Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Yakuza Dead Souls forum

Should I pre-order now or wait?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2011 2:19:02 PM PDT
Anthony says:
Should I pre-order now or wait? I highly doubt they'll give any promotional credit towards this purchase as they've never done that with the other Yakuza games.....what do you think?

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 3:42:46 PM PDT
Unit543 says:
I own the game in Japanese,just preorder it..well worth it

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 7:08:16 PM PST
J. Rewis says:
I just found out about this and I'm buying it right now! I played bits of the Japanese demo and loved it. I'm not even thinking twice about this order. If they release a special edition like they did in Japan I'll switch my preorder over to that one instead.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 5:48:18 PM PST
the Truth says:
Is this game like the other yakuza games? How long is it and are there tons of things to do?

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 2:27:08 PM PST
You may want to pre-order at GameStop as well. GameStop had exclusive content for Yakuza 3 and 4, so it may or may not be worth it to you... I really wish Sega would extend some special stuff to Amazon b/c I prefer to buy from Amazon.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 5:22:10 PM PST
E.C. says:
Best Buy sold Yakuza 4 for $40 on release day. I just bought it there and refused my Amazon delivery. I hope a discount like that happens with Dead Souls. I'll be looking out for something similar as release day approaches.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 8:12:16 AM PST
R. Leung says:
wait... all yakuza games plummet in price after a month or so... you can buy 4 for less then 20 now. sides this is a side show... the story isnt cannon and it's just a cash grab to make a shooter with zombies with the cast/crew from the series.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 9:55:55 AM PST
DMS,MD says:
Good point, R. Leung. Red Dead Redemption released their Zombie game in a low-price DLC package. Time will tell if this game deserves a full disc at full price. I'm betting not. I'll wait and get it used at Gamestop, if at all.

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 11:47:52 AM PST
The only problem with waiting, so you can buy the game cheaper, is that it removes the incentive for Sega to keep publishing these games here (we don't have Yakuza Kenzan and Black Panther for the PSP). Unfortunately, the Yakuza series needs fan support--that's the only reason I buy games on release day.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 10:24:11 PM PST
Anthony says:
I will point out. I own the japanese version of this game (Of the End) and it is pretty awesome, the reason I asked if I should wait is because I'm not sure if GameStop would be a better deal then Amazon.....

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 9:35:10 AM PST
Daddy says:
If they want consumers to buy games on release day, they NEED to stop lowering their prices after a month or so. Have you ever seen a Nintendo first-party title lower it's price? They believe in not "cheating" customers. When I buy games at launch and then see it marked down 30$ or so, I am pissed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 8:29:48 PM PST
anpan says:
If you are a fan of the Yakuza series then OF COURSE this game is worth full price simply because you get to control Mad Dog Majima and Goda Ryuji, two of the series most bad ass characters, for the first time.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:04:02 PM PST
Anthony says:
I agree with Anpan, however, I'm sad to see that this doesn't have release date delivery yet....

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 6:07:27 PM PST
I'll wait to see if Newegg does a deal on it.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 1:31:47 PM PST
Martha says:
yeah pre order now dont wait or u loose bogey ooogey.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 6:51:45 PM PST
Cruise says:
Based on the Japanese demos of both Binary Domain and Yakuza Dead Souls. I would have to say the controls are better on Binary Domain which was done by the makers of Yakuza as well. The controls are a bit clunky on Dead Souls. Hopefully, they'll fix it before it's release.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 10:09:16 AM PST
Kind of getting concerned about this game. It's set to release on March 15th, but not a peep from Sega about it (unless I've missed something). Also, Sega Sammy didn't do well last year, and the games getting released this year are going to make it really tough for this game to get noticed. So sad.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 10:22:05 PM PST
Yoko51 says:
I'm still going to get this day one but I'll probably wait till the day of just in case Best Buy has it on sale again.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 5:57:57 PM PST
Aaron Webber says:
Worth pre-ordering if you enjoy the Yakuza: series! I'll admit I'm a little biased as I'm one of those SEGA folks working on the game, but I'm also a fan who made his way to the company - so my opinions below are my personal ones.

The gameplay takes a moment to get used to at first, because the shift from brawler -> shooter is, naturally, a big one. After 5-10 minutes, and as you level up your abilities, it gets a lot smoother - and that's when the fun really begins. Suddenly you'll go up against zombies who feel like bosses from past Yakuza games with their melee moves, and in between dodging and shooting in rapid succession, most players will find that the quick pace of the more challenging shooting segments are fantastic.

Like the previous games, you can also adjust the difficulty - so if it's too hard to get the controls at first, go with Easy. If you know what you're doing, medium is good. And if you really enjoy a challenge... well, we've got something in there for you, too. :)

You'll hear and see lots more about the game as we get close to launch - here's an interview I did earlier this week with Classic game room - it should shed some light and show off more of the game! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8P0b88o-_U

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 10:23:19 AM PST
Thanks so much Aaron for the update. I'm definitely getting this game; I really loved Yakuza 3 and 4, so this has been on my list since it was first announced. You guys and gals have done a fantastic job with the series, and I try to plug the games with my friends and acquaintances every chance I get. I saw on the news today that ATLUS' parent company is teaming up with Sega for distribution; I really wish you all would also collaborate, possibly along with Namco Bandai and maybe NIS, with more joint ventures to streamline the localization and publishing process of these wonderful niche titles.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:43:02 PM PST
Aaron Webber says:
You're very welcome, Jh! Thanks for being one of the people out there supporting the game. : ) Every pre-order, and all the word of mouth really makes a difference in the success of the franchise out here in the west.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 8:28:13 AM PST
i plan to preorder today, do you know if america will recieve the steel edition, or just new zealand and australia? i must have steelbook

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 6:50:21 AM PST
Cruise says:
Just curious, but is there anything in Dead Souls that SEGA's removing for the US version?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 1:48:01 PM PST
From what I've seen on the interview with Aaron (above) the hostess clubs are in, and I saw most of the minigames there. The only ones I really hope are there, that I haven't seen confirmed yet, are Mahjong and Shogi. I would imagine they should be there because Yakuza 4 had all of it (except for some super Japan-specific trivia and stuff like that).

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 2:01:35 PM PST
Anthony says:
I pre-ordered my copy with Gamestop and have it paid off in full. :-)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Yakuza Dead Souls forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Yakuza Dead Souls
Yakuza Dead Souls by Sega of America (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (73)