Customer Discussions > XenoBlade Chronicles forum

Should I get a Wii just for this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2012 7:18:47 AM PDT
Daniel Parks says:
I own a PS3 and I need something to tide me over until Ni No Kuni gets here next year. Been replaying Persona 3 FES just to get my JRPG fix but this game has my mouth watering and I'm seriously considering picking up a used Wii just for this game. I know the Last Story is coming soon, and it looks...okay, but certainly not worth getting a Wii for. Is Xenoblade Chronicles the only game worth getting a Wii for, and it is it really worth it just for one game?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 5:18:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 5:20:50 PM PDT
Ryan says:
Well Xenoblade Chronicles is a really good game, however I'd advise against buying a system just for one game alone. Did you consider several other Wii games? There are plenty of other games you can consider for the Wii. Here's a few I recommend:

-Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
-Mario Galaxy (either 1 or 2)
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
-Pikmin

If you do consider Xenoblade make sure you get the Wii Classic Controller Pro.

That's pretty much all I can say. Up to you really.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:54:42 AM PDT
alex says:
You should definitely get a Wii for this game! But only a cheap second hand one. I got a second hand Wii for 30 euros after trading in some old ps3 games, and boy was it worth it. You like rpgs right? You like final fantasy? Then get this. My file is about 90% complete, finished the story, and about 180 hours long. I've enjoyed every minute of it- and I only play long games if there fun, not boring like skyrim. Oh, I'd also recommend the last story, even though its only about 35 hours long, it's still awesome. Also, try the Zelda games.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 1:59:26 PM PDT
Short answer: YES. I'm 97 hours into this game and still not finished. It's absolutely stunning from top to bottom, and very possibly my favorite game on the Wii so far.

However, once you DO own a Wii, there are lots of other fantastic reasons to have it. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Zelda (Twilight Princess and especially Skyward Sword, my favorite Zelda game since the N64!), Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime Trilogy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, No More Heroes, Dead Space: Extraction, and many many more... not to mention the most awesome downloadable game library of any current-gen system, thanks to the amazing Virtual Console. The Wii is an all-around wonderful game system that constantly gets dissed because of its low horsepower. Give it a chance!

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 7:05:23 AM PDT
If there's any game worth getting a Wii for, it's this one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
XenoBlade Chronicles
XenoBlade Chronicles by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (122)