Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2007 1:28:28 AM PST
Howard Green says:
Saw this in a store today. I was not aware of this box set before. $45.00 for five great films. The movies are packaged in slimcases, inside a slipcover. No word on the box about extras, nothing noted here either. Do you think the box is worth picking up? I know my local Target had Fargo and Raising Arizona together as a double feature for 10 bucks, and I recall some rumors of a Fargo special edition. Anybody know about this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2008 10:02:40 PM PDT
Bloody Mary says:
This is what is so aggravating about Amazon listings (besides reviews for different editions being shared across pages, and boneheaded people who think this review system is a place to talk about whether and when they received an item), we need clear descriptions of extras and versions and what differentiates one release from another so we can choose which we would prefer to buy. Does the DVD of Blood Simple in this box set include the three minutes cut for the "Director's Cut" release?

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 6:13:30 AM PST
2 years later...Still no word on the extras!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:31:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 11:37:19 AM PST
Here are two links to more detailed product listings for this item. Amazon may not always provide as much information as I myself would like, but also as seen from these two links, Amazon's prices (not exclusively, not always) can be much more reasonable/fair; I certainly appreciate them them for that. Note that both of the links below also include the actual UPC number; though Amazon usually only includes its own ASIN in DVD product information, one can confirm the UPC by searching Amazon via that number rather than a title alone; in this case, type or copy/paste 027616093554 into the search field above.)

Barnes and Noble can normally, not always, be relied upon to provide item by item details of the disc menus (scroll down to "Menu" section and select "Read More"). http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-coen-brothers-movie-collection/14232531?ean=27616093554

DVD Empire nearly always shows a sharp close up of the complete outer packaging (select "Box Cover" tab, then "FRONT" or "BACK"), and usually also lists complete details that may not be given on the product package (under "General Information" tab, scroll down to "Product Information"). http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1361352&tab=0&date=412415956018519&anchor=1#topoftabs
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Coen Brothers Movie Collection (Fargo / Miller's Crossing / Barton Fink / Raising Arizona / Blood Simple)
The Coen Brothers Movie Collection (Fargo / Miller's Crossing / Barton Fink / Raising Arizona / Blood Simple) by William H. Macy (DVD - 2007)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (40)