Should I buy a previous version first?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2013 2:11:54 PM PST
CPKC says:
I've been reading some of the reviews and I'm thinking since I'm new to Zumba, I should buy a previous version first? I have never tried Zumba and I'm a white girl so I have no dance skills whatsoever! But I want to get into shape and tone up and I want it to be fun or else I won't workout. I saw a commercial for this particular Zumba and wanted to try it out. What do you think would be best for me? Should I just jump in and try the World Party or start with a previous version?

Thanks all!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013 2:45:10 AM PST
Hi,
from my point of view, yes, you might consider buying Zumba 2, then go to Zumba Core and then getting Zumba World Party. That's what I did. After a long period of time without doing any excercise whatsoever and not knowing latino dances (I'm from Spain and I never had the chance to dance outside a disco) the first two weeks with Zumba 2 I just spent my time learning how to move waist, hips, coordinate arms and legs, etc. I also used the "live class" on the dvd set they have, which is great for starter zumba users. Now, it's been like three months since I started and I'm loving the World Party, though Zumba Core is really very good as well, but I think you need some training before. I hope this was helpful.

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 10:52:59 AM PDT
KMK01 says:
Thanks for the other suggestions! I have this (Wii Zumba World Party) as my first Zumba experience and I have been able to fill a custom class with songs that I feel I'm capable of learning, but as a non-dancer looking for a fun workout program, I found the vast majority of the dance routines too complicated and not repetitive enough for me to pick up. It took a sheer force of will for me to keep trying more songs until I could fill my custom class. It *is* a great workout though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zumba Fitness World Party - Nintendo Wii
Zumba Fitness World Party - Nintendo Wii by Majesco Sales Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (176)