be a slightly thicker and rigid fiber, despite this is not the effect I was looking after. I was hoping to stop the graying process and it seems this product didn't work at all in my case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, November 17, 2012
I am still taking this, it's been 3 months and I can't tell anything yet.. Will update if I see growth

5.0 out of 5 stars no gray hair, July 2, 2013
I have been using He Shou Wu for about four months now. I was coloring my hair every three months. Now I am coloring my hair about every 5 months.

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncertain if it worked., August 25, 2011
I tried the complete bottle as time suggested, I may have worked can not really tell a difference, but my hair has grown some.Perhaps more would have shown a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
This was a great purchase!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›