Customer Discussions > Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 360 forum

Should I buy this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2012 3:55:26 PM PDT
A lot of people are saying that the demo was horrible. I liked it. But the question is, is it worth $60 and should I buy it? Also any info on the multiplayer?

Posted on May 21, 2012 10:45:26 PM PDT
I loved the demo. Amazing graphics and great realistic gun play.
I got it pre ordered and cant wait for it to come out.
Online looks really good. Watched a few videos of multiplayer and there's a lot of customization like mask and clothing and lots of guns customization.
One thing I'm concerned about is how many people are gonna be playing it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 1:45:08 AM PDT
I wasn't thrilled with the demo (it actually made me want the game far less), but looking past the graphics, which seemed dated to me, I'm still curious as to how this will pan out.

I'm at least waiting for reviews on this one. If the story is somehow better than watching "Apocalypse Now", then I'm probably buying.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 8:03:11 AM PDT
Graphicsk don't look outdated to me at all. I think it's the best graphics on a video game iv played. The characters look real, the environment is stunning and weapons all look Real.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 3:10:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2012 3:10:42 PM PDT
I have the same exact feelings as m. Brown The demo was great but nobody else is talking about this game, so I have my doubts about it

Posted on May 24, 2012 11:22:21 AM PDT
J. Johnson says:
Am I gonna to buy it? Well, I guess I'm sorta on the fence...
I really enjoyed the gameplay and cut-scenes the demo displayed.
The graphics were very good: not the best but certainly not the worst either.

I think this game's strongest elements are its story and personality.
Nolan North was a great choice for the voice of the Captain.
(he was the voice of Nathan Drake in the "Uncharted" Series)

I guess I'm on the fence though because I'm a huge fan of "Apocalypse Now".
Taking that storyline and moving it from Vietnam to the Middle East is a big risk.
So I guess I'm waiting to hear some reviews before I give up my $60 for it...

Cheers.

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:13:55 PM PDT
I wouldn't say the graphics are the best I've seen but they certainly didn't look outdated. I would say it stands up to most of the top tier games that are released today. I very much enjoyed the demo and the game immediately went from being entirely off my radar to nearly a must have...I only say nearly simply because I haven't heard a lot about the length of the campaign or variety of multiplayer modes included. If the campaign is a decent length and the multiplayer modes seem interesting I will be all in...I was really hoping for co-op but I can't seem to find any info making me believe it will exist.

Posted on May 30, 2012 8:38:44 PM PDT
Mikal says:
This game was not on my radar but after playing the demo I was impressed. I enjoyed the helicopter shooting section and it was entertaining to watch the destruction I could do to the buildings like blowing out windows. The chatter between members kept me tuned in. I did not like the separate buttons to run for cover then another button to hurtle obstacles, very annoying. The only other disappointment is when the game dictates when I will walk and run as I am talking. I felt it took me away from the experiance. Will I buy this for $60? No. At $50, yes, Amazon is offering an$10 gift card so now I will buy it. It was interesting enough for me to see how the story develops. The gun play was decent. Although my AI partners seem to be better shooters than I.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 9:46:48 PM PDT
I hated the helicopter part but the rest was gold.
That helicopter scene is in every shooter iv played so it's just old.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:43:02 PM PDT
I've only heard maybe 2 people say they didn't like the demo...maybe. Certainly not "a lot of people". The consensus seems to be the opposite, including for me. I was expecting a bargain bin shooter, but the demo had a great feel to it, and rocketed it to the top of my anted games list. I thought the gameplay was much better than I expected, and I loved the "mystery" element of the story (something that is missing in many game stories, IMO).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 21, 2012
Latest post:  May 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 360
Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 360 by 2K (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (107)