Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Should I buy Roku XD or HD? My TV is 720p. My TV (2 years old) is 720p. Is there an advantage in buying the Roku XD over the Roku HD? Will the XD work with a 720p TV?
asked by Cousin Sam on November 25, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Their HD model streams at a max of 720p, while their more expensive models go up to 1080*. That asterix denotes that the detail is pursuant to what carriers offer. Example; Netflix only streams in 720p.

Give a look at what the options are. If you want other components like a usb pnp, than upgrade, however the base model will support your tv. No need to get one that supports 1080 when you have 720p. Save your money and buy me a beer for good advice.
Dan answered on January 19, 2011
Comment (1) | 17 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Bona Na Croin answered on December 30, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have a older (tube-type) TV and the wireless router is on another floor.
The HD works great and gets a max strength signal.
Jim answered on December 5, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
when buying something like this you need to take into your current needs and think what you might want to do (or in the case upgrade to) in the future
they both will work as long as you have a HDMI cable and an available cable (you could also play through the RCA [red yellow and white] cables
if your planning on upgrading to a 1080i or 1080p tv then get the XD
or if you have a dual band router get the XD|S
but I recommend using ethernet its more reliable and less prone to interference
Max Raschke answered on January 24, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The differences are on the Roku site. The XD has exended range wireless, that's what I would go with. http://shop.roku.com/Roku-Streaming-Player-Options-W5.aspx
Timothy Bury answered on November 26, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product