Customer Discussions > Mass Effect - PC forum

Should I buy this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2012 1:04:38 PM PST
Hello

I just recently beat ME2 and have ME3 Preordered. The Problem is I have a PS3 and of course ME1 wasn't released on that system. So I am wondering, would I like ME on the PC? I don't play computer games, the last ones I played were roller coaster tycoon, sim city 3000 and Red Alert. Would I need a controller? How much different it is from PS3? How long does it take to beat? Anything else I should consider? Plz let me know what you think

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 11:00:55 PM PST
Adam S. says:
This is kind of late notice now, but hopefully you'll read this. The whole allure of the mass effect series is that you get to experience Shepeard across time and that the game imports your previous save. That being said, playing mass effect 1 on the PC will not truly help the experience because you don't live with the decisions in ME 3. I was an Xbox person when I first played ME, but now I'm a PC gamer indefinitely. However, I will make the first game purchase for my 360 in a year just to get the cross-over of my save file. I would recommend that you either do a complete flip to PC for the ME series exclusively soy you get the full trilogy experience. I understand though that you might not want to do this like myself; in which case you should just read a wiki page or article that sums up the game to soak up the story. As to the trivial questions, it can take anywhere from six to twenty hours to beat, there shouldn't be much difference in graphics or gameplay, and unless you are worthless with a mouse and keyboard you don't need a controller ( you might even find like myself that the controller is more limiting than it is a feature). Just make sure that you're computer is less than three years old if you want to run ME3. Up to sevenish years old should be good enough though for ME1

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 10:23:42 AM PST
thanks for your help
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mass Effect - PC forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect - PC
Mass Effect - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (536)