Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2010 9:45:35 PM PDT
C. Panther says:
I played the P3 FES like 3 times through and loved it, my favorite game. Does this portable version have differences that would make me need to play it?

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 8:50:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2010 8:50:58 AM PDT
If you have played P3 FES, you have played the best version, though the only main differences of this is some extra dugneon I believe, female character and different character links for her, this also lacks the 3dmodels on exploration while in town, not that it ruins the experience from what ive heard from friends that imported it, and actually makes it less tedious after a while when moving your character around while on day, also this one lacks the P3 FES content.

I in my case, never got the chance to play P3 so this is a perfect chance to catch up, since I hate how upscaled PS2 games look on HDTV, never could get used to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2010 10:27:03 AM PDT
C. Panther says:
I just wonder if the female protagonist has a different story or what not. If I decide to get this, then I will also need to get a PSP :P Which I dont know much about.

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 3:34:22 PM PDT
I own ALL the games in this series so far..Obviously can't have the PSP version yet But, I am getting it to add to my collection. PLus I just ordered up myself a PSP until now I've been "borrowing" my 18 year old sons. I have found MANY games that I might not have seen or heard about if not for the PSP.
I say if you can afford it then why not?

Posted on Jun 11, 2010 8:22:26 PM PDT
You'll also be getting various gameplay features from P4, and, knowing Atlus and the Megaten team, probably some other little extras here and there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2010 7:22:07 PM PDT
R. Thompson says:
There aren't any differences to the overall ending or the main events of the story, but you can change what happens to a certain character depending on how far you get into his/her social link. You can also change the ending slightly during a New Game+ playthrough, though it's nothing major.

The main reason you'd want to buy this (and the main reason I'm getting it) apart from the social link changes would be the revamped battle system, since you can control your party members directly in battle and decide their skills a la Persona 4.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - Sony PSP
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - Sony PSP by Atlus Video Games (Sony PSP)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (129)